Go to CruxDreams.com
one by one, we're told with a simple tap of the stick on the bum,
time for you to strip - oh yes, the men may keep a loincloth,
but women, young women like us, we must be naked -
it feels right. A slave brings my cross, I don't have to carry it,
they want me to be fit and fresh so I dance for them
lithe and lively for a good long time. This is my place,
this is where I take my turn to be tortured - sit down,
lie back, arms spread, legs flexed and ready....
So unfair! I want to be naked and exposed too...! Please reconsider..

Gabriel Roman arena 154.1-.jpg

Waiting for the first lash....

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG...hung by the hair like that .... so hard to imagine!!! :eek::eek:
More uncomfortable than I think I would like. Please tie me by the wrists instead, if you could...
hmmm... having our hair pulled is the first experience most little girls get of being 'tortured' by boys,
and of course I screamed - but when, around puberty, I began to find pain curiously 'interesting',
and then began to fantasise, being tugged along by my hair became a part of my 'mental cinema'.
Stories of martyrs like Theonilla (and there are several, it was of course an obvioius and convenient way
to hang up a woman and torture her) excited me. I think I can imagine it, it would certainly be very painful,
and not much of an erotic experience. But, as with so much in this weird world, I find it terrifying, repellent,
yet strangely attractive...

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm... having our hair pulled is the first experience most little girls get of being 'tortured' by boys,
and of course I screamed - but when, around puberty, I began to find pain curiously 'interesting',
and then began to fantasise, being tugged along by my hair became a part of my 'mental cinema'.
Stories of martyrs like Theonilla (and there are several, it was of course an obvioius and convenient way
to hang up a woman and torture her) excited me. I think I can imagine it, it would certainly be very painful,
and not much of an erotic experience. But, as with so much in this weird world, I find it terrifying, repellent,
yet strangely attractive...
You tempt me with memories....

View attachment 319245

Of the Last Method: Hanging Christian Women by their Hair

Evidence of this manner of torture is found in many Histories of the Holy Martyrs; we encounter it in the account of the passion of St. Eulampia, St. Juliana, virgin and martyr, as well as Saints Theonilla, Euphemia, and lastly, St. Symphorosa.

http://www.boston-catholic-journal....res-and-torments-of-the-christian-martyrs.pdf
That 'Tortures and Torments' is a splendid resource,
a real encyclopaedia of interesting ways of torturing martyrs :devil:

Here's one who doesn't make it (yet) into many of the lists as she's only Blessed, not Saint,
but she's relatively recent history, the story is quite likely to be true:

Blessed Susanna Chobyoe [otherwise Cobioje, Kobioje, Coboio]
Born c.1594 in Kuchinotsu, Japan
Married to Blessed Petrus Araki Chobyoe.

Japanese authorities tried to shame her out of her faith
by hanging her naked by her hair in a tree for eight hours;
it didn’t work. She was imprisoned,
and beheaded six months later, on 12 July 1626 at Nagasaki.

Beatified 1867.

Last edited:
CATHERINE OF ALEXANDRIA

Catherine was the daughter of Constus, the governor of Alexandrian Egypt during the reign of the emperor Maximian (305–313). From a young age she had devoted herself to study. A vision of the Madonna and Child persuaded her to become a Christian. When the persecutions began under Maxentius, she went to the emperor and rebuked him for his cruelty. The emperor summoned fifty of the best pagan philosophers and orators to dispute with her, hoping that they would refute her pro-Christian arguments, but Catherine won the debate. Several of her adversaries, conquered by her eloquence, declared themselves Christians and were at once put to death. Catherine was then imprisoned, during which time she hasd to suffer various forms of torture: scourges, pliers and hot irons were used. Upon the failure of Maxentius to make Catherine yield by way of torture, he tried to win the beautiful and wise princess over by proposing marriage. The saint refused, declaring that her spouse was Jesus Christ, to whom she had consecrated her virginity. The furious emperor condemned Catherine to death on a spiked breaking wheel.

Caterina 011.jpg Caterina 012.jpg Caterina 013.jpg Caterina 014.jpg Caterina 015.jpg Caterina 016.jpg Caterina 017.jpg Caterina 018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom