The Best Of Times, The Worst Of Times

Go to CruxDreams.com
I agree with Barb ...

... but, Siss, why are we (women) so much attracted by that here ?

I always have not the answer ...

Possibly the playboy playmates and the thought of being naked nude in front of everyone!

Or those bath tub secrets we thought were secret but were told we were being naughty?
Or things ... we imagined.

Good or bad combined with real life's disappointments.

I really don't understand it myself!

:confused:

Last edited:
Possibly the playboy playmates and the thought of being naked nude in front of everyone!

Or those bath tub secrets we thought were secret but were told we were being naughty?
Or things ... we imagined.

Good or bad combined with real life's disappointments.

I really don't understand it myself!

:confused:

Old Playboys and bathtub secrets! Can't deny them :rolleyes:

I agree with Barb ...

... but, Siss, why are we (women) so much attracted by that here ?

I always have not the answer ...

Is it because you become so much more beautiful in your struggle, in your submission, in your sacrifice? Is it because if fulfills you, makes you more than you are, takes you to new heights of sensation, mental and emotional and physical? Is it because it tests you in mind body and spirit?

I can't add much to Bob's amazing contribution. He has "nailed" it in so many ways, but we each have a unique view to bring to the topic, so . . . .
Bob has gone for the nailing. For me, whether using nails or rope, the moment when the subject stretches their body out against the cross, opens their arms, presses back against the wood, I think that is quite a powerful moment. It may be voluntary, it may be forced. But it is the moment of final submission, the moment of being wed with the instrument of ultimate torment. The nails are the climax to this moment, the point of no turning back, the sharp wake up that this is really quite serious shit!
The crucified one has gone from being one of us to something apart, lacking any agency, powerless and helpless. She (or he) is no a heaving shell of pain, to be raised up, displayed, forced to share every last moment and every bodily twitch and function now with the whole world. Dignity is gone, and free will. Do they retain their humanity? It depends on the individual, how they handle this ordeal, whether or not they draw any sympathy from the crowd. It could go either way.
But it is that moment, stretched out against the cross for the first time, the moment of opening their naked body to the world, this is where it really starts.

Is it because you become so much more beautiful in your struggle, in your submission, in your sacrifice? Is it because if fulfills you, makes you more than you are, takes you to new heights of sensation, mental and emotional and physical? Is it because it tests you in mind body and spirit?

Certainly all of that ... physical pain bringing the emotional side ...
... and yes, I've the feeling of beeing existing throught my sufferings , in a total submission towards the other members, here and towards my partner in real life ...
And it's GREAT !:rolleyes:

... and I so much thanks hornet for having shown that in this pic which he did for me ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Interrogation, pain, submission to the nails but proud to be ...:)

Messa crux2_cr.jpg

I can't add much to Bob's amazing contribution. He has "nailed" it in so many ways, but we each have a unique view to bring to the topic, so . . . .
Bob has gone for the nailing. For me, whether using nails or rope, the moment when the subject stretches their body out against the cross, opens their arms, presses back against the wood, I think that is quite a powerful moment. It may be voluntary, it may be forced. But it is the moment of final submission, the moment of being wed with the instrument of ultimate torment. The nails are the climax to this moment, the point of no turning back, the sharp wake up that this is really quite serious shit!
The crucified one has gone from being one of us to something apart, lacking any agency, powerless and helpless. She (or he) is no a heaving shell of pain, to be raised up, displayed, forced to share every last moment and every bodily twitch and function now with the whole world. Dignity is gone, and free will. Do they retain their humanity? It depends on the individual, how they handle this ordeal, whether or not they draw any sympathy from the crowd. It could go either way.
But it is that moment, stretched out against the cross for the first time, the moment of opening their naked body to the world, this is where it really starts.
I forgot to mention, on approaching the execution site, the sense of horror and anguish at the first sight of the stake...

The sight of blood.jpg

I follow Phlebas more or less.

The arrival on the execution place. The preparations. Being stripped, tied to the cross. Waiting one’s turn The condemned become the powerless subject of an execution procedure, of justice being done. The executioners, carpenters and their assistants doing their job.

Secondly when the cross is up! Struggling naked with pain, humiliation. Confrontation with the crowd. Fear, while trying to keep up defiance. Confrontation with one’s self. Regrets, (self)-reproach. Trying to rationalize it. The prospect of inevitable death after a long agony.

Night! The sun is down. The onlookers have gone. The hot burning sun has gone down. The guards have made a fire. A lot of the condemned’s strength has gone, They are exhausted. Silenced. They are tired but cannot sleep. They are still conscious enough to realize what they are subjected too. They long for the end, but the end is still far away. With fear they look for another terrible day.

I don't think I could single out one moment, ... some thoughts
Rarely are the condemned required to carry a noose to the gallows, an axe to the block or bullets to a firing range. But in crucifixion, the condemned are expected to carry the dead weight of the instrument which will eventually cause their demise. Adding insult to injury, the very idea is loaded with humiliation,
and somehow that carrying harmonizes with the way that the suffering on the cross comes from the vain struggle to resist, to live, ... my own body is as much the instrument of punishment as the cross itself, ... my body betrays me as it conspires with the cross to torment me, it'll betray me in other ways too, but I can't will my heart to stop beating... and so bringing me together with my hurt-beam early on is a part of that ritual, and when people see me walking, they need no announcement and they'll know where I'm going.

he moment when the subject stretches their body out against the cross, opens their arms, presses back against the wood, I think that is quite a powerful moment. It may be voluntary, it may be forced. But it is the moment of final submission, the moment of being wed with the instrument of ultimate torment.
Oh yes in my own fantasies that's a very important moment and most always I'd do that myself, spill myself onto the cross, even if they did drag me there, they'd know to let me go in that moment (because in fantasy there's always perfect telepathy :) )
Night! The sun is down. The onlookers have gone. The hot burning sun has gone down. The guards have made a fire.
That too,the way the normalcy of life goes on for others, the guards will make a fire, roast their food, have a drink, life goes on for them. Especially if I'm imagining I'm only roped -- I'll be so aware that thy could so easily release me if they wanted, but they don't, and go about their routine, while I struggle... the warmth of the fire, the savor of fine food, the circle of security for them, the cold and fear of the night for me, the dawn unimaginable...

I ran a poll awhile ago on deviantart, and the two biggest winners were definitely nailing and raising, although it seems like plenty of people would have voted for "the dance of suffering on the cross", which is pretty clise to the shit I'm drawing most of the time.

Bringing up the rear, here. Two things, Em.

1.) Your stuff is by no stretch of the imagination "shit."

2.). I'd vote early and often for the dance. Which you're very, very good at.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
What will be more painful: nailing of the wrists ( nerve is squeezed by the nails ) or nailing of the feet when bones are splintered?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom