Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Do we have any hopes for this.. piece of.. whatever the hell?
I really liked this movie. No nudity, but it's really creepy and cool, and as good an adaptation as you could hope for a story about an "indescribable color" that turns people crazy. Also, the girl you see performs a witch ritual at the very beginning, dressed in black, in case you were wondering.
Btw, I saw it two weeks after it was released. I was the only one in the theater. It was awesome. I had my phone out the whole time.

I really liked this movie. No nudity, but it's really creepy and cool, and as good an adaptation as you could hope for a story about an "indescribable color" that turns people crazy. Also, the girl you see performs a witch ritual at the very beginning, dressed in black, in case you were wondering.
Btw, I saw it two weeks after it was released. I was the only one in the theater. It was awesome. I had my phone out the whole time.
Yes I remember the story talks about an indescribable colour that nobody on Earth has seen before.. but looks like the film makers were like “Meh, fuck it, magenta will do” :facepalm:
I’ll see if if I get the chance :thumbsup: but I’m not gonna risk movie-theatre-coronavirus for that shit..

Yes I remember the story talks about an indescribable colour that nobody on Earth has seen before.. but looks like the film makers were like “Meh, fuck it, magenta will do” :facepalm:
I’ll see if if I get the chance :thumbsup: but I’m not gonna risk movie-theatre-coronavirus for that shit..
Understandable. I'm rooting for the director, Richard Stanley, who was driven insane by trying to do "Island of Doctor Moreau" saw a documentary about the making of that movie and it was unbelievable. There was a few week stretch where production basically stopped because Val Kilmer wouldn't get out of his trailer until Brando did, and Brando wouldn't get out of his trailer until Kilmer did, but all the extra's still had put on "Animal human hybrid" makeup everyday and wait around all day partying, having sex doing drugs, and basically forgetting they had lives beyond this point. I'm one of my many google docs under "Story ideas" I wanted to do one where there's a big budget Hollywood film shooting in the Caribbean with a lot of extras and the hottest stars, but the extras go insane by the rough conditions they've been put in and end up mutineering and crucifying the lead actress in a sacrifice ritual the screenwriter had made up for the film. It's way down the list, but hope to get to it one day.

Understandable. I'm rooting for the director, Richard Stanley, who was driven insane by trying to do "Island of Doctor Moreau" saw a documentary about the making of that movie and it was unbelievable. There was a few week stretch where production basically stopped because Val Kilmer wouldn't get out of his trailer until Brando did, and Brando wouldn't get out of his trailer until Kilmer did, but all the extra's still had put on "Animal human hybrid" makeup everyday and wait around all day partying, having sex doing drugs, and basically forgetting they had lives beyond this point. I'm one of my many google docs under "Story ideas" I wanted to do one where there's a big budget Hollywood film shooting in the Caribbean with a lot of extras and the hottest stars, but the extras go insane by the rough conditions they've been put in and end up mutineering and crucifying the lead actress in a sacrifice ritual the screenwriter had made up for the film. It's way down the list, but hope to get to it one day.
I saw “Lost in La Mancha” which is a great documentary about Terry Gilliam’s failure to film Don Quixote ..absolutely everything was an epic disaster, as if the production was cursed. Fascinating story.. I’ve heard some of that about The Island of Doctor Moreau too. First rule of movie making, don’t work with Brando... :doh: I bet Nicholas Cage is a handful on set, too

I saw “Lost in La Mancha” which is a great documentary about Terry Gilliam’s failure to film Don Quixote ..absolutely everything was an epic disaster, as if the production was cursed. Fascinating story.. I’ve heard some of that about The Island of Doctor Moreau too. First rule of movie making, don’t work with Brando... :doh: I bet Nicholas Cage is a handful on set, too
The documentary is called Lost Soul. Apparently Kilmer was a real jerk too. Casually tried to burn someones hair during filming.
I was really into Don Quixote when I was about 12, so when my mom saw there was a movie of it coming out she took me, which I was grateful for. Took us a solid hour to realize that the documentary we thought was being played for the movie was the movie. I need to go back and watch that. I love Gilliam, even though he's my second favorite Python named Terry.
Apparently Cage is a professional, and his craziness comes from the fact that he doesn't think that realistic portrayals of characters should be the dominant mode of acting, which is cool.
And appreciate the interest, but I am a procrastinator

The documentary is called Lost Soul. Apparently Kilmer was a real jerk too. Casually tried to burn someones hair during filming.
I was really into Don Quixote when I was about 12, so when my mom saw there was a movie of it coming out she took me, which I was grateful for. Took us a solid hour to realize that the documentary we thought was being played for the movie was the movie. I need to go back and watch that. I love Gilliam, even though he's my second favorite Python named Terry.
Apparently Cage is a professional, and his craziness comes from the fact that he doesn't think that realistic portrayals of characters should be the dominant mode of acting, which is cool.
And appreciate the interest, but I am a procrastinator
You probably saw this already.. looks like Terry Gilliam finally got there

but looks like the film makers were like “Meh, fuck it, magenta will do”
most Lovecraftian stories with all the nameless this and incomprehensible that are probably especially hard to visualize directly ... 'show the monster' and the story is pretty much dead (and anyway modern horror flicks seem to consist mostly of visual & sonic startling) ...
the extras go insane by the rough conditions they've been put in and end up mutineering and crucifying the lead actress in a sacrifice ritual
... a twist on the plot ... given on the one hand that Hollywood has mostly been doing remakes, sequels, and ransacking whatever intellectual property they can scavenge, and the continuing subcultural fascination that Lovecraftian stories hold ...

... at some point a really big budget Lovecraft adapation gets approved.

The director is smart enough to understand the problem of 'showing the monster' and with a half billion bucks of budget and five years of development time, he decides for a different type of casting.... "what if I spend the first hundred millon dollars on building an actual Cthulhu cult, instead of hiring a big name?" ... instead of casting for a film he recruits for a cult, instead of having actors rehearse the script he tasks them with building a dark religion (tell them it's a socio-psychological experiment, takes just a million to found a fake university)

In the moment of his death he realizes he's succeeded, far better (or worse) than he hoped for!

All of this is a bit of a problem for the studio, they hire Blackwater and the Wagner Group and together they manage to get the cult island thing under control ... but that consumes the rest of the budget.

To recoup costs, and be able to pay out hush money to all the families whose loved ones aren't coming back from their attempt to start a career in Hollywood (because their souls are screaming in R'lyeh) ... the studio cuts something together from the existing material, drone shots, and bodycam footage from the mercenaries, passing it off ironically as something like Blair Witch Project.

It becomes a viral hit, as it turns quite literally ... the filmed sequences contain just enough of the rediscovered ritual that a significant portion of the cinema audiences degenerate into minions of Cthulhu ... with an incubation time of four weeks ...

most Lovecraftian stories with all the nameless this and incomprehensible that are probably especially hard to visualize directly ... 'show the monster' and the story is pretty much dead (and anyway modern horror flicks seem to consist mostly of visual & sonic startling) ...

... a twist on the plot ... given on the one hand that Hollywood has mostly been doing remakes, sequels, and ransacking whatever intellectual property they can scavenge, and the continuing subcultural fascination that Lovecraftian stories hold ...

... at some point a really big budget Lovecraft adapation gets approved.

The director is smart enough to understand the problem of 'showing the monster' and with a half billion bucks of budget and five years of development time, he decides for a different type of casting.... "what if I spend the first hundred millon dollars on building an actual Cthulhu cult, instead of hiring a big name?" ... instead of casting for a film he recruits for a cult, instead of having actors rehearse the script he tasks them with building a dark religion (tell them it's a socio-psychological experiment, takes just a million to found a fake university)

In the moment of his death he realizes he's succeeded, far better (or worse) than he hoped for!

All of this is a bit of a problem for the studio, they hire Blackwater and the Wagner Group and together they manage to get the cult island thing under control ... but that consumes the rest of the budget.

To recoup costs, and be able to pay out hush money to all the families whose loved ones aren't coming back from their attempt to start a career in Hollywood (because their souls are screaming in R'lyeh) ... the studio cuts something together from the existing material, drone shots, and bodycam footage from the mercenaries, passing it off ironically as something like Blair Witch Project.

It becomes a viral hit, as it turns quite literally ... the filmed sequences contain just enough of the rediscovered ritual that a significant portion of the cinema audiences degenerate into minions of Cthulhu ... with an incubation time of four weeks ...
That is very Cosmic. The government Hush up, like shadow over Innismouth, is a nice touch.

don't let Barb borrow it! :eek:
It is a plane, I am sure she will deliver it to the airfield safe and well. Possibly after a slight detour via the Russian front but hey :D
Or she’ll disappear somewhere over the Bahamas, having failed in her bid to become the first woman to cross the Pacific without complaining.. leaving everyone scratching their heads over “The Mystery of Barbara Moorehart” :confused:
(Spoiler alert: Barb landed safely on a tight little island, and spent years teaching the natives the art of tumescence. The island is still named after her to this day: Barbados. )
She'd prefer a P-51 Mustang.... ;) ;) :p
(Oops...incoming demerits !!)
When the demerits come, you still can shout :
"I have a Messerschmitt on my tail!":D
"What really made it catch on was when the babe offered to be the Barb-eque.

Better late than never.

Don’t know how I missed all of these ...

:spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank:

If you've had enough of the politics, you could look for some "relief"
View attachment 831146View attachment 831147
A real movie

Back
Top Bottom