Milestones

Go to CruxDreams.com
You're having one hell of a year, Hondo :eek:
I try to look on the bright side, it could be a whole lot worse. Some poor folks have lost their homes, and others have lost their lives.:(

For the older ones here just a reminder that today marks Suzy Quatro's 65th birthday. Yep, that leather clad bass player is 65.

Suzi.jpeg

Dunno whether there will be an advert at the start but here is Devil Gate Drive as a reminder of her rockin' style.

For the older ones here just a reminder that today marks Suzy Quatro's 65th birthday. Yep, that leather clad bass player is 65.

View attachment 242711

Dunno whether there will be an advert at the start but here is Devil Gate Drive as a reminder of her rockin' style.
I indeed wanted to peel that leather off her after a concert... Seems I was too late getting in line...

T

I indeed wanted to peel that leather off her after a concert... Seems I was too late getting in line...

T
Pp could never remember just how many times he slid down that damned zip in his dreams. She toured here in February but Pp couldn't make the gig in Brisbane. He just has to think back on the gig he did see too many years ago.

album_73_suzi_quatro.jpg got this old vinyl LP on now. Daytona Demon up next.

June 6 commemorates the invasion of Normandy to free the European continent from Hitler's rule.

This is what could have happened if today's politics were in play...

WARNING: THIS IS VERY POLITICAL.

D-Day, June 6, 1944

A young president stands on the bluffs over the English Channel looking east towards France. He turns towards the solemn horde of reporter and delivered this speech…

“We have gained air superiority over the European continent. In the Pacific we have achieved the same against the Japanese. There is no reason for us to repeat the carnage of Anzio. The Fascists and Nazis have been contained as have our enemies in Japan.”

“The Vichy government of France is not at war with Adolph Hitler and there is no reason we should be.”

“President Obama, what about the rumors that Hitler is exterminating Jews?”

“We don’t have intelligence that Mr. Hitler is really doing this. If he is this will be a red line he cannot cross. Besides, it would keep the Middle East peaceful for centuries…”

“Mr. President, we hear the Nazis are slaughtering members of the Dutch and French Resistance. We have encouraged them to resist. Are you leaving them hanging out to dry?”

“Look, folks, the French, Belgians, Dutch are all resourceful people and if they are content being allies of the Fuehrer Hitler’s Germany I am not going to waste blood and treasure of our capable young men to change their minds. Besides… you talk of resistance fighters. How are we to determine who is a ‘resistance fighter’ and who is trying to pull off a coup?

“I am certain Mr. Hitler and Mr. Stalin, both important world leaders, can work out their differences without our intervention. Next question…”

“Well, yes, the Japanese are largely contained and poise no threat to this great land of forty-eight states, and the Italians have a rail system that runs on time just as Mussolini promised except when we bomb it. We are not going to make friends in the world if we act as a superpower… What??? I am aware this deviates from my predecessor but he had his ideas and I have mine…”

Tree

A young president stands on the bluffs over the English Channel looking east towards France. He turns towards the solemn horde of reporter and delivered this speech…
yep he was a very young one and thus uninhibited

June 6 commemorates the invasion of Normandy to free the European continent from Hitler's rule.

This is what could have happened if today's politics were in play...

WARNING: THIS IS VERY POLITICAL.

D-Day, June 6, 1944

“We have gained air superiority over the European continent. In the Pacific we have achieved the same against the Japanese. There is no reason for us to repeat the carnage of Anzio. The Fascists and Nazis have been contained as have our enemies in Japan.”

“The Vichy government of France is not at war with Adolph Hitler and there is no reason we should be.”

“President Obama, what about the rumors that Hitler is exterminating Jews?”

“We don’t have intelligence that Mr. Hitler is really doing this. If he is this will be a red line he cannot cross. Besides, it would keep the Middle East peaceful for centuries…”

“Mr. President, we hear the Nazis are slaughtering members of the Dutch and French Resistance. We have encouraged them to resist. Are you leaving them hanging out to dry?”

“Look, folks, the French, Belgians, Dutch are all resourceful people and if they are content being allies of the Fuehrer Hitler’s Germany I am not going to waste blood and treasure of our capable young men to change their minds. Besides… you talk of resistance fighters. How are we to determine who is a ‘resistance fighter’ and who is trying to pull off a coup?

“I am certain Mr. Hitler and Mr. Stalin, both important world leaders, can work out their differences without our intervention. Next question…”

“Well, yes, the Japanese are largely contained and poise no threat to this great land of forty-eight states, and the Italians have a rail system that runs on time just as Mussolini promised except when we bomb it. We are not going to make friends in the world if we act as a superpower… What??? I am aware this deviates from my predecessor but he had his ideas and I have mine…”

Tree
He might have even called the Nazis a "B" league threat, and that they pose no threat to the world.........Or the shameless politicians in Washington would politicize the war, and try to turn the people against the war effort for their own political gain. They would, on a daily basis, show the carnage and give the death count to sway public opinion to pull out.
On a serious side....God bless all the brave souls that fought and died at Normandy. Let's pray that they are never forgotten!!!!!!

Last edited:
He might have even called the Nazis a "B" league threat, and that they pose no threat to the world.........Or the shameless politicians in Washington would politicize the war, and try to turn the people against the war effort for their own political gain. They would, on a daily basis, show the carnage and give the death count to sway public opinion to pull out.
On a serious side....God bless all the brave souls that fought and died at Normandy. Let's pray that they are never forgotten!!!!!!
Amen to that, Hondoboot...

T

D-Day - 1945 - 70 years.

But 2015 is the centenary of
Gallipoli, and the Armenian genocide - 1915
Waterloo - 1815
Agincourt - 1415
Magna Carta - 1215

the last three from British history of course (partly shared with the French)

any other 15s?

Neither Magna Carta nor Agincourt are part of Scottish history ;)
[well - Alan, Lord of Galloway, who had huge estates in England too, was a close confidant of King John at the time of MC,
and the defeat at Agincourt prompted the French to call in the Scots, who defeated the English at Bauge in 1421 -
I wonder if we'll be having commemorations of that battle? :p]
Still, any excuse for a party!

Neither Magna Carta nor Agincourt are part of Scottish history ;)

He said British History...do check which Islands you are on :p

You can submit Scottish events like the Invasion of Ireland by Edward Bruce for example ;) an operation which started some 700 years and a fortnight ago on 26May 1315 Oh and look its also an Irish event and because the English were (sort of, in bits, most of the time) in charge of Ireland also an English. Funny how events in one Kingdom effect both the others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom