The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
TOURIST FINED FOR WEARING TINY BIKINI ON BEACH IN PHILIPPINES https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ned-police-malay-boracay-island-a9154926.html

What is the world coming to? Fined? Fined? And only £38.58? No flogging, caning, crucifixion? And I have to criticize the press coverage here. I don't see a picture of her in this bikini. How am I, a fair minded person if ever there were one, supposed to judge whether it's indecent or not?
Taiwanese tourist, too. I think this is the same place that had to be closed for a while because all the fancy hotels were leaking sewage into the ocean.

Y'all please keep it up in the Dominion of Canada we don't like cold weather down he'yah. I know how you guys are I've been up to Montreal in winter, eh? Brrr. We had a guy from Chicago with us and he was freezing but I lived in Chicago for awhile when I was a kiddo and I thought it was the coldest place on earth. :D
Never know, you may be due for a Canadian northerner! They can get pretty chilly!

Went to a sim the other day where the Canadian flag was flying and commented on the fact that they were flying the summer version of the flag. When they queried this I told them that the winter version had no maple leaf on it as the maple tree shed it's leaves in winter. Would you believe that they offered apologies and said they would look for the winter version to fly.

Went to a sim the other day where the Canadian flag was flying and commented on the fact that they were flying the summer version of the flag. When they queried this I told them that the winter version had no maple leaf on it as the maple tree shed it's leaves in winter. Would you believe that they offered apologies and said they would look for the winter version to fly.
okie dokie me only heard in tv Canada country change leaf type and color leaf to green on the flag :oops::cat:

1947 was considered to be one of the hardest ever British winters,heavy snows and long periods of sub zero temperatures, I was a schoolboy, and we had a Canadian mathematics teacher,he served in the RAF during the war and stayed over.I`ll never forget the mild contempt with which he regarded these conditions.
His laconic comment, "Where I come from, it snows for three months and we spend the other nine clearing it away." comes back every time we have a bit of snow.

During the winter in Canada, the maple leaf is on Peru's flag then?:facepalm:

It got up to 22F today, a f***ing heat wave... at least the ice evaporated in the sunlight and the kittens didn't freeze in the garage... I am dreading my electric bill!!!
I will send your air back as soon as I can!!!
I don´t get it. Living on Canadian Whiskey and then complaining about a bit of Canadian summer temperatures?

I went to see "Ford vs. Ferrari" today. I knew the story-line and my high-school friend had no clue at all of the history. I am and have been for too damn many been a racing fan but found the (well-told) lead-up to the '66 Le Mans a very much better story than the last third of the race. It was a rare instance that Tree knew more than most people in the theater. My friend, who IS a car guy seemed amazed at the politics that happened when we were 8-10 years old...

Yes, we went to a nearby restaurant and had adult beverages after the show.

Tree's recommendation is unless you really have someone that wants to see it, skip it until you can watch it on TV with a 'pause' button handy.

A Tree public service announcement...

T

Tree's recommendation is unless you really have someone that wants to see it, skip it until you can watch it on TV with a 'pause' button handy.
For a movie about car racing, a 'fast forward' button could also be helpful!:car:

Such endurance races as the Le Mans 24h, or Francorchamps 24h, have lost lots of their 'glamour' since around 1990. Formula 1 racing has practically seized the monopoly of the media and the attention from these times on. And now, Formula 1 on TV is vanishing behind pay walls, like soccer football, and soon cycling too.
The people's sports, robbed from the people, sadly.:(

Back
Top Bottom