Using Photoshop

Go to CruxDreams.com
I just do what I know works but there are some good tips here. Next I want to work with layers and simple lighting effects.

Well, I try to follow this learning but I do first translate and my technical language is limited; however, I've PSP4 ultimate (in french) and I'ld want to know if it is useful for this version; I've started to study it, but only some
"splutters";)

So far the functionalities used are "common ones", found in any picture manip program. They may be slightly different in function and also of course where you find it.
I'll be glad to ofer help in language and finding the function in Paintshop, and so would others, I am sure.

Thanks for this tutorial, I learned a few new tricks. It will take me forever to get really good with these photo shop programs, they have a lot more capability than I can ever learn.
I have taken the liberty to post my "result" from this lesson. I have never done a lot of photo manip type work,because I didn't understand the lasso function sufficiently. I have a better grasp of it now. In my example I altered the saturation of the girls source pic in an attempt to match the lighting and atmosphere of the background better. I put the shadow dirctly beneath her, because I was thinking that she is not in the direct sunlight and is only being illuminated bu the diffuse light around her. I just painted in the shadow freehand. I couldn;t help addding a few stripes to her back. ;)

Again thanks for the lesson.

Attachments

• CRUXcol2b.jpg
    CRUXcol2b.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 90
That looks very effective!!...we haven't finished yet.

Thanks to you Melissa (and Fantasmo): at last, I've understood how using of
my PSP4 ultimate...Yet some errors to correct, but the principle is acquired.

Attachments

• col2.jpg
    col2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 86
  • col2 (2).jpg
    col2 (2).jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 88
Mmmm, nice! (The second image especially)

They are very good. I'll look out for some more backgrounds before continuing.

Here's a background we've used before. It's from Gladiator. The arena was based on the oil painting used in the first pic. It's 1.04 MB so it would be good as a background. It started off at 125Kb but you can always increase the "size" in pixels of a pic in photoshop by clicking on Image then Re size from the menu. I increase or decrease by a percentage which I guess.

Attachments

• background.jpg
    background.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
Here's a background we've used before. It's from Gladiator. The arena was based on the oil painting used in the first pic. It's 1.04 MB so it would be good as a background. It started off at 125Kb but you can always increase the "size" in pixels of a pic in photoshop by clicking on Image then Re size from the menu. I increase or decrease by a percentage which I guess.

Me thinks she likes the ...umm.. big things...
Well, I try to follow this learning but I do first translate and my technical language is limited; however, I've PSP4 ultimate (in french) and I'ld want to know if it is useful for this version; I've started to study it, but only some
"splutters";)
...while this ol' tree still sticks with Corel (too much invested to swap) it is practice that makes it easier. I still screw up with layers. But never be ashamed of what you try.

I've seen there is 9000 members and probably less than 8,800 have posted a picture, much less 'worked' on.

Tree

USING AND SAVING LAYERS.
Sometimes you may want to use a character in more than one pic. It can be time consuming using the lassoo tool again so it is a good idea to save your layer on a transparent background as soon as you create it. Here's how..
I'm going to use the three attached pics. First download the pics. Use the lasso tool to cut out Janina then Edit/Copy .

Attachments

• background.jpg
    background.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • Janina1mod.jpg
    Janina1mod.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 85
  • untitledz.jpg
    untitledz.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 83
Now click on File/New and make sure you select a transparent background as shown.

Attachments

• PtScr002.jpg
    PtScr002.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 44
You will now see a chequered rectangle. Now click on Edit/Paste and you will see Janina appear.

Attachments

• PtScr003.jpg
    PtScr003.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 32
  • PtScr004.jpg
    PtScr004.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 37
Now click on File/Save as and save Janina as a PNG file in your folder, selecting none on the interface option.

Attachments

• PtScr005.jpg
    PtScr005.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 29
Your layer has now been saved and can be used later on any pic. Now use the lasso tool on the four corners of the rectangle then Edit/Copy. Bring up the background pic then Edit/Paste. Use the move tool and make any other adjustments you wish on the layer.

Attachments

• PtScr007.jpg
    PtScr007.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 60
Now click on File/Save as and save Janina as a PNG file in your folder, selecting none on the interface option.
but be sure that you save it as a PNG or GIF file because you don't want a background behind Janina

Your layer has now been saved and can be used later on any pic. Now use the lasso tool on the four corners of the rectangle then Edit/Copy. Bring up the background pic then Edit/Paste. Use the move tool and make any other adjustments you wish on the layer.
missing the beam.............................;)

I know!!!!...I'm coming on to that thanks Hans.

Now bring up the untitledz pic and use the lasso to Edit/Copy and Edit paste a suitable lump of wood onto our background pic. The lump of wood layer is now at the front.

Attachments

• PtScr008.jpg
    PtScr008.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom