Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Real, good pizza is as rare as hen's teeth in Britain, even in Italian pizzerias.. As I said to Bogo just now when he showed me that, yuk - you see what ghastly rubbish gets put on British pizzas! I admit I used to get pizzas from a reasonably good Italian place where I used to live, but since I moved back to the Forest, I don't think I've eaten one (perhaps a slice or two at a buffet). Obesity - malnutrition really - is a real worry in the poor parts of Scotland, people can't afford to feed their kids properly, and naturally the bairns want food that fills them up - lots of sugar and starch.

But we do have some very good beer in Scotland.

The beer sounds good, but I do my best beating with a whip in my left hand and a good slice of New York Style folded up in my right (have to keep them straight, not for hygiene, but pepperoni grease makes it hard not to lose the whip!) for energy and stimulation of more senses!

I'm reconsidering the trip.

Last edited:
I'm reconsidering the trip.
Perhaps we could meet at a house I know, up the Hudson from NYC (plenty of good pizza there) with a built in dungeon and a sweet older couple who would welcome us despite them bickering all the time.Costco-10-1024x972.png

Last edited:
Perhaps we could meet at a house I know, up the Hudson from NYC (plenty of good pizza there) with a built in dungeon and a sweet older couple who would welcome us despite them bickering all the time.View attachment 632638
I've only had New York pizza once and that was a long time ago; but I know many people (mostly New Yorkers, of course) swear it's the best. Turns out its not the pizza or the grease...its the water:
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-d...-New-York-water-Here-s-how-we-know-_172403844

Heard last night on "Mock the Week", the part where the contestants come on one by one and make some humorous comment.
Lady contestant:-
"If you are having difficulty whipping to a stiff peak* - Try gently cupping the balls"
Bom, Bom.
(*Usually meant for egg whites in the making of meringue.)
1539427765458.png

Heard last night on "Mock the Week", the part where the contestants come on one by one and make some humorous comment.
Lady contestant:-
"If you are having difficulty whipping to a stiff peak* - Try gently cupping the balls"
Bom, Bom.
(*Usually meant for egg whites in the making of meringue.)
View attachment 633155
She asked : "Would you like too see my wine rack in my cellar?"
Or at least, that's what I understood, since she meant 'my whine rack'!
Anyway, I was upside down by it!

She asked : "Would you like too see my wine rack in my cellar?"
Or at least, that's what I understood, since she meant 'my whine rack'!
Anyway, I was upside down by it!

Racking ... is a method in wine production of moving wine from one barrel to another using gravity rather than a pump

1539467746239.png

yes, that's the idea...

A very odd video I came across on YouTube - I picture a very civilised gentlemen's club,
The Drones perhaps, Wragg and friends order a carafe of Madeira, settle down in the leather armchairs,
and enjoy an evening with Mozart and some nearly naked ladies! :D

Certainly sounds like a "Divertimento" to me. Who knew classical music was this cultured, eh, what?

Perhaps we could meet at a house I know, up the Hudson from NYC (plenty of good pizza there) with a built in dungeon and a sweet older couple who would welcome us despite them bickering all the time.View attachment 632638
You're very lucky that Barb hasn't seen that crack about "older couple". The bickering is OK though (who wouldn't bicker over her deluge of complaints?).

I've only had New York pizza once and that was a long time ago; but I know many people (mostly New Yorkers, of course) swear it's the best. Turns out its not the pizza or the grease...its the water:
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-d...-New-York-water-Here-s-how-we-know-_172403844
We've got a pizzeria near me that the Brooklynites say is as good or better than the pizza there, though our water comes from near where NYC water does, so who knows?

Vampires

0130.jpg0110.jpgvampire_slayer_____by_blades_123-dawscrf.jpg
gif
vamp.gif

Back
Top Bottom