Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ah, the Immortal!

Literally tipenny is two pence or pennies, indicating cheap. Used about women ( "a tippeny Ann" or "tippeny Jean") a tawdry, rather tarnished-looking woman.

The general message and the tipenny reference brings to mind the English calamity of the Gin Craze in the first half of the 18th century. The government encouraged distillation to prop up grain prices (for the benefit of the wealthy landowners). Cheap gin, (the gin they drank was not the same as we drink today, it was more in the same vein as moonshine, poor quality alcohol mixed with ingredients like turpentine and sulphuric acid that would kill anyone with a weak constitution) caused a disaster in poor urban areas.
English artist William Hogarth in support of what would become the Gin Act produced the print Beer Street and Gin Lane showing the health of beer drinkers compared to Gin
beer-street-and-gin-lane.jpg

The Tie to Burns is the famous sign at the gin cellar, Gin Royal, advertising its wares with the slogan:
Drunk for a penny
Dead drunk for twopence
Clean straw for nothing

Gin Royal, advertising its wares with the slogan:
Drunk for a penny
Dead drunk for twopence
Clean straw for nothing
And for those who chuckle at the follies of the past, it was not too many years ago I saw a sign outside a Bar in Wildwood, NJ:

Thursday Ladies Night, Ladies drink Free!
Guys, we get them drunk, you do the rest!"

And, No, I didn't go in, shy scared lonely person that I was:oops: (still am?:rolleyes:)

They love the feel of a beautiful instrument between their legs

0199the-nude-cellist-chris-maher.jpg0205-the-naked-cellist-chris-maher.jpg500_F_79858430_M3WHzVqSzNMJcryh4HDsErz2Wj5tbJro.jpg37752950.jpg68092161-red-haired-girl-posing-nude-musician-with-cello.jpgimage-17.jpgIMG_2085scsmall.jpgIMG_2057scsmallclr.jpg

Camping sex, now that the season is over ............

Careful where you pee,
tumblr_o2rcyejOkA1u86fkqo1_1280.jpg Some one could be washing! ... tumblr_ockuskMVd81txoviao1_1280.jpg

But you meet Interesting people
tumblr_oyf6t5AyVD1umk4ogo1_400.gif

And get to dance in the open air!
tumblr_p17knwXQgh1u208eyo1_400.gif

And make some new relationships
tumblr_p92vzanBe71v4p6dfo1_540.gif
Close realtionships
tumblr_nmt465Qeh21r67rrko1_400.giftumblr_nsvyztdDia1r67rrko1_500.gif

And have fun with them!
tumblr_oocriaiNPV1teo82xo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Out my back porch:
A cold 68F, 20C
Pine trees are everywhere here. One course is called Whispering Pines.

I said Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines - Ray Charles "Georgia on my Mind" But it looks just the same here in SC! I often watch the moon set behind those trees!

Back
Top Bottom