Go to CruxDreams.com
Ok, my intent was to express "Gauls of the feminine persuasion." I thought that adding an "e" should serve to convert "Gaulois" to feminine, and indeed when I look it up:

gauloise \ɡo.lwaz\

1. Féminin singulier de gaulois.

Maybe I should have said "femme gauloise" or "femmes gauloises" for clarity.

Ok, my intent was to express "Gauls of the feminine persuasion."
As far as I understand the territory is named "la Gaule" and its inhabitants are "le Gaulois (m)" and "la Gauloise (f)", in plural "les Gaulois" and "les Gauloises".
We need a native french speaker to confirm or refute this.

When I saw your post the cigarettes came into my mind. Sometimes I am suffering of strange associations.
If you had used "femmes gauloises" I would probably not have thought of cigarettes but who knows what else would have come into my mind.

Last edited:
Thank you for a really good science fiction story using the idea of immortality through computer uploading.

I especially like that the villain Bill had an understandable motive that made sense from his perspective, instead of just being evil for evil's sake. He even had a good reason for using crucifixion!

Just finished reading. Mad props to madiosi for putting th e-book together.
I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if you like having your work compared to other things, but it almost seems like cross between Stephen Kings 1408, about an inescapable room full of horrors, and the film noir Laura.

Not to make more work for you than needs be there, but I wonder if there is an equally touching story from James point of view, falling in love with a pile of bones and what not.

and it's not often we get stories on here that end with happily ever after, but you managed to pull that off. High-Five!

but it almost seems like cross between Stephen Kings 1408, about an inescapable room full of horrors, and the film noir Laura.
Thanks, jacksjg. I really should read 1408 sometime then. :oops::D I love film noir. Really glad you liked it and thanks for the comments.

The happy ending was really a product of me thinking about what would feel right. I did think about letting her die, but that wouldn't really have taken the story anywhere, and it's hard to say what would have happened to any of the rest of the world if she had died, since it may all have been a solipsist fantasy of hers. Now we'll never know.
Done, since August, 4.
Did I thank you for that? I really meant to thank you. :oops::confused:
Many thanks again for your work, Madiosi. :):beer:

Back
Top Bottom