Obscene Display.

Go to CruxDreams.com
I'll have a look through my archive.

I don't think I've posted these ones in this thread yet?
The second one is a long time favourite of mine.

View attachment 540658 View attachment 540659 View attachment 540660 View attachment 540661

Phlebas, your duct-taped favorite reminds me of a Leigh Heppell sculpture. He takes commissions. If I were in the 1% I'd hire him to execute The Last of the Pirates in bronze.

Speaking of sculpture, has anybody done any 3D printed crux?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 620
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 616
  • image.png
    image.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 670
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 701
I really would like to see a modern version of the Eulalia comic by one of our skilled renderers.

I am sorry to disappoint you about the saints pubic hair, but it's one of my very poor attempts to de-sanitise the comic, sadly in the original version, Eulalia has the usual modesty coverings. although her story says she was Crucified naked.

Even when told that she would be nailed naked on a cross, she still refused to renounce her beliefs, Eulalia was stripped and executed by crucifixion in public as a warning to other would-be Christians.

The main problem in portraying her correctly is that she was only 14 years old

I am partway through adding an English language story to the version

I really would like to see a modern version of the Eulalia comic by one of our skilled renderers.

I am sorry to disappoint you about the saints pubic hair, but it's one of my very poor attempts to de-sanitise the comic, sadly in the original version, Eulalia has the usual modesty coverings. although her story says she was Crucified naked.

Even when told that she would be nailed naked on a cross, she still refused to renounce her beliefs, Eulalia was stripped and executed by crucifixion in public as a warning to other would-be Christians.

The main problem in portraying her correctly is that she was only 14 years old

I am partway through adding an English language story to the version

Stepnash, thanks for 'fessing up. And thanks for the effort to break the pubic hair barrier in medieval woodcuts. This crux fan for one appreciates it.

And although I could puzzle out some of the quatrains, a translation would also be appreciated.

Next, from two artists I'm quite fond of, two pics I'd never seen before.

From 2000, Phlebas shows Eric Idle liking what he sees. He is almost certainly serenading the unspeakably degraded lady with a rousing rendition of "Always Look at the Bright Side of Life."

And in 1998, as the calamitous 20th Century drew to a close, Arcimboldo showed us a scene of squalid civilian payback in a backwater of one of those godawful first half of the century wars.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 788
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 804

From 2000, Phlebas shows Eric Idle liking what he sees. He is almost certainly serenading the unspeakably degraded lady with a rousing rendition of "Always Look at the Bright Side of Life."

And in 1998, as the calamitous 20th Century drew to a close, Arcimboldo showed us a scene of squalid civilian payback in a backwater of one of those godawful first half of the century wars.
Sometimes your fears are your own worst enemy....
staked 163.jpg

Ah yes, that is a very early one of mine, ph013 from October 2000, it predates my putting the file number on the picture. ph016 was the first one to be marked that way.

Here it is from my archive with the correct filename
ph013.jpg

And two more from those early days that fit the criteria of this thread, early 2001
ph018b.jpg ph020.jpg

View attachment 536093 That looks like the dirty work of ...

View attachment 536094 ... Colonel Mustard. Scarlet should have known better than to have rejected his late night amorous advances.
She was fooling around with Professor Plum. Mrs. White is a prude and told Mr. Green to do something. Green owes the Colonel money, and the Colonel knows what Green did to Mrs. Peacock, in the conservatory, with the candlestick.
She was gnashing her teeth too, I expect.

She does look quite surprised to find herself there. :devil:

With any luck she'll soon be enthronged by goodfellows and goodwyfes come to market for to maken merrie.

The observant viewer will note why this pic belongs on Obscene Display. I won't post any more, promise.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 639
She was fooling around with Professor Plum. Mrs. White is a prude and told Mr. Green to do something. Green owes the Colonel money, and the Colonel knows what Green did to Mrs. Peacock, in the conservatory, with the candlestick.
She was gnashing her teeth too, I expect.

wallhaven-41875.jpg Slow down. I was trying to take notes ....

With any luck she'll soon be enthronged by goodfellows and goodwyfes maken merrie.

The observant viewer will note why this pic belongs on Obscene Display. I won't post any more, promise.

00003828.Little.Caprice.jpg I think the guy in the light blue vest down front has a hard on?

Tree is a few Seagram's past noticing...

06c6a18d42f292cd00fdc798eecb4e04.jpg And why should we care?

With any luck she'll soon be enthronged by goodfellows and goodwyfes maken merrie.

Do the Hussle?
:p

:doh:

Back
Top Bottom