Slaves at work

Go to CruxDreams.com
I actually googled this. Its called the big bunny and since it's a private jet it probably is out of my income lol
What better use could you dream of for your hard-earned cash? :p

The reach of Rome was a lot more extensive than most people believe. And this especially applies to trade. Rome received exotic goods from as far away as Chine thru the various "Persian" Empires and maintained a naval squadron in the Red Sea to protect maritime trade around Arabia, Northwest Africa and across the Indian Ocean. While I very much doubt slaves were moved from as far away as India and China certainly non-perishable exotic goods were.

However the slave trade out of sub-Saharan Africa predated Roman ascendancy by at least 2 millennia and certainly continued well after. "Black" slaves were moved down the Nile and across the Sahara by the tribes living in the deep desert. Despite our (WONDEFUL) fantasies the slave trade was largely driven by the need for massive amounts of cheap disposable labor which conquer peoples could readily supply (after really successful conquests sometimes the bottom of the market for particular nationalities of slaves would fall very low. We have records of this happening with both the Germanic defeats and after the Romans crushed the Bar Kohhba revolt in Palestine).

Here an African slave is working a grain harvest (photos shot at Cruxwinds in Second Life) somewhere in the Med basin for her owners to ship to Rome at very good prices.

kisses

willowfall

Field Slave_001.jpgField Slave_002.jpgField Slave_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom