Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Finally, A wonderful song by the birds
20190514_110609.jpg
And the story of the most successful rice planter in ante-bellum South Carolina.
20190514_115854.jpg
Over 4 million pounds (that's 1.8 million kg. for the measurement challenged) of rice in one year! Almost all exported to Great Britain.

Over 4 million pounds (that's 1.8 million kg. for the measurement challenged) of rice in one year! Almost all exported to Great Britain.

I wonder what we did with it? When I wer a lad, the only carbohydrate eaten at every meal was potato. Rice, and especially pasta, was suspicious, foreign stuff, best left well alone.

Now both, and especially pasta, are eaten by even the most fussy.

I wonder what we did with it? When I wer a lad, the only carbohydrate eaten at every meal was potato. Rice, and especially pasta, was suspicious, foreign stuff, best left well alone.

1850. I doubt even you were around as a lad then.

I grew up in the 50's. Don't recall much rice then either.

I posted a picture of Eve on the Now This Just Isn't Funny thread, and then a modified version without navel, after a comment by Eva Innana.
So I thought, why not post a few more on the theme?

DSC_0012-e1432495576203.jpgsexineden.jpg2ccacc1c5993fcb7e7303371fb947d6c.jpgd1p216m-e7dafd67-d6e0-48e0-adaa-773057689ad7.jpgHugo_Fall.jpgVenus_Verticordia_-_Dante_Rossetti_-_1866.jpgd12jn7l-e3f3fa92-6c08-4107-b397-bcb41ec48d09.jpg169313-bigthumbnail.jpg23586948988_8583413ce0_b.jpgapple-temptation-beautiful-woman-eve-and-snake-young-woman-and-apple-alena-lazareva.jpg

'twere made into rice pud, I guess. Looking as I like to do in old recipe books,
that seems to have been the only use British housewives made of rice.

Finally, A wonderful song by the birds
Well if they've been around a long while, these critters were there before them
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48274090 :eek:

'twere made into rice pud, I guess. Looking as I like to do in old recipe books,
I think rice was popular with the posh. South Carolina rice began replacing inferior Italian rice in GB in the mid 18th Century.

Ah, rice pudding. A southern staple that this unnatural son of Louisiana loathes. :boaa:

It is great with maple syrup on it. That is a New England adaptation.

I’ll take your word for it, but my problem with the rice pudding served in Cajun country was its consistency, the very thought of which my gorge rise to this very day.

Back
Top Bottom