Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com

Evaluation by the analysts:

Key strengths of the Cthulhu campaign are competence and consistency.

Cthulhu gets things done and there's no pandering to anyone and no flip-flopping on the issues.

Speeches are sometimes hard to follow but at least free of gaffes.

Nevertheless its nowhere clear that Cthulhu will succeed against the unconventional campaign of his main competitor, who is mostly relying on converting the masses with an impressive viral messaging campaign.

2020 will see a tight run-off between Cthulhu and Corona-Chan, with the latter likely to win the popular vote.
coronachan.jpgddp5ejt-c7a2cc85-763a-4024-b3f8-b2c6738c51dd.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

Something for womens' day ... not going to be popular with everyone here ... :D (and not an endorsement of every aspect of her policies)

"They dont' ... they don't seem to make any ...uhm ... concession to the fact that you're ...
... you're a woman ..."
"No, why should they, and I don't make any concession to the fact that they are men ...
but they need it sometimes..."
View attachment Margaret Thatcher, brilliant as always Why should they I dont make any concession to the fact ...mp4

Something for womens' day ... not going to be popular with everyone here ... :D (and not an endorsement of every aspect of her policies)

"They dont' ... they don't seem to make any ...uhm ... concession to the fact that you're ...
... you're a woman ..."
"No, why should they, and I don't make any concession to the fact that they are men ...
but they need it sometimes..."

Love her or loathe her, she was a strong and capable woman who had a vision of what she thought was right for the country and worked towards it. Today's rabble are short term, self centered, mediocre non entities by comparison, who can't see beyond their own narcisistic needs, and pursue policies they often don't even believe in for short term personal gain. This seems to be the case everywhere.

Love her or loathe her, she was a strong and capable woman who had a vision of what she thought was right for the country and worked towards it. Today's rabble are short term, self centered, mediocre non entities by comparison, who can't see beyond their own narcisistic needs, and pursue policies they often don't even believe in for short term personal gain. This seems to be the case everywhere.
Isn't the philosophy of Neo-liberalism, which she espoused, that everyone pursuing narcissistic self-centered goals will solve all social economic problems? Seems like they are listening.

Isn't the philosophy of Neo-liberalism, which she espoused, that everyone pursuing narcissistic self-centered goals will solve all social economic problems? Seems like they are listening.

It is a point and a sad sign of the victory of rhetoric over reality checking. Thatcher said a lot but she also worked hard on the downlow to make things work even when that meant pursuing measures that compromised her ideology. She did a lot of damage but it was mitigated by an understanding that a certain continuity is not a bad thing.

It is a point and a sad sign of the victory of rhetoric over reality checking. Thatcher said a lot but she also worked hard on the downlow to make things work even when that meant pursuing measures that compromised her ideology. She did a lot of damage but it was mitigated by an understanding that a certain continuity is not a bad thing.
I'll trust. Most of what I know about her comes from studying Reagan, but there's a political squirrel hole that we're about to fall into.

"They dont' ... they don't seem to make any ...uhm ... concession to the fact that you're ... ... you're a woman ...""No, why should they, and I don't make any concession to the fact that they are men ...but they need it sometimes..."
One of Thatcher's iconic lines is : "there is no such thing as a society, there are only individuals". Curiously among her greatest supporters today are neo-liberal nationalists, who meanwhile embrace and promote the collectivism of national identity over individualism.:confused:

"there is no such thing as a society, there are only individuals"
Well that is of course a ridiculously reductionist ideological statement, probably made for purpose of provocation.
It's obvious that humans are genetically patterned to be a social species. Or so created by God if one prefers.

Anyway one of my favorite lines (which is of course not iconic) is 'the only free market is a regulated one' so in that aspect I'd be in head-on disagreement with what's generally received as 'Thatcherism'. Her reply to the question about 'making concessions for the fact she's a woman' is despite all ideological differences still admirable...

Well that is of course a ridiculously reductionist ideological statement, probably made for purpose of provocation.
It's obvious that humans are genetically patterned to be a social species. Or so created by God if one prefers.

Anyway one of my favorite lines (which is of course not iconic) is 'the only free market is a regulated one' so in that aspect I'd be in head-on disagreement with what's generally received as 'Thatcherism'. Her reply to the question about 'making concessions for the fact she's a woman' is despite all ideological differences still admirable...
Didn't mean to beat a dead politician. It is pretty admirable that in a world that is still dominated by men, she has been one of the most powerful figures in modern politics. And my favorite quote of hers "Economics are the method. The object is to change the soul" can be applied to slave acquiring and training.

Anyways, anyone feel like joining me for "Masque of the Red Death" animation?

Here's my second Aircraft, from the Victoria Cross set....
( I mentioned this one earlier,as I was making it,consider it done....)

Fairey Battle I PH
K
N° 12 Sqn R.A.F.
Assigned to the AASF/BEF,France,May 12 1940.
Sent to attack the Albert Bridge,Maastricht.
(Shot down,by Flak,& Fighters)
Pilot Flt/Officer Donald Garland V.C. K.I.A.
Radio Operater/Aimer Sgt Thomas Gray V.C. K.I.A
Gunner L.A.C Lawrence Reynolds. K.I.A
RIP .

20200311_234123.jpg20200311_234233.jpg20200305_162058.jpg
Plus the sole surviving example,housed at RAF museum Hendon.

The target Garland and his crew attacked, and hit, but failed to destroy :
veldwezelt.jpg
Actually it is the Veldwezelt Bridge over the Albert Canal, in Belgium.
(Maastricht lays in the Netherlands, just across the border, which passes likely just behind the photographer's back.).

The Albert Canal was dug in the 1930's to link the coalfields in Liège and the Campine with the port of Antwerp.
It was also intended as an anti-tank moat, and it was strongly fortified (see the bunker in the back). But the German captured two bridges intact, what allowed them to invade Belgium, despite strong resistance.

Here's my second Aircraft, from the Victoria Cross set....
( I mentioned this one earlier,as I was making it,consider it done....)

Fairey Battle I PH
K
N° 12 Sqn R.A.F.
Assigned to the AASF/BEF,France,May 12 1940.
RIP .

View attachment 834293View attachment 834294View attachment 834295
Plus the sole surviving example,housed at RAF museum Hendon.
Slow, poorly armed and already obsolete by 1939; they were thrown into combat because there weren't any better options.
I don't understand why the rear gunner didn't get the VC too. Did the RAF think he was just a passenger?

Slow, poorly armed and already obsolete by 1939; they were thrown into combat because there weren't any better options.
I don't understand why the rear gunner didn't get the VC too. Did the RAF think he was just a passenger?
Probably because he wasn`t an officer. Ironically, the Victoria Cross was the one medal which could be awarded to all ranks, whereas the Military Cross was for officers and the Military Medal was for other ranks. This remained the case until late into the 20th century.

Back
Top Bottom