Recent Trip With Husband

Go to CruxDreams.com
I did always wonder if during Easter they did the stations of the cross or a passion play.
That would certainly attract a congregation.

But today (Sept 8th) is the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary -
might be a bit more difficult? :p

I used to really enjoy the passions in church. I'm embarrassed to say how much they turned me on. They were long, but I would love to imagine being there at each station of the cross. By the time they got to the stripping, I was so turned on by the description. I was raised Catholic and they would say right out in the readings at the stations in church, that Jesus was stripped naked and stood naked and ashamed. It would fascinate me as a child and it still does now.

I too was raised Catholic and would love to attend the stations of the cross as a young man. I would love to walk from station to station and listen to the vivid descriptions from trial to crucifixion.

My church never put on a passion play, but I remember going to a passionist retreat house and their whole religious order of monks was founded and focused on the Passion of Christ. They had realisitic statues of each station that still stand out in my mind. None of them were full nudes, but several were close to it that left little to the imagination.

Last edited:
I just found this one in my quest for the perfect passion play. I remember this as a little girl. It was on a Christmas album cover that my father had. Needless to say, I remember spending hours looking at this not believing how "almost nude" Christ was. Another artist stirring the imagination.

Crucifixion Jan_van_Eyck_-_Diptych_-_WGA07587.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been searching the web looking for a realistic Passion Play and this one looked pretty good. Unfortunately it's in south americaView attachment 417788
I like the angle of the shot. The view from the base of the cross with the crowd looking up at the victim. Nothing but the bare legs, leaving to the imagination, what is the victim wearing? Or not. Do you have any others?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom