Proofreaders?

Go to CruxDreams.com

Luises

Assistant executioner
As you may know, my mother tongue is Spanish. When writing in English, I try my best to produce the best prose I can, but I'm always a step (or several!) under native speakers. I manage to construct syntactically correct text and avoid common problems, such as cacophonies. But it's the bare minimum I consider a writer should meet. In fact, after publishing my first story here, Family Woes, I found my writing to be of even worse quality that I'd have thought. Many replies pointed to mistakes in the text, some of them glaring, and no doubt there were more faults. I aspire to do my best when writing for Crux Forums. I need to be a better myself, so to say. And to do that, I'd like to ask for your help.

I have a few cross and torture stories already written in Spanish that I can rewrite into English, and interesting ideas for (at the moment) a couple new ones. And I think it would be a good idea to let some of you read, review and even criticize them in private, giving me a chance to polish them before publishing in the open.

The question is twofold:

1) Is anybody interested in helping me? You would gain early access to my texts, maybe be a witness of the creative process (for me it certainly would be a bonus!) and, of course, obtain the due credits when I publish the final version.

2) How and where can we do it? A private conversation comes to mind, but I'm "new" to the forum, and there may be a better tool. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this were a common need that had already been addressed.

... 1) Is anybody interested in helping me? You would gain early access to my texts, maybe be a witness of the creative process (for me it certainly would be a bonus!) and, of course, obtain the due credits when I publish the final version...
I can try to help you: I'm French but I'm here for 11years ago and , like I post much work, my English is improving more and more , I think :D ...
PM me one of your text and I coul see if I can be a good help for you ... or not ...

Last edited:
PM would be indeed be fine, I'll be happy to proofread especially the crux stories ;)

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this were a common need that had already been addressed.
Indeed, it's a job I've done for the past 12 years here - and made good friends and learnt quite a lot of French, German, Italian (especially) and Spanish too. But it's great to see others volunteering, I think it's one of the loveliest things about the Forums, bringing together people from different countries and sharing our kinks in lots of languages, even if the final version has to be in ENglish!

Back
Top Bottom