Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
What do the figures look like if you include the "Catholic-Lites" (Lutherans and Episcopalians) in w/ the "true" Catholics?? My gut tells me that the real dividing line is "high liturgical" versus "low liturgical" or "non liturgical." I eagerly await your reply. . .

I was born and raised as a Calvinist which should put the balance to 16/15 with the catholics still in lead. There is certainly no catholic dominance regarding our mutual deviation about crucifixion. The comparertatively strict teachings of Calvin have in fact called for severe adjustments in my personal live and phantasies obout female crucifixions are definitely one way to cope. Therfor hardheaded and blackhatted protestants would feel quite misunderstood if the term "catholics light" should be applied to them.
Talleyrant

Re: Another Papist

kwarner722 said:
I too was raised Catholic and attended 12 years of Catholic Schooling....lots of nun memories, espscially Sister Mike Tyson...she was tough!
Most of them i remember thhe rulers on my hands

Me too. But quit back in the 60s.
And don't forget crucifixion went on long before there was a catholic church. Constantine made it illegal when he joined the church.
:)

helmut said:
And don't forget crucifixion went on long before there was a catholic church. Constantine made it illegal when he joined the church.
:)

It's just that the Church has as its central image a vaguely effeminate, mostly naked guy nailed to a cross. And I don't know about you, but the representations thereof I grew up with stressed a fairly graphic realism.

Further, in the books I read starting in grade school it seems that every single female martyr died not just for her faith but also to preserve her "purity." The demonization of all but reproductive sex has deep roots in the Church, and even making babies is still considered a necessary evil.

I'm not a psychiatrist, and I don't play one on television. But I still think the combination of the mostly naked guy and the glorification of sexual repression helped generate quite a few kinky personalities.

Some folks, me among them, have speculated there are a number of shrinks having a field day here and on other fourms.

If so, speak up guys. I'm interested in professional opinions.

Yes. I was raised Catholic during the time young nuns stopped wearing habits, opting for mini-skirts instead. I think that's where my facination grew from.

HammerTime said:
Yes. I was raised Catholic during the time young nuns stopped wearing habits, opting for mini-skirts instead. I think that's where my facination grew from.

Like these?

http://www.phillyburbs.com/ladiescostumes/nun.shtml

I can see how such would absolutely rivet the attention of appropriately oriented pubescent boys and girls. From here to fantasizing them nailed naked to crosses is a natural progression. ;-)

Alas, the nuns at my old parochial school only went as far as modest midi skirts, although I do recall Sister A., who taught 9th grade English, was amazingly hot.

Apostate wrote: ...I still think that the combination of the mostly naked guy and the glorification of sexual repression helped to generate quite a few kinky personalities.

Well, don`t forget that violence and (sexual) repression have been central aspects of christianity beginning with the old testament via the crucifixion of Christ, the inquisition which was first directed against new teachings and later degenerated into witch hunts all over Europe, the crusades etc.
A crucified man seems a fitting trademark regarding this historical record.
Since we are spoonfed with this history from early youth on a certain quota of kinky personalities are to be expected.

But is it disturbing to be one of them? I am not worried!

lovecraft said:
Since we are spoonfed with this history from early youth on a certain quota of kinky personalities are to be expected.

But is it disturbing to be one of them? I am not worried!

Nor am I, Lovecraft, probably because I woke up to this kink in middle age, and many years after I sent my resignation to the Vatican. I skipped the anxiety and guilt phases thereby.

Nor should anybody worry about this kink, however it was summoned up within them. As fetishes go, it's rather on the mild side.

Moderation is beyond my power, Shannon. I was able to delete his his ass, or asses in this case.

But this is troubling. This thread has been getting occasional spam, but this was a spam attack, and I don't know how to block the "members" posting them.

For those just tuning in, Shannon and I are talking about five consecutive spam advertisements posted here, since consigned to the missing mass of the universe.

Attachments

• public shiting_text.jpg
    public shiting_text.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 95
I've stood by here and read this drivel for the past week. . .Now, it's time to simply say, "Fuck you!!!". . .and "Leave us alone, you moron!!"

Flavius, I suspect cussing the culprit won't do a bit of good. This isn't a human, but malicious software that's targeted this thread.

One keyboard click, a million messages.

I must contact Makar and Image Maker.

I found this thread and thought it was interesting.

I was raised Catholic-- the whole schtick. Eight years of parochial grade school with nuns (back in those days, they wore "penguin suits" -- full habits), and four years at an all-boys Catholic high school with Franciscan friars where you had to take 4 years of Latin if you were in the honors program (and all I can remember, after those four years, is a proverb that says "A live dog is better than a dead lion."). I was an altar boy through high school and also sang in the choir.

Then I went to college and discovered GIRLS, and I was lost! It was the end of the '60's and the beginning of the '70's, and in short order I became a long-haired hippie musician (still play semiprofessionally today, 37 years later). I learned how to LIVE!

As far as the crux fascination goes, I think the sadism of the nuns affected me. When I was in the second grade, I watched a nun terrorize a boy for over and hour. He was acting up, and she said she was going to cut off his fingers once he found the scissors that were supposed to be in this junk drawer (they weren't). After the kid howled and screamed in terror rummaging through the drawer for an hour (and pissed in his pants), she told him to sit down and behave and she'd let it slide.

We never saw the kid again.

And sadly, this was not an isolated incident. Crap like that happened all the time.

My own crux fascination is pure fantasy. I release my aggression in the safety valve of crux stories I write based in the Roman Empire, a "safe" time because it's history-- no one could possibly be that brutal today (ha-ha!). In real life I'm a gentle soul who wouldn't harm a fly. I have no desire to put anyone on a cross, and I SURE as Hell don't want to be on one myself!

QV, you remind me of Sister Evil.

That wasn't her name, of course. But she was thoroughly feared by the elementary school kids at my parochial school.

I never had her as a teacher, which is compelling evidence that there is a God. But I was in the adjacent classroom, and through the wall we could hear her screaming at her pupils.

One day a nine-year-old girl jumped out the classroom window and ran home to escape her.

Sister Evil vanished. I mean the next damn day. We never heard about her again.

Sometimes the Church paid attention. Sometmes it didn't.

Make of this what you will.

On another tangent, I still think a Faith which has a mostly naked guy nailed to a cross as its central image should get used to crux fetishists.

Yup I was raised as a Catholic, and still am quite devout to this day. Attended all-girls Catholic schools for 12 years.

It's strange, seeing males on the cross does not do anything for me at all, I go to church weekly and am not turned on by the image of Christ crucified. I do remember being fascinated by the crucifixion when I was in grade 7 or about that time. I remember the teacher in class asking us all to spread out our arms and imagine being nailed to a cross, then putting our feet together and imagining a spike going through our feet. That is my first memory of being turned on by a crucifixion.

I wear a cross as a sign of my faith, yet seeing another woman on a cross arouses me. Strange indeed.

not at all

anna_smith said:
Yup I was raised as a Catholic, and still am quite devout to this day. Attended all-girls Catholic schools for 12 years.

It's strange, seeing males on the cross does not do anything for me at all, I go to church weekly and am not turned on by the image of Christ crucified. I do remember being fascinated by the crucifixion when I was in grade 7 or about that time. I remember the teacher in class asking us all to spread out our arms and imagine being nailed to a cross, then putting our feet together and imagining a spike going through our feet. That is my first memory of being turned on by a crucifixion.

I wear a cross as a sign of my faith, yet seeing another woman on a cross arouses me. Strange indeed.
Strange ? Why

I hope it is not to late to respond to this poll.

Anyway, YES.

Now that that's out of the way, Let me add that my spirituality is aching for something that doesn't involve the annoying manacle of "religion". Religion seems to take all the spirituality out of it for me. What's that about being "apostate"?

I think I agree with Frank Zappa. My "religion" is musician.

Back
Top Bottom