The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
They say eating lots of garlic boosts your immunity system! And doing so may help keeping away other people too!:D
No wonder we are doing so great on that front then :p (The title reads "annual garlic consumption per capita")

4f4e582bf88928.jpg

Actually I think it's very informative as it's a perspective someone like me wouldn't get otherwise.
Thanks! I'm glad to hear that my yesterday's ranting post (which I half regretted writing) wasn't entirely pointless.

No wonder we are doing so great on that front then :p (The title reads "annual garlic consumption per capita")

View attachment 836698

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that my yesterday's ranting post (which I half regretted writing) wasn't entirely pointless.
No really I think this kind of thing is very valuable.
Basically you're providing an observation, analysis & self-criticism of your own culture.

View attachment 836698

I love Korean food. And "Parasite", the film that won the Academy Award Best Picture, was the most intelligent film I've seen in many years.

Curious that your chart shows garlic consumption is higher in the US than in Italy.

I love Korean food. And "Parasite", the film that won the Academy Award Best Picture, was the most intelligent film I've seen in many years.

Curious that your chart shows garlic consumption is higher in the US than in Italy.
I really liked that film. It has so many layers and looks visually pleasing too! My comment on that film in IMDb is still on the top of the review section, by the way.

I also have a bowl of garlic in my fridge now, and I just take a big spoonful and dump it into anything that I cook to conveniently hide my lack of skill in cooking :)

I also have a bowl of garlic in my fridge now, and I just take a big spoonful and dump it into anything that I cook to conveniently hide my lack of skill in cooking
Well I've been in family self-quarantine since March 7 ... with reasonable preparation ... but I've realized I hadn't bought enough garlic.
Though no one who expects to live dares question my cooking skills ;)

Just returned from the supermarket. A man was loading the back of his Range Rover with 108 tins of dog food. I immediately thought "How many slaves does he keep?"

Have I been reading too many BDSM stories?
For keeping slaves in good condition, cat food is better!:roto2gay:
Probably, the man had fed his last slaves to his dogs and was now compelled to buy dog food in tins.:roto2nuse:

I think food consumption is higher in the US than Italy, or anywhere else.

A man was loading the back of his Range Rover with 108 tins of dog food
greedy Rover!

OK problem solved, no need to break the quarantine once I remembered there's a corner in the garden where this grows ..."bear's garlic" or wild garlic which can easily stand in for the 'real deal' ;)
View attachment 837147
Ramsons, Alium ursinum (so yes, bears' garlic) - I'll be doing the same, plenty around where I am, if the Alium sativum runs out.

It has a great many names, though Ramsons or Ramps (Old English hramsa) are/ were the most general (though nowadays Wild Garlic),
Others include Brandy Bottles, Devil's Garlic, Gipsy's Gibbles, Snake's Food, Stinking Jenny, etc. Onion Stinkers is from Somerset.

Back
Top Bottom