Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
Lucille -

Thanks Eulalia. God how he could make those Gibson 335's talk. Clean playing, the bending for emphasis. Classic blues without all the effects pedals. And just those few notes, spaced, irregular, make you wait sometimes. Nothing overplayed like other blues guitarists such as Walter Trout.

Today, 35 years ago, Joy Division's Ian Curtis tragically decided to end his life, thus ending the promising career of a great band. The remaining band members reformed as New Order and had enormous success. I have no doubt that Joy Division would have been huge, even "U2" huge.
For those members who are interested in what this band means to me, you can read what I posted today in the Music thread
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/music.3912/page-12#post-178128

congratulations Ireland, Connie and all Irish people
upload_2015-5-23_19-53-13.png

the 11-th countrie 67 - 33

xl.jpg

Question for our US friends; is there a particular time on Monday that the nation stops to remember, as we do at 11am on Remembrance Day?

Thanks

W
Memorial Day? Don't they have Veteran's Day on 11/11? Don't know whether it has the same significance as 11:00 AM on 11th November has for Commonwealth Nations though.

Question for our US friends; is there a particular time on Monday that the nation stops to remember, as we do at 11am on Remembrance Day?

Thanks

W
Memorial Day? Don't they have Veteran's Day on 11/11? Don't know whether it has the same significance as 11:00 AM on 11th November has for Commonwealth Nations though.
Unfortunately the only pause occurs if they get to a store before it opens. It has been so neglected. A couple years back I asked my neighbor's son (then a senior in high school) what Memorial Day was about and his best guess "So they can run the Indy 500?" I told him what it was really about and asked him to ask his classmates if they knew. Only one or two did. This is in a high school where a recent graduate who was quite the football star and all-around popular guy was killed in Iraq. What makes this more appalling is my neighbor lives but two houses from where the young man grew up!!!

Years back retailers got the US congress to move Memorial Day from May 31 to the last Monday in May and Veterans Day from 11-11 to the second Monday in November. It is rather disgusting...

Tree

Thanks

W
I observe Memorial Day the way it is intended. Every Memorial Day I pick up my mom and we go to my Dad's gravesite and place an American flag on his grave. Dad was a Marine and served in the Korean War. I have been doing this every Memorial Day for the past 22 years.
I remember!

I observe Memorial Day the way it is intended. Every Memorial Day I pick up my mom and we go to my Dad's gravesite and place an American flag on his grave. Dad was a Marine and served in the Korean War. I have been doing this every Memorial Day for the past 22 years.
I remember!
Bless you, you mother, and your late father. My father was a navigator on a B-29 in WW 2 (Not bad for a guy who didn't finish high school). He would talk all day about the plane but never would discuss the sorties he flew...

Bless you, you mother, and your late father. My father was a navigator on a B-29 in WW 2 (Not bad for a guy who didn't finish high school). He would talk all day about the plane but never would discuss the sorties he flew...
Thank you Tree for the very kind words!!!
My father was the same, he never talked much about the War.

RR, they went from drought to floods in one week!!! Several locations may exceed their annual average rainfall in one month alone and it is not over yet!!!
This May has already broken a state record for rainfall, and there is still more on the way:eek:. I believe we have received about 19 inches of rain for the month!
Where I live it's a wooded area, and it's beginning to look like a rainforest. There is vegetation growing everywhere. In the mornings I go outside and there is fog and mist like a rainforest. Luckily I live on a higher elevation so I have not experienced the flooding like most of the city. But I think the roof is about to spring a leak.

Last edited:
This May has already broken a state record for rainfall, and there is still more on the way:eek:. I believe we have received about 19 inches of rain for the month!
Where I live it's a wooded area, and it's beginning to look like a rainforest. There is vegetation growing everywhere. In the mornings I go outside and there is fog and mist like a rainforest. Luckily I live on a higher elevation so I have not experienced the flooding like most of the city. But I think the roof is about to spring a leak.
...don't say that!! Tree goes out to the deck and takes a leak, hoping he doesn't cause the levy to break...

But seriously, I have many relatives down your way... Stay safe, stay on high ground!!!

Tree

...don't say that!! Tree goes out to the deck and takes a leak, hoping he doesn't cause the levy to break...

But seriously, I have many relatives down your way... Stay safe, stay on high ground!!!

Tree
Thanks! I will try. Everyday I check the weather to make sure there are no flooded roads were I will be traveling. The corvette does not need to be floating, and it sits so low it would not take much:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom