Just asking what everyone thinks is the most realistic crucifixion they've seen.

Go to CruxDreams.com
So what do you think is the most realistic crucifixion you've seen? It can be a movie or a picture or anything.
As far as I know, no one alive, not even the very senior members here, have witnessed an actual crucifixion, so how can anyone say? All of the evidence that survives is vague enough to allow many possibilities and likely they varied from place to place even within the Roman Empire.

ISIS has reportedly crucified people, but it appears that the people were already dead or close to it when they were tied up on some sort of cross-like device. They are a bunch of fiends, so it would come as no surprise if they did carry out actual crucifixions, but they seem more prone to gross blood-letting using knives, axes and AK-47s. The only other crucifixions I know of are those carried out for religious purposes, like the ones in the Philippines each year, or those done for films and photo shoots, examples of which are plentiful here on our site. Why haven't there been crucifixions staged for those who would be excited to witness them? It would seem to be an event waiting to happen. (If there have been, please let me know).

As far as I know, no one alive, not even the very senior members here, have witnessed an actual crucifixion, so how can anyone say? All of the evidence that survives is vague enough to allow many possibilities and likely they varied from place to place even within the Roman Empire.
As is well-known, one of our members has participated in an all-too-realistic one -
but she didn't 'see' it, she 'did' it, or rather had it done to her.

As to portrayals, I think that original POAG sequence is the most realistic enactment,
by the girl herself - while she's being flogged, and especially when she's on the cross.

'Timo and Maura' by MkGrr on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/mkgrr/art/Timo-and-Maura-111558346

timo_and_maura_by_mkg2k7.jpg

Still one of my all-time faves for realism. :)

Some of the best.....

Attachments

• 20180522_100442.jpg
    20180522_100442.jpg
    935.5 KB · Views: 564
  • moments_6254171113_hi_res (1).jpg
    moments_6254171113_hi_res (1).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 20180812_104554.jpg
    20180812_104554.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 518
  • 1596381808-1-1.jpg
    1596381808-1-1.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 20180823_165738.jpg
    20180823_165738.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 540
  • downloadfile-13-1.jpg
    downloadfile-13-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 513
  • Alice-1.jpg
    Alice-1.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 518
OK.
(deep breath)

Mark Kee makes the point that none of us have seen a real crucifixion. This is true if by real crucifixion we mean crucifixion as a means of execution. This is not something that really exists in the world anymore, as far as we know, and even ISIS and other more extreme elements of the Muslim world tend only to crucify those who have already died, as a display rather than a means of execution.

But crucifixion imho is any form of genuine suspension on a cross. It can include ropes and other forms of binding, and duration is variable. Images from this less lethal form of crux come as close as we are likely to get to "real" crucifixion. We see the genuine struggle of the body against gravity and the cruciform position, the stress on arms and legs and torso, the beautiful shapes and forms that a crucified body adopts. In my view some of the best examples of this are the work of Makar, of Dream Boy Bondage, Crux Bitches (and other names) and of numerous self cruxers who have shared with us over the years.

There is a tension here between the genuine experience and art. Some beautiful work has been done that doesn't really convey the full suspension experience, but is nonetheless wonderful. Perhaps not fully realistic.

What do I mean? Well these are examples of beautiful but not realistic.
Bettina Rheims - Crucifixion I, II, III (Triptyque) F.jpgIMGP7787eerr.jpg

This is getting more realistic, some beautiful, some gritty
crucifixion_of_a_blonde_whore___up_on_the_cross_by_morpho74-dc3dwyy.pnglara_croft__exile_ii_by_nudality-dcaye80.jpgPunishedzaz.jpgcrux_hill___simone_001_by_skatingjesus-d7srh80.jpg

This is real suspension crux
1894015.jpgkd16.jpgStrip 4.jpgJane200pc_fuck_off_by_makar013.jpg

Apologies, these are not necessarily the "best", but a quick selection from my archive to illustrate the point!

'Timo and Maura' by MkGrr on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/mkgrr/art/Timo-and-Maura-111558346

timo_and_maura_by_mkg2k7.jpg

Still one of my all-time faves for realism. :)

Considering the fact that picture had been made with Generation 3 models (2002 3D model, low polygons, pretty old, now!), I agree this is one of the most splendid 3D works ever made. I have always been jealous of what this gu had been able to create with such old stuff!

Nobody considered my crux works as realistic... Splendid!
You claimed a lot of times that you don't want to do violent stuff anymore, and that you don't want to have anything to do related to this.
It's seems to be pretty normal to me that you're not (yet) selected here.

Back
Top Bottom