Your Favorite Artwork

Go to CruxDreams.com
Quoom is a good artist that never seems to advance his work. This series is one of his best yet his goal seems only to torture women with no story... I give him a 3 out of 5...

Tree

I have to agree with Tree !
I really like Quoom early stuff but later on it seems to turn to torture just for the sake of it...

Those 2 from the last queen of troy are really well done!flavia120.jpg kc007.jpg kc010.jpg

I have to agree with Tree !
I really like Quoom early stuff but later on it seems to turn to torture just for the sake of it...

Those 2 from the last queen of troy are really well done!View attachment 488269 View attachment 488270 View attachment 488271

I have to agree. Going way back, his Ornaments of Triumph series where he was actually illustrating a story was great for its time and he did some other good stuff back then. But he's kind of lost me with all of the pointless torture.

Five nice ones from DeviantArt, all close-up images, kind of intimate, and personal. I like 'em, anyway :)

da1 double_crossed_by_scottie32.jpg Double Crossed, by scottie32
da2 one_last_taste_by_gallows_girl_amy.png.jpg One last taste, by gallows_girl_amy
da3 crucified_by_audrenlerioual.jpg Crucified, by audrenlerioual
da4 mib4art.jpg Holding, by mib4art
da5 reflection_by_tokatun.jpg Reflection, by tokatun

Five nice ones from DeviantArt, all close-up images, kind of intimate, and personal. I like 'em, anyway :)

View attachment 488359 Double Crossed, by scottie32
View attachment 488360 One last taste, by gallows_girl_amy
View attachment 488361 Crucified, by audrenlerioual
View attachment 488362 Holding, by mib4art
View attachment 488363 Reflection, by tokatun
Indeed Monty, and this is a great example of translation. A beautiful drawing inspired by a wonderful photograph.

portrait_of_une_crucifiee_7_by_makar013-audrenlerioual drawing.jpg

For my favorite artwork, It is really hard to choose five as there are many great work:

The work by hurch@/レッド is great, and hard to find work like this in hentai style, which is really detail.
3 (4.4.6a).jpg3 (4.4.8).jpg

Artwork by SkatingJesus are also my favorite, here are the one I like most
3D (8.1.1).jpg

Just like mentioned above, ZaZ's work are also great
ZaZ Twisted Arena Prologue-26.jpg

last but not least, Jeddak's series are also great, it is hard to choose one from the long series as many of them are great ....the one that I choose show the pain of the victim..... and I am waiting for Lucilla's last crucifixion!
Jd-Lucilla Scene 16-12_0001.jpg

Obviously, I cant forget SJ who made a first crucifixion'serie ...
messaline_crucified_002_by_skatingjesus-d7srg1e.jpg
... and later, a new'one (that I prefer;)) ...
Messaline crucified on the mountain 001.jpg ....

PS: hum, he gave to me a little role in Andaroos for the final crucifixion'scene : I love it !:rolleyes:
Andaroos 4 - 304.jpg

TBC ...

Hard to pick just five, but here goes:

Before he was Quoom, H-P created the Ornaments of Triumph series. Because of Yahoo's limitations he had to put it on a download site and post a link to the Yahoo Crux group so we could get it. This particular picture struck me as very powerful back then, the first one I'd seen that illustrated the moment when the condemned's feet left the ground for the last time:

487930-96b8794c6436b3e4d176ca4a821e7345.jpg

Damian was and is an amazing artist, able to composite pieces of pictures seamlessly to make something entirely new and different. In 2005, he and I collaborated on his Roman Crucifictions book. He sent me pictures, and I wrote stories about what I saw. This one already had tituli for the three girls with Greek inscriptions that I figured out was the Greek word for "witch." So they became "The Three Witches" and I wrote a story with that title which is now here in our archives.

487932-f9cbfdd235ed98b9495d8fc0139bcecb.jpg

Makar was and I suppose always will be one of the greatest artists with a camera in the crux genre. He was one of the few who realized that a naked woman on a cross wasn't limited to a static pose like a golden crucifix. His models moved and explored the boundaries of their limited range of motion on the cross, in the process teaching the rest of us - certainly me - how a woman's body would twist, writhe and strain on a cross. One of his most memorable models and one who has appeared in innumerable photo manipulations is Alice.

487934-bd1f1a044d3208a5007cef7de681801a.jpg

Then there was Yusseby, whose quirky cartoon drawings illustrated what we knew about ancient crucifixion practices and sometimes just caught a common scene such as this one, a pair of rebels crucified by the road, an example and lesson to all who passed by and spared them a glance as they suffered.

487933-e17660ae3cdc6dda1e5f842dce68784e.jpg

Skating Jesus does the best job today of painting gritty realism into his art and incorporating depth-of-field camera techniques in digital rendering.

487931-d2a8e171c7248006a8772bf9b791d5d3.jpg

And finally, my favorite artist is me, because I create what I imagine and want to see, the way I want to see it. One of my most dramatic scenes, in my opinion, is the stripping of Sabina's loincloth just before she is crucified.

487935-4083d761632b072318329e55522534e5.jpg

Obviously I can't count because that is six, not five.

Just looking back over this thread, one to be enjoyed many times over at leisure,
your selection, Jedakk, appeals to me especially, because all of them (except Yusseby's,
which is special in a different way) portray very vividly how a woman would respond to,
and try to cope with, the experience of being crucified - physically and mentally -
I can empathise with those girls, imagine myself in their bare, beaten skin,
my mind and my muscles striving to work out what to do...

Just looking back over this thread, one to be enjoyed many times over at leisure,
your selection, Jedakk, appeals to me especially, because all of them (except Yusseby's,
which is special in a different way) portray very vividly how a woman would respond to,
and try to cope with, the experience of being crucified - physically and mentally -
I can empathise with those girls, imagine myself in their bare, beaten skin,
my mind and my muscles striving to work out what to do...

For me, that has always been the most fascinating part. You'd think that I'm all about the mechanics of carrying out a crucifixion, the roles of everyone involved as seen by an observer. And I do have to have all of the framework in place before I fit the people into it.

But ultimately I want to get inside of the mind of a person condemned to the cross. Once you know that you're going to be crucified, how do you deal with the prospect, not just of your own death, but of perhaps two or three days of unrelenting agony, suffering and humiliation? And it's not just the hanging on the cross naked, it's every stroke of the whip, every step of the way, the instant when they forcibly strip you naked, the sinking feeling when they read your final sentence and the command is given, being forced down onto the cross, overwhelmed and overpowered, each and every blow of the hammer, the horror of the cold iron inside, passing through your body, and then coping with the agony as they drag you upward by your wrists and hang you on your cross...

If you think that was a long sentence, think about all of that and more running through your mind like a continuous loop for hours or days before it all begins. The torture begins long before the whipping. This was what kept nagging at me about The Serpent's Eye years ago; what would a girl condemned to the cross do for those two days that I had Sabina sitting in her cell? And if you were a friend and wanted to help, would you have the courage to visit her and do what you could to give her some comfort and help? That was why I revisited the story and added the chapters where Sabina is in prison, Salonina's visit with her, and the tipping point that pushed Sabina over the edge, witnessing the crucifixion of Lucilla.

For me, that has always been the most fascinating part. You'd think that I'm all about the mechanics of carrying out a crucifixion, the roles of everyone involved as seen by an observer. And I do have to have all of the framework in place before I fit the people into it.

But ultimately I want to get inside of the mind of a person condemned to the cross. Once you know that you're going to be crucified, how do you deal with the prospect, not just of your own death, but of perhaps two or three days of unrelenting agony, suffering and humiliation? And it's not just the hanging on the cross naked, it's every stroke of the whip, every step of the way, the instant when they forcibly strip you naked, the sinking feeling when they read your final sentence and the command is given, being forced down onto the cross, overwhelmed and overpowered, each and every blow of the hammer, the horror of the cold iron inside, passing through your body, and then coping with the agony as they drag you upward by your wrists and hang you on your cross...

If you think that was a long sentence, think about all of that and more running through your mind like a continuous loop for hours or days before it all begins. The torture begins long before the whipping. This was what kept nagging at me about The Serpent's Eye years ago; what would a girl condemned to the cross do for those two days that I had Sabina sitting in her cell? And if you were a friend and wanted to help, would you have the courage to visit her and do what you could to give her some comfort and help? That was why I revisited the story and added the chapters where Sabina is in prison, Salonina's visit with her, and the tipping point that pushed Sabina over the edge, witnessing the crucifixion of Lucilla.

Well said ... it is that period of waiting ... the apprehension, fear, misgivings, the wondering about what it is going to be like to go to the cross, perhaps the misguided lingering hope that something yet will work out, the crushing realization that the moment has come, etc. --- that is often unexplored, but such an important part of the crux horror.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is what makes Jedakk and his Sabina such an important part of Crux history. :clapping:

.... and I want to end my thanks with Hornet who made me some wonderful illustrations of suffering'Messa with whom I can do some interesting manips ... :rolleyes::very_hot::clapping:

PS : I only hope now, that somebody like "bobinder" could also do ... a day? But he knows that ...;)

Attachments

• messa cruxed for manip10.png
    messa cruxed for manip10.png
    505.6 KB · Views: 1,078
  • Messa crux4 (1).jpg
    Messa crux4 (1).jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 1,156
  • Messa crux2_cr.jpg
    Messa crux2_cr.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 1,245
Personally I've found that it's often drawings that connect to my imagination the most. Perhaps because they leave more room for my mind to make them my own.

Some that perhaps haven't been posted, hopefully,

a few lines can create a world... (Wandermaske)

jelle_in_moonlight_by_wandermaske-d783aia.jpg

scenes of just before the nailing (Mailnan)
cruc2a.jpg cruc3d.jpg

A heavy whipping, and anticipation (Zerosen)
05_03_002.jpg

Markus, showing self-control ;)
sab.jpg

disgrace...
102.jpg

sometimes they are guilty...
LuciferaCruxcopy.jpg

sometimes not... (Dashinvaine)
Expectant_1_by_dashinvaine.jpg

...the day's work is done on the Hill of the Last Sigh...
Chincy.jpeg

Personally I've found that it's often drawings that connect to my imagination the most. Perhaps because they leave more room for my mind to make them my own.

Some that perhaps haven't been posted, hopefully,

a few lines can create a world... (Wandermaske)

View attachment 489060

scenes of just before the nailing (Mailnan)
View attachment 489055 View attachment 489056

A heavy whipping, and anticipation (Zerosen)
View attachment 489059

Markus, showing self-control ;)
View attachment 489062

disgrace...
View attachment 489061

sometimes they are guilty...
View attachment 489063

sometimes not... (Dashinvaine)
View attachment 489064

...the day's work is done on the Hill of the Last Sigh...
View attachment 489065
The two by Mailman are especially effective in this regard, I think. ;)

Back
Top Bottom