Renders And Art Featuring Crux Forum Members

Go to CruxDreams.com
Our ancestors saw a beautiful horse or a bison, a beautiful rose or sunset & wanted to ' remember ' them, especially during wintering in the caves. So the artistic inclined started to paint them on the cave walls, hence the start of the evolution of art ....
And when they saw a beautiful woman,
this was who they saw -

venus-of-willendorf.jpg

(sorry, still flogging the fat slave girl - but we're getting back on track...)

Yes, the contrast between the fragile girl and the hefty brute heading to deal with her
'restores the balance' :D
Indeed........ need more BUM's too ......... Big Ugly Men

Yes nothing like a big hefty brute, I'm imagining a scene with Barbaria being flogged by one and she screams "Nooooooo......I'm not a rebel....." and the Brute goes "Hodor ?" and continues the whipping

Cheers

What is the world's most beautiful ART FORM of a woman ? Venus !
What is the most admired smile in ART WORLD ? Mona Lisa !
I don't see any fat women in the " most celebrated " art pieces with probably only one or two exceptions in a million.
I rest my case.
no offense man, you have an opinion that's fine. but you you completely missed the point of my statement. you are describing beauty as a set standard when it is actually a subjective perception. now I'm in your boat, when you say you prefer body forms such a Venus as your standard of beauty, but to say all demonstrations of beauty in art should be up to that standard is folly. and as said before and will say again: Art is not solely an expression of beauty! and even then it is still extremely subjective to the artist's views. Art is the artist expressing his perception of the world through his canvas. look, I'm as interested in seeing a "beautiful" woman as you are, just don't use silly explanations to why "art should have this and that becuase.." art can be whatever the hell it wants to be as long as it has Meaning, effort, and creativity ( my personal standards). peace man, have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually , the reason why Art is basically a demonstration of beauty is very simple. Our ancestors saw a beautiful horse or a bison, a beautiful rose or sunset & wanted to ' remember ' them, especially during wintering in the caves. So the artistic inclined started to paint them on the cave walls, hence the start of the evolution of art ....
Fair enough, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or artist.

This is also art:
d6105ca2a0f2abb6c96cfb4339897da2.jpg

And so is this:
alg-freud-jpg.jpg

You may not find the second one beautiful, but someone does. Fat Woman Nude by British artist Lucian Freud sold at Christies for $33 million. :cool::D

As to the Mona Lisa's smile, I personally think I've seen better :oops:, but I would never say that it isn't art, or that it isn't a representation of beauty. It is a very nice smile.

Back
Top Bottom