Jastrow's Pic of the Day

Go to CruxDreams.com
I thought that the duel moons might be a good indicator that we weren't in Kansas anymorr...

Jas, I was trying to generate a complex, non-canonical scenario in which an early Borg incursion into Federation space resulted in the duplication of Earth's moon, but I just ran out of Trekkie steam.

Anyway, hot render guy. Do think of reworking her.

Monday, August 27, 2018–Day 237. This one goes waaaaay back--many, many moons ago (at least 2 moons! Actually it was done in 2007!) I’m not sure Gene Rodenberry ever contemplated Captain Kirk being confronted by an alien woman with purplish skin, white hair (both the carpet and the drapes!) , black blood, and pointy ears being nailed to a cross in a ‘galaxy far, far away.... (No, wait. That’s the other one, isn’t it?) Very high-tech crucifixion with a futuristic cornu calculated to cause the alien Miss a shocking amount of pain. I honestly don’t remember who I did this one for... Anyway, once Kirk rescues her, do you suppose he will "boldly go where no man has ever gone before...?" Called simply, "Kirk". "May the Force Be With You..." (No, that’s wrong, too... I’m not a big science fiction fan...)

Well! That is an interesting take on the old cornu idea. Hi tech and leaves you wondering just exactly what it must feel like.
It's interesting to explore modern or futuristic elements in the classic crux setting. I remember a story years ago that was set in a futuristic but surviving Rome. Among other things the victim, a disgraced star ship captain, was dosed with a serum to intensify her agony. Another story involved crux cuffs that were put on the victim the day before the crucifixion itself. These had the nails already set in them and ready for hammering through the wrist.
Still, despiteall this hi tech, there's nothing like a honking big traditional cornu!
sg teeth.jpg

Monday, August 27, 2018–Day 237. This one goes waaaaay back--many, many moons ago (at least 2 moons! Actually it was done in 2007!) I’m not sure Gene Rodenberry ever contemplated Captain Kirk being confronted by an alien woman with purplish skin, white hair (both the carpet and the drapes!) , black blood, and pointy ears being nailed to a cross in a ‘galaxy far, far away.... (No, wait. That’s the other one, isn’t it?) Very high-tech crucifixion with a futuristic cornu calculated to cause the alien Miss a shocking amount of pain. I honestly don’t remember who I did this one for... Anyway, once Kirk rescues her, do you suppose he will "boldly go where no man has ever gone before...?" Called simply, "Kirk". "May the Force Be With You..." (No, that’s wrong, too... I’m not a big science fiction fan...)

And to think he’s now reduced to promoting an ambulance chaser law firm in television ads. Ahhh for the good old days when as captain of the Enterprise Kirk could order an alien to be crucified naked whenever he chose to do such a thing.;)

Tuesday, August 27, 2018–Day 238. Here’s one from 2012 called "Cruxed Gamine" I love the word ‘gamine’. It is one of those words that should get more usage...

Kinda like “tumescent”? :rolleyes:

More like a young Leslie Caron, methinks.

I always wondered what she’d look like crucified naked. Thanks, Jas. :devil:

Attachments

• 0EAF4EA5-B556-4875-AB27-B6ADF7F716B5.jpeg
    0EAF4EA5-B556-4875-AB27-B6ADF7F716B5.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 429
Hmmm. This young lady previously posted on another thread also fits the descriptor "gamine."

Attachments

• E84EC2A3-AD13-44CA-A8CE-26230DB37BE4.jpeg
    E84EC2A3-AD13-44CA-A8CE-26230DB37BE4.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 438
Well! That is an interesting take on the old cornu idea. Hi tech and leaves you wondering just exactly what it must feel like.
It's interesting to explore modern or futuristic elements in the classic crux setting. I remember a story years ago that was set in a futuristic but surviving Rome. Among other things the victim, a disgraced star ship captain, was dosed with a serum to intensify her agony. Another story involved crux cuffs that were put on the victim the day before the crucifixion itself. These had the nails already set in them and ready for hammering through the wrist.
Still, despiteall this hi tech, there's nothing like a honking big traditional cornu!
View attachment 615673

You are probably thinking of "Crux Galactica" by Dr Adolphus, which can still be found in the Crux Foundation Archive. It has lots of high-tech nastiness applied to crucifixion, such as the "electro-scourge" which causes agony but no physical damage so the victim is not weakened for the cross.

All the names refer to a certain TV series, so the ship's engineer is Caledonius (Scotty) and the captain is Ianevia (Janeway).

Star Trek the original series had a planet where Rome had survived to the 20th century with televised gladiatorial contests. Sadly no crucifixions. Other episodes such as "The Empath" and "Mirror Mirror" featured torture however. The Mirror Universe had the Empire instead of the Federation, with more interesting female uniforms, officers equipped with agonizers and the ever-popular agonizer booth. Spock's goatee beard became the universal symbol of "Oh crap, we are stuck in an evil alternate universe!"

Spock's goatee beard became the universal symbol of "Oh crap, we are stuck in an evil alternate universe!"

Since 2003, "We're on the timeline that ends up with the bearded Spock" have been bywords for my circle of RL friends. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are probably thinking of "Crux Galactica" by Dr Adolphus, which can still be found in the Crux Foundation Archive. It has lots of high-tech nastiness applied to crucifixion, such as the "electro-scourge" which causes agony but no physical damage so the victim is not weakened for the cross.

All the names refer to a certain TV series, so the ship's engineer is Caledonius (Scotty) and the captain is Ianevia (Janeway).

Star Trek the original series had a planet where Rome had survived to the 20th century with televised gladiatorial contests. Sadly no crucifixions. Other episodes such as "The Empath" and "Mirror Mirror" featured torture however. The Mirror Universe had the Empire instead of the Federation, with more interesting female uniforms, officers equipped with agonizers and the ever-popular agonizer booth. Spock's goatee beard became the universal symbol of "Oh crap, we are stuck in an evil alternate universe!"

I'm sure you're right RedOrc, that sounds like the story. Dr Adolphus had a few interesting story ideas back in the day.

As for Spock's goatee, this became an amusing trope in the series Community
C3bT8sRUEAADaPT.jpg195791d5ae356379143e05bb6105c19a.jpgAmusingHideousGadwall-size_restricted.giftumblr_m1bfi88mkO1rrg9fgo1_500.gif

I think this angle better emphasizes the "honking big" part, Phlebas. :devil::eek:

I think you're right :) frightening, or fascinating, depending on your pov

Wednesday, August 28, 2018–Day 239. Most women are fortunate enough to go through their lives with the expectation that she will be treated with respect, decorum and modesty. That’s certainly not the case for a woman condemned to die on a cross. All of her feminine charms that she would otherwise keep hidden from all but her lover would be fully on display and she can expect to be fondled, molested and groped by anyone passing by. After what she has been through to get to this point and what she will endure before the end comes, it is perhaps not all that important. Still it is a further degradation that she must endure. After all, on the cross, there are no secrets. From 2015 and entitled "No Secrets".

Attachments

• No Secrets 8 29..jpg
    No Secrets 8 29..jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 582
the victim, a disgraced star ship captain, was dosed with a serum to intensify her agony.
'Pain enhancer' - a standard pre-torture injection - along with anti-toxin and hormone-arousal jags -
in my Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls. Dr. Sheng has devoted his professional career
to researching pain in the female body - as I eventually die slowly on the Wheel, he is awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

I think this angle better emphasizes the "honking big" part, Phlebas. :devil::eek:

View attachment 615825

Credit for both those to Ascanio, illustrating my Crucifixa.

'Pain enhancer' - a standard pre-torture injection - along with anti-toxin and hormone-arousal jags -
in my Interrogation and Punishment Centre for Girls. Dr. Sheng has devoted his professional career
to researching pain in the female body - as I eventually die slowly on the Wheel, he is awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

There’s a reference in the 1984 movie version of Dune to a "pain amplifier," but as a device and not an injection. I’m not sure which a serious sadistic torturer would prefer.

Thursday, August 30, 2018–Day 240. Here’s a new emulation of a Yusseby drawing that shows water being given to a woman nailed to a cross. I’ve did an earlier version of this years ago, but thought I would try it once again. I call it "Quenching Her Thirst". It would be a mistake to attribute the act of giving water to a person on a cross to be an act of kindness or mercy, although they might desperately crave it. Instead, it would only prolong their suffering. During their time they gain from this hydration, they might harbor desperate fantasies of some miraculous rescue that would somehow save them from their fate, but it would never happen–only more pain and endless suffering. Life’s sometimes a bitch.... I thought about writing a backstory this girl and her sister–her twin sister-- are both captured rebels. After they are nailed to their crosses, the carnifixes decide to have a contest to see which of the two can be kept alive on the cross the longest. Presumably they would both be in similar physical condition so it would be a fair contest and neither one would have an unfair advantage. They will each be given–forced really–to consume water and food and a sedile or cornu might be put in place to support their body’s weight. Bets would be placed amongst the onlookers to see which one of the twins would last the longest in the hot, burning sun. After a surprisingly long period on the cross and praying for death, one of them, at last, would die The bets would be settled and then long suffering survivor would then be given a special prize for her efforts–her legs would be broken and she would mercifully be permitted to die.... ‘Hey, its hot out here. Let’s go somewhere cool and have a nice drink...’ Entitled, "Quenching Her Thirst".

Attachments

• Thirsty.jpg
    Thirsty.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 516
  • Quenching Her Thirst  8 30.jpg
    Quenching Her Thirst 8 30.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 556
Thursday, August 30, 2018–Day 240. Here’s a new emulation of a Yusseby drawing that shows water being given to a woman nailed to a cross. I’ve did an earlier version of this years ago, but thought I would try it once again. I call it "Quenching Her Thirst". It would be a mistake to attribute the act of giving water to a person on a cross to be an act of kindness or mercy, although they might desperately crave it. Instead, it would only prolong their suffering. During their time they gain from this hydration, they might harbor desperate fantasies of some miraculous rescue that would somehow save them from their fate, but it would never happen–only more pain and endless suffering. Life’s sometimes a bitch.... I thought about writing a backstory this girl and her sister–her twin sister-- are both captured rebels. After they are nailed to their crosses, the carnifixes decide to have a contest to see which of the two can be kept alive on the cross the longest. Presumably they would both be in similar physical condition so it would be a fair contest and neither one would have an unfair advantage. They will each be given–forced really–to consume water and food and a sedile or cornu might be put in place to support their body’s weight. Bets would be placed amongst the onlookers to see which one of the twins would last the longest in the hot, burning sun. After a surprisingly long period on the cross and praying for death, one of them, at last, would die The bets would be settled and then long suffering survivor would then be given a special prize for her efforts–her legs would be broken and she would mercifully be permitted to die.... ‘Hey, its hot out here. Let’s go somewhere cool and have a nice drink...’ Entitled, "Quenching Her Thirst".
A proper three nail crux!!!

Back
Top Bottom