Road Side Crucifixion II

Go to CruxDreams.com

3DFranco

Spectator
On the website of the ‘BIBLICAL ARCHAEOLOGY SOCIETY’ I found an article, suggesting that Titus, to crush the Jewish rebellion, crucified 500 Jews per day, outside Jerusalem, over a period of several month. Assuming that ‘several’ means at least three, I find this story hard to believe. With an estimated population of 20000 to 50000 at the time, the entire city population would have been wiped out.

Anyway: here’s my idea how it may have looked like.

BTW: I think it was mp5stab 'complained'
;)
that I don't post enough. I try to make it up to him by posting a larger pic with several cruxes at once. :Laie_22mini:

Uuups! Unfortunately I had to upload the pic in a lower quality. The original version was rejected because it is too large. :( Hope, you'll still enjoy it!

Attachments

• Road Side Crucifixion II v2.jpg
    Road Side Crucifixion II v2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,146
With an estimated population of 20000 to 50000 at the time, the entire city population would have been wiped out.
That was standard roman practice. After a revolt was put down, the population of the area was eliminated either by selling them into slavery or simple massacre, after which a new population of romans or their allies would be moved in.

Titus' approach was unusual only in that he considered terrifying nearby potential trouble spots into submission more valuable than the profit he could have made by selling all these judaeans.

500 a day is actually somewhat reasonably plausible. I don’t see any reason why that couldn’t be a rough estimate of a well equipped army conducting round the clock executions.

And then you so much for posting this wonderful image. So many details to enjoy. The girls stumbling with their patibuli, the one sucking on the sponge, the fact that it is a pov. This is such a great render; you do mass crux so well! If you are going to post the higher resolution somewhere, let me know! I’d love to take a long look at it :rolleyes:

I suppose he imported prisoners from the smaller towns and the countryside. Anyway, this historical texts were often exaggerated by the authors, or the persons copying the texts generations later, more about propaganda or telling a beautiful story than about bringing the news as it truely happened.

On the website of the ‘BIBLICAL ARCHAEOLOGY SOCIETY’ I found an article, suggesting that Titus, to crush the Jewish rebellion, crucified 500 Jews per day, outside Jerusalem, over a period of several month. Assuming that ‘several’ means at least three, I find this story hard to believe. With an estimated population of 20000 to 50000 at the time, the entire city population would have been wiped out.
The Jewish–Roman wars were notoriously bloody, the (almost) unstoppable force meeting the stiff-necked subjects. I think most historians suppose that Jerusalem did lose most of its pre-war population to internal conflict, famine, fighting against Titus' legions, enslavement -- and, well, to this.

The chronicles (by Josephus) mention 'up to 500 per day', so, rather a maximum than a constant daily rate.:icon_writing:
The victims were inhabitants who had tried to flee the besieged city and got caught by the Romans.

The picture is well done! A dramatic scene, from the viewpoint of one of the crucified victims. :thumbsup:

;)
that I don't post enough. I try to make it up to him by posting a larger pic with several cruxes at once. :Laie_22mini:

Uuups! Unfortunately I had to upload the pic in a lower quality. The original version was rejected because it is too large. :( Hope, you'll still enjoy it!
A superb picture! Is there any way you could insert the full-quality version from an external hosting site?

;)

Thank you so much for posting it. Quite a scene and so many details to discover.

;)

Beautiful work!!! Amazing!!! I love it. I'm really sorry the quality is low. I really want to see all the details. How do you get the best quality picture possible? Thank you so much!!!

Wow. Let's see an AI engine try to create that from scratch!
Mixed crux, nails, carrion birds, burning sun, personal mini stories (glances, pathos, despair),
and to top it off it's a POV setting. You can put yourself in this scene, feel the blood run down your arm, the insects on your flesh . . . . .

Wow. Let's see an AI engine try to create that from scratch!
Mixed crux, nails, carrion birds, burning sun, personal mini stories (glances, pathos, despair),
and to top it off it's a POV setting. You can put yourself in this scene, feel the blood run down your arm, the insects on your flesh . . . . .
That's really erotic!!

;)

Of course your work made my evil fantasies get into gear...the Romans finish crucifying the remaining rebels. Consul Gaius asks the quartermaster, "How is our supply of nails holding out?" The quartermaster smiles, "Not to worry Consul, we still have plenty..at least 200 left."
"Good. I see all of their feet have been bound in place. We will start at that end and nail every ankle to the stipes. All of these rebel scum can enjoy the nailers working their way towards them."
The quartermaster laughs..."Yes Consul. It will be quite a concert of screaming and agony. I look forward to it."

OMG!!!!.
I try and step away from my darkness and I see this Fuckin thing!!!

Absolutely Epic!!!

Can you do us a favour ?
Of all the victims this one gets me hot the mostest

Screenshot_20240130_064541_Chrome.jpg

She's dead , in my mind...I dunno maybe she had asthma or something ..
Anyway within minutes of her bieng lifted into place she fuckin dies...job done.
The guard next to her is going "fuck sake! I was enjoying her!"
Anyway could you do separate render of her? Please
I need to see her dead body when I can't sleep :)

Last edited by a moderator:

;)

Great picture. Create more! Respect to the author!

All these historical fantasies about many crucified people are nothing more than fiction. The Romans did not have so many crosses, carpenters and nails. Crucifixion is a very labor-intensive and resource-intensive execution and is complex and inconvenient for CONSTANT mass use. There are simpler and cheaper ways to kill a lot of people.

Even in the picture under discussion it is clear that there is desert and mountains around and not a single tree. I have a question: where does each condemned person get a 3-meter cross? Where do they get so much wood from? Where is the team of experienced carpenters?

Back
Top Bottom