Jastrow's Pic of the Day

Go to CruxDreams.com
Saturday, August 25, 2018–Day 235. Here’s a new one (actually a 2014 image reworked today) called, "A Mystery By the Gate".
"He had found the old photograph in tucked between the pages of an old book on Moorish architecture he had purchased at a tiny book stall at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. The photo was in black and white and the image was grainy and faded. It showed a young, dark haired woman nailed to a rough wooden cross. It was clear she was in terrible agony... A million thoughts raced through his mind. Who she was? Where had the photo been taken? The stone gate and the ruins in the background gave little information helpful in determining a location. The desert landscape could be anywhere. When had it been taken? Photography had only existed since the mid 19th century–yet the scene in the picture looked much, much older–timeless, really... Was it real or a clever fake? It certainly looked real. And if real, it meant that this terrible, barbaric means of execution was still being practiced somewhere in the world in the not too distant past. He made his purchase and went back to his hotel and looked again at the picture. As he gazed at it, he could help but realize that her beauty and her anguish were unmistakable. To his surprise, he realized that his cock was rock hard. Again he asked himself, who was she? And then another lingering question....what could she possibly have done to earn this terrible fate...?"

I love the way you've gone with this, a random find sparking curiosity, horror and arousal. It's a great idea. I did this with one of my oldest manips, 2001, when I posted it I claimed it was found in a box of my grandfather's photos or some such thing. It's ok, it's clearly signed so I wasn't really misleading anyone :) Set in China and presumably showing a western victim of one of the many rebellions of the mid to late 19th century.
ph019.jpg

More recent but same idea, this fake postcard supposedly shows several victims of the Boxer rebellion displayed outside the gates - full picture and details
ph124.jpgph124a.jpgph124b.jpgph124c.jpg

I love the way you've gone with this, a random find sparking curiosity, horror and arousal. It's a great idea. I did this with one of my oldest manips, 2001, when I posted it I claimed it was found in a box of my grandfather's photos or some such thing. It's ok, it's clearly signed so I wasn't really misleading anyone :) Set in China and presumably showing a western victim of one of the many rebellions of the mid to late 19th century.
View attachment 615134

More recent but same idea, this fake postcard supposedly shows several victims of the Boxer rebellion displayed outside the gates - full picture and details
View attachment 615138View attachment 615137View attachment 615136View attachment 615135

Phlebas, something’s been gnawing at my memory. Didn’t you do a manip in the early 00’s featuring a crucified woman in front of the medieval gate of a North African city?

Sunday, August 26, 2018–Day 236. "She would die in this desolate place. Although she had only been nailed to the cross for a short time, she was already exhausted. Sweat poured off her naked body and the sun would soon burn those parts of her body that had seldom felt its burn. Her thirst grew with each passing moment. She was utterly alone, with no one to see her suffering–no one to hear her cries for mercy. She wouldn’t last long..." Called "Death for the Desert Blond".

Attachments

• Death for the Desert Blond  8 26.jpg
    Death for the Desert Blond 8 26.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 525
Sunday, August 26, 2018–Day 236. "She would die in this desolate place. Although she had only been nailed to the cross for a short time, she was already exhausted. Sweat poured off her naked body and the sun would soon burn those parts of her body that had seldom felt its burn. Her thirst grew with each passing moment. She was utterly alone, with no one to see her suffering–no one to hear her cries for mercy. She wouldn’t last long..." Called "Death for the Desert Blond".
May I suggest using only three nails... It is the economy...

The picture does show the desperate struggle she is going through quite well. It seems to me she is on her last second then total darkness will fall.

Hmmm.

I can’t think of any backstory that doesn’t involve a psychopathic murder in the present day American Southwest. Lemme think some more . . .

Well, Rome and later Byzantium did own a slice of the northwest of the peninsula called Arabia Petraea, until the Islamic Expansion. That’s a plausible backdrop. You see guys, I need a distance of at least two millennia between me and my crux fantasies. :rolleyes:

BTW, another well damn done render, Jas. :clapping:

Attachments

• E56215BB-6951-4D08-A28B-488043924614.jpeg
    E56215BB-6951-4D08-A28B-488043924614.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 423
Hmmm.

I can’t think of any backstory that doesn’t involve a psychopathic murder in the present day American Southwest. Lemme think some more . . .

Well, Rome and later Byzantium did own a slice of the northwest of the peninsula called Arabia Petraea, until the Islamic Expansion. That’s a plausible backdrop. You see guys, I need a distance of at least two millennia between me and my crux fantasies. :rolleyes:

BTW, another well damn done render, Jas. :clapping:
Madiosi-2018-407-DesertCross.jpg

Attachments

• B5BC3053-6845-4DCC-9729-3BE5B8F6FCB7.jpeg
    B5BC3053-6845-4DCC-9729-3BE5B8F6FCB7.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 376
Phlebas, something’s been gnawing at my memory. Didn’t you do a manip in the early 00’s featuring a crucified woman in front of the medieval gate of a North African city?

I think you mean this one Apostate, another oldie. Well remembered!
ph034.jpg

Great pic Madi, I really like it.

And again, amazing.

You do realize that the speed at which you work is terrifying, right?

Fastest pixels in the west

Monday, August 27, 2018–Day 237. This one goes waaaaay back--many, many moons ago (at least 2 moons! Actually it was done in 2007!) I’m not sure Gene Rodenberry ever contemplated Captain Kirk being confronted by an alien woman with purplish skin, white hair (both the carpet and the drapes!) , black blood, and pointy ears being nailed to a cross in a ‘galaxy far, far away.... (No, wait. That’s the other one, isn’t it?) Very high-tech crucifixion with a futuristic cornu calculated to cause the alien Miss a shocking amount of pain. I honestly don’t remember who I did this one for... Anyway, once Kirk rescues her, do you suppose he will "boldly go where no man has ever gone before...?" Called simply, "Kirk". "May the Force Be With You..." (No, that’s wrong, too... I’m not a big science fiction fan...)

Attachments

• kirk 8 27.jpg
    kirk 8 27.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 450
Monday, August 27, 2018–Day 237. This one goes waaaaay back--many, many moons ago (at least 2 moons! Actually it was done in 2007!) I’m not sure Gene Rodenberry ever contemplated Captain Kirk being confronted by an alien woman with purplish skin, white hair (both the carpet and the drapes!) , black blood, and pointy ears being nailed to a cross in a ‘galaxy far, far away.... (No, wait. That’s the other one, isn’t it?) Very high-tech crucifixion with a futuristic cornu calculated to cause the alien Miss a shocking amount of pain. I honestly don’t remember who I did this one for... Anyway, once Kirk rescues her, do you suppose he will "boldly go where no man has ever gone before...?" Called simply, "Kirk". "May the Force Be With You..." (No, that’s wrong, too... I’m not a big science fiction fan...)
Alien women with purplish skin should be crucified...

Alien women with purplish skin should be crucified...

But that would be a violation of the Prime Directive!

Not only that, but Kirk's out of uniform! Starfleet personnel wore Beatles boots, not jackboots!

Attachments

• 182590A4-42DD-4CB4-BA96-D5774A297799.jpeg
    182590A4-42DD-4CB4-BA96-D5774A297799.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 355
  • 79D4C18F-7E2F-4C24-9B41-B57E56CD9FFD.jpeg
    79D4C18F-7E2F-4C24-9B41-B57E56CD9FFD.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 301
“In critical moments, men sometimes see exactly what they wish to see.”
That's one from Mr. Spock.;)

I’m not sure Gene Rodenberry ever contemplated Captain Kirk being confronted by an alien woman with purplish skin, white hair (both the carpet and the drapes!) , black blood, and pointy ears being nailed to a cross in a ‘galaxy far, far away.... (No, wait. That’s the other one, isn’t it?)

This one could fit into either mythos, Jas. And she’s unambiguously hot besides. Do you have any plans to update the character, he asked, a pleading whine in his voice? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• A15F25E9-3005-4915-9599-4BE9D7A95C6C.jpeg
    A15F25E9-3005-4915-9599-4BE9D7A95C6C.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 331
the night sky looks reassuringly familiar - Ursa Minor and Cepheus seem to be where we generally see them :p

By golly you’re right, Eulalia. I missed that.

Jas, you really should use a really alien sky. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 479C347F-4353-45AA-9B5B-C222B3960495.jpeg
    479C347F-4353-45AA-9B5B-C222B3960495.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 311
  • 7EB60B1B-5209-4BAB-B02A-205D5A5D8D10.jpeg
    7EB60B1B-5209-4BAB-B02A-205D5A5D8D10.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom