Skatingjesus's Crux Thread.

Do you like my work about crucified girls?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go to CruxDreams.com
I guess for me the genderbending or the blasphemy thing never came into my head, because I had read a few books on martyrs (both christian and non christian) as well as history books, in which there was plenty of references to female crucifixion present.

I have recently discovered that christian history, particularly partaining to martyrs, doesn't seem to be well known by most evangelicals and other mainstream protestants. You have to go to more niche protestants like Amish/Menonites to find knowledge on the subject. So I do understand your perspective.

Interesting point. Female torture and crucifixion is easily found in Christian art over the centuries, sometimes nude or near nude as well. This stuff is easily found in books, churches, museums . . . .

Crucifixion of St. Eulalia of Barcelona.jpgMartyrdom of Saint Eulalia of Barcelona , by Bernat Martorell , ca. 1430. The representation i...jpg272531.p.jpgBernat_Martorell_-_Martyrdom_of_Saint_Eulalia_-_Google_Art_Project.jpgsanta-librada-patrona-partos-dificiles-independencia-i.jpg0011.jpgEl-Bosco-Tríptico-de-Santa-Liberata-1500-1504-e1547760858933.jpg61861887bf7cb686410a7210edc61572.jpggonzalez3.jpgimages_medium_fg11.gif

I guess for me the genderbending or the blasphemy thing never came into my head, because I had read a few books on martyrs (both christian and non christian) as well as history books, in which there was plenty of references to female crucifixion present.

I have recently discovered that christian history, particularly partaining to martyrs, doesn't seem to be well known by most evangelicals and other mainstream protestants. You have to go to more niche protestants like Amish/Menonites to find knowledge on the subject. So I do understand your perspective.
Good point. And yes, from my experience, the average evangelical has a gap in their church history from Nero to Luther.
And the idea of a woman being a Christ figure (like Blandina) would be quite uncomfortable for the complementarian (male-led) church I grew up in.

And the idea of a woman being a Christ figure (like Blandina) would be quite uncomfortable for the complementarian (male-led) church I grew up in.
Had to look that up, and although at least one woman was involved in the very recent formulation of the term, "complementarian" still seems like an easy excuse for the "barefoot and pregnant" crowd.

Had to look that up, and although at least one woman was involved in the very recent formulation of the term, "complementarian" still seems like an easy excuse for the "barefoot and pregnant" crowd.
don't you want to talk nonsense like religion on another thread ?? and leave this thread for sj (perhaps sometimes) future pictures ??

don't you want to talk nonsense like religion on another thread ?? and leave this thread for sj (perhaps sometimes) future pictures ??
Fair enough. I’m a born again atheist, but I try not be obnoxious about it. :rolleyes:

He really made an outstanding cross model!
as far as I know not only crosses!

models for Roman soldiers, a patibulum, various crosses (this is only one of about 8 types), a Roman military trumpet, a stake for impalation, a scaffold, and a pitchfork for lifting a patibulum and much more that I know about, and much more that I do not know...

his work is available on renderotica...

and honestly it's fantastic, and considering that Sj is probably the best 3d crux artist, in conjunction with models from Cadre it's unsurpassably divine!

Thanks!

I used a loincloth I created with marvelous designer.
Not very well made, but enough for this kind of work! Are you also using marvelous designer? I'd love to see some examples of how to make a loincloth in it...

Thanks!

I used a loincloth I created with marvelous designer.
Not very well made, but enough for this kind of work!
What resolution are you using for your images? I wonder if a similar resolution can be set in 4k and in daz3d..

Back
Top Bottom