Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Steve Wright

He died yesterday. A great shock. He entertained us for decades on British radio. RIP.
I used to listen to his afternoon show in the 80s. Always a ton of fun with the afternoon boys, Gervais and all his other funny characters.

Get the geese off! :D

RIP Steve...

Most of the world will little note nor long remember William Post, the guy who invented these.

View attachment 1432126

The EU won’t anyway, they're banned there. And full disclosure, I lost my taste for the things most of a lifetime ago. But by all accounts Bill Post was a mensch, an all around nice guy. He’s passed on at 96.

I can honestly say that I never ate one, and strangely enough I'm sort of proud of that. I've always been a bit skeptical of uneccessary food items that are invented, then advertised as the greatest thing sliced bread. :buenrollo:

I can honestly say that I never ate one, and strangely enough I'm sort of proud of that. I've always been a bit skeptical of uneccessary food items that are invented, then advertised as the greatest thing sliced bread. :buenrollo:
I don't even eat sliced bread. :rolleyes:

Apart from that, I only eat bread from the artisan bakery or my homemade bread made with sourdough. However, sometimes I don't feel like baking. I don't like sliced industrial bread.

We seemed to have missed the passing of former NASA astronaut Frank Borman (1928-2023) on November 7th last year.
Selected in the 2nd astronaut group he flew with Jim Lovell in Gemini 7 in November 1965. The mission lasted 14 days and was intended to investigate problems related to such long duration flights. On day eleven, they had a orbital rendez-vous with the later launched Gemini 6 (Schirra and Stafford).
Borman remains the best known as commander of Apollo 8 in December 1968, the first manned mission to orbit the moon, again with Lovell and with Bill Anders. Before Borman's death, Apollo 8 was the last mission of the Apollo program of which all astronauts were still alive.

Back
Top Bottom