Some Images From Various

Go to CruxDreams.com
"Better" is a relative term. I like the subtle grey scales as well. It's just "different". Nice, keep them coming.
It's just that pencil lines don't show up so well in a scan. I had to adjust brightness lower and increase contrast to get them to show.

It's just that pencil lines don't show up so well in a scan. I had to adjust brightness lower and increase contrast to get them to show.
ask ducans how to work she is very experience with drawings and scanning;)

As a hint:
Scan with high resolution, for example 4 times what you want, then do a gaussian blur and reduce the resolution after.
This works well for scanning printed images (screened) and may be helpful with pencil drawings that show fine grid structures as well.

Shit happens when you crucify a Mermaid.
Mermaid's crux 2 001.jpg

When sports fishermen catch game fish, Marlin, Tuna are similar, they hang them by the tails to display them. So also might the Romans have crucified the Mermaid, do you suppose?
Then again, mermaids have breasts, so they must be warm-blooded, as are humans. Like most artists, I gave my mermaid scales on her tail. This must be wrong - surely mermaids would be akin to dolphins or porpoises, which are not scaly. Does any expert on aquatic beasts know the true appearance of the species and can enlighten us on this important point?
Back to the story – Poseidon has roused Haephaeston (aka Vulcan) who now has his furnaces in full-blast. Witness the volcano, about to spread doom and gloom, not to mention ash and lava across land and sea. The wind god Aeolus has returned from sporting with the Neriads and has sent the stormy south wind, hot from the desert wastes of Africa, to rouse the wine-dark sea into tempestuous waves.
The citizens attempting to flee by sea –are dismayed to find their vessels tossed wildly by the surging billow. The galley has suffered a disaster. The slave-driver having been cast from his stance on the cat-walk as the ship plunges sickeningly to the swell, has landed headfirst into the time-keeper’s drum (a sight that in other circumstances would have been greeted with hoots of derision). Thus the rowers have fallen into total disarray, the ship is now like to be cast onto the rocks, if they cannot speedily get their act together.
Caesar is regarding the scene before him with mounting alarm, little did he realise to what extremes a simple crucifixion would lead. He had never had this kind of trouble with Christians, Gauls, Britons, Galileans or any of the other inferior races, to whom he had been forced to demonstrate the might of Rome. This calamity clearly shows how mermaids are special and under the protection of the most powerful Gods. Even Caesar, in all his glory, cannot command the waves. (A fact that Canute was later to demonstrate, to his own overly obsequious nobles.)

Fire fox... ? Some wonder why it takes me time to make sketches... but I've always the manner to get in trouble:D
Thanks to all who try to help me!flower1

Do you have a photo editor? If not then see Technical Questions/Using Photoshop. You can make any number of variations in seconds. Your drawings can be in pencil.

Attachments

• modified.jpg
    modified.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 246
As a hint:
Scan with high resolution, for example 4 times what you want, then do a gaussian blur and reduce the resolution after.
This works well for scanning printed images (screened) and may be helpful with pencil drawings that show fine grid structures as well.
P.S. I forgot to mention that you may or may not need to sharpen the final image again (setting is dependent of tool)

Hell-o again, been away and the few times i've been in I had nothing to contribute.
So I compensate with a mega large image this time for your enjoyment.
It is a crucifixion though a rather odd one.
I hope you like. :D

Attachments

• never_a_quiet_moment____cg__2013_by_aibo2-d62dp9k.jpg
    never_a_quiet_moment____cg__2013_by_aibo2-d62dp9k.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 317
Back
Top Bottom