A co-op venture in crucifixion storytelling.

Go to CruxDreams.com
A Co-Op venture in crucifixion storytelling. Sent to his first military posting in the province of Hispania, a young officer pens two letters back to his brother in Rome. The first describes the brutal arrest of an innocent young woman who will be executed by public crucifixion as an object lesson for her neighbors. The second letter describes the young officer's mixed feelings thinking back non the week when he supervised the crucifixion. The terrible sequence of the ritual are mentioned in the second letter, but they are not described. I am hoping that writers read what I have written will be inspired to take one or more of the actions and add them between the legionnaire's opening and closing of the story. There are several POVs to choose among. The veteran soldier who mentors the young officer, the unfortunate woman who is crucified, maybe her lover, a rebel terrorist, the Roman commander,(etc.)' It is my hope that the story will be completed by several of the passionate writers that I have been reading on curxforum.

Letter From A Young Officer (1st Letter)

Lusitania Western Hispania

Dearest Brother; (for your eyes only)

So much is happening, but the big news is that I’m finally here. It’s been six weeks hard travel to join the legion in Hispania. I’m a long way from the military academy and you folks in Rome. I’m getting a whirlwind initiation as we are stretched pretty thin here in Lusitania. Since this is my first posting, an “old timer,” Lucius Atilius, is assigned to me as my aide to, “show me the ropes.”

Our Commander believes that frequent public crucifixions are needed to keep “the lid on things” here. He always seems find grounds for this sort of punishment… even where none exists. Several days ago, I was sent to arrest a woman based on a questionable accusation by her jealous neighbors. It was probably only gossip, but it was a serious charge. Guilty or not her punishment would serve the Commander’s purpose.

When Lucius and I pushed our way into her house with our arrest warrant, the woman, a girl really, was terrified. Her servants had disappeared immediately. She had no idea what was happening to her or why. It was comical to watch her run around the house scared and confused gathering a few things to take with her.

My aide winked at me and proposed that we should flip a coin to see who would go first. I did not catch his meaning, and I could only respond to his proposal with a confused stare.

“What’s the matter boy, you’re acting like a virgin.”

I tried to preserve my authority, but could only stammer in reply… This was too good for him. He hooted with laughter.

“Gag me with a Gaul’s balls, if I don’t believe it. You are a virgin… By my mighty man Mars, it’s high time we do something about that… In honor of what will be a memorable occasion, I decree that you can go first.”

I was incredulous. “Are you for real soldier? Now? … Here? … Really?”

“She’s gonna be dead by Friday, Sir… What a waste for me and you to bring her back without tryin’ her out. Once she’s brung in, everyone will get a shot at her. You lucked out with this assignment. And me too if I do say so myself… Think about it.”

The woman was not a fighter. Once Lucius tore off her shift, she began to plead and sob. The legionnaire twisted a wrist behind her and forced her to her knees.

“Now, m’dear, you’re gonna be real nice to us, or you die right here… no problem for us. Lie down over there.” He gave her a firm shove and she stumbled across the room to sprawl awkwardly on the couch. In a futile attempt to hide her nakedness, she pulled her knees to her breasts and wrapped her arms around her long legs.

Leaving me no time to consider my options, Lucius strode to the couch. “Here, let me give you a hand with her.” He grabbed her ankles and muscled her legs apart.

I had to make a choice. Should I reprimand my aide and proceed with the formal arrest… or should I defer to the “local custom”?... It didn’t take me long to decide. I wedged myself between the woman’s wide-spread legs and stripped off my tunic. I was as hard as an iron pike. I had imagined this moment so often when I masturbated. Now it was really happening.

I stood over the terrified woman. Where to start. I grasped her firm and ample breasts, and she frantically tried to push me away. I caught her wrists and pinned shoulders to the couch. Without using my hands, I dropped my weight onto her and shifted my hips until the head of my cock found her opening.

I pushed through her outer lips, but I met resistance. Even though her ankles were pried apart, she clenched her muscles to block my entry. I freed my right hand and clutched my penis. With the added force from my fist and fingers, I worked my cock into her… opening her … bit-by-bit… and then a bit more. She gasped and sobbed in pain and shame, but her protests only added to my excitement. She hammered on my back with her fist and bucked and twisted. Despite her efforts, I was slipping forward… and downward as she was moving under me making me crazy with her struggles.

Without forewarning she relaxed her resistance, and I was inside of a woman for the first time… So, this is what it’s like… So easy… so sweet. I didn’t hold back. I rode her hard as I had seen it done… harder and faster. And then, all too soon, I exploded into her. Too quick, too, too, quickly. She felt me cum inside her and involuntarily uttered a high keening cry of helplessness and utter defeat.

Lucius took that as his cue, and none too gently, pulled me off her trembling body. He climbed onto the couch, and he spoke to the woman very gently as he knelt naked above her, his hard cock inches from her the face. “My girl, you are no virgin. You should try to enjoy yourself. This is the last sweet time you’ll ever have in this world.”

His wiry arms wrapped around the woman, and he pulled her up on top of him spearing her expertly as he rolled her over. His strong hands gripped her hips, and he proceeded to bounce and twist her on his engorged shaft. He pleasured himself with her supple body creating erotic friction as he moved her over, around, and under himself. She clung to him… she had no choice. But she did not fight him. Both of them were making hungry and satisfied noises. Lucius took a long time to finish, and afterward they both lay entwined and breathless on the divan. From the look of her, she had taken his advice. I have a lot to learn from this old soldier in warfare and in women.

Lucius took that as his cue, and none too gently, pulled me off her trembling body. He climbed onto the couch, and he spoke to the woman very gently as he knelt naked above her, his hard cock inches from her the face. “My girl, you are no virgin. You should try to enjoy yourself. This is the last sweet time you’ll ever have in this world.”

His wiry arms wrapped around the woman, and he pulled her up on top of him spearing her expertly as he rolled her over. His strong hands gripped her hips, and he proceeded to bounce and twist her on his engorged shaft. He pleasured himself with her supple body creating erotic friction as he moved her over, around, and under himself. She clung to him… she had no choice. But she did not fight him. Both of them were making hungry and satisfied noises. Lucius took a long time to finish, and afterward they both lay entwined and breathless on the divan. From the look of her, she had taken his advice. I have a lot to learn from this old soldier in warfare and in women.

Please add chapters that will provide a complete descriptive account of the young officer’s experience. Most every line in the second letter can be a chapter head. Take the POV of any participant or advisor or bystander to add fresh observations and insights.

Letter From A Young Officer (2nd Letter)

Lusitania Western Hispania
Dearest Brother; (for your eyes only)

What a week! My last letter was a personal After-Action Report

… sorry about that … and after the arrest, I was assigned to arrange the woman’s (her name was Mary) public execution. This was old business for Lucius Atilius and he instructed me in every brutal detail.

Someday I will tell you what I had to d0 to carry out this assignment with distinction. A lot of it was gruesome and unpleasant, but we were making an example of Mary for everyone to see… and to think about. I learned things about myself that may interest you, my brother.

Her arrest had been my first assignment here in Lusitania, and she was the first woman I ever fucked. Her execution was the first crucifixion I supervised. So, it was fitting that I was the first to arrive at the killing field last Friday morning.

Mary’s exhausted body caught the first light of the sun as she hung on the cross near the Water Gate. She was on display… an object lesson for her neighbors and her countrymen. She stirred feebly trying to reposition her legs, but she couldn’t really move. I was watching her death throes.

I was watching her die with mixed emotions. I felt protective of her. She was my woman. She was my first fuck… ever… even though I only had her for a very few minutes and, truth be told, I brutally raped her.

I stood very close to the cross. Strangely I wanted to comfort her... My eyes devoured her beaten but still lovely body shifting above me seeking any small relief from her pain… and finding none. My imagination recreated and magnified those sweet moments when she had been struggling beneath me. When I was inside her… and oh, oh, what I would give to have her again.

Equally powerful were the memories of the erotic rush I got while watching Mary’s prolonged punishment ritual. I supervised most of it myself..

Her stumbling efforts to carry the cross to the killing ground…

Her pathetic cries when the unforgiving spikes were driven into her wrists and ankles…

Her stifled scream when we lifted the cross upright and dropped it into the post hole…

Mary’s drawn out moans as her shoulders and wrists gradually tore while bearing the weight of her body…

Her confused dance as she again and again pulled herself upward to ease her breathing only to slip downward again to rest her tortured arms...

Her helpless humiliation when she lost control of her bladder and pissed down her legs… It excited me … All of it.

Yes, I was excited by seeing my woman sweat and whimper…

By seeing her strained muscles spasm until they cramped in visible knots…

By hearing onlookers comment on Mary’s battered beauty and her rotten luck...

As I busied myself around the killing field, my cock stayed hard with vicarious excitement… And, I must confess that, while I watched the proceedings I furtively stroked and grasped myself… always stopping at the edge, just short of cumming.

No one was there early that morning to watch her die. I reached up under the scrap of cloth at her waist and fingered her cunt. As I suspected, she was wet and slippery. She was dazed, but her eyes fluttered open at my touch, and she made a little cry of surprise. I think she even squirmed to meet my hand. But she was worn out, too exhausted to care.

According to the punishment protocols prisoners were not allowed any respite in their final hours. I moved my hand away. No one had seen me touching her there. I stepped back and for the first time met her eyes. As an absurd gesture of farewell, I drank a toast to her by licking her from my fingers.

And so goes my life in the provinces.

A Co-Op venture in crucifixion storytelling. Sent to his first military posting in the province of Hispania, a young officer pens two letters back to his brother in Rome. The first describes the brutal arrest of an innocent young woman who will be executed by public crucifixion as an object lesson for her neighbors. The second letter describes the young officer's mixed feelings thinking back non the week when he supervised the crucifixion. The terrible sequence of the ritual are mentioned in the second letter, but they are not described. I am hoping that writers read what I have written will be inspired to take one or more of the actions and add them between the legionnaire's opening and closing of the story. There are several POVs to choose among. The veteran soldier who mentors the young officer, the unfortunate woman who is crucified, maybe her lover, a rebel terrorist, the Roman commander,(etc.)' It is my hope that the story will be completed by several of the passionate writers that I have been reading on curxforum.
(I don't know if you had a reply such as below in mind, but inspiration drove me this way; if you think it diverges too much from your original intentions, just let me know, then 'the plan' would not be carried out, and the snippet can be used elsewhere?)

With horror, I had watched the crucifixion of my niece Mary! The local Roman commander had sentenced her to death, for an accusation that was totally false. But it seems to be the practice of the commander to install fear among the population, by means of a public crucifixion from time to time.

This is a troubled country for Romans. We hate them, and rebels are around. Obviously, the commanders can only uphold discipline and morale among their troops, if they react with harshness against any rebel action during which legionnaires are wounded or killed. Some play it with ‘rather safe than sorry’, and put up an arbitrary execution regularly. Like the one, poor Mary became a victim.

Two things : one, it was clear that the Commander had ordered to execute her, based on gossip spread by these vicious neighbours of her. There is since long a feud between our and their family, but this time, they went too far!. Two, there was this Young Officer, apparently a rookie, freshly from military academy. He was in charge of the execution. It looked obvious that this was a sort of baptism of fire for him, as it was mainly his aide who guided him. All right, that Young Officer most likely followed orders issued by the Commander. But he has made one big mistake, that makes it personal : he has raped Mary, when he was guarding her.

These are two issues that are a matter of honour that can only be resolved by blood. The neighbours must die, and that Young Officer must die! It is up to me, as the oldest living member of the family, to take things in hands, otherwise I must either live in the shame and dishonour of leaving these events unrevenged, or I must kill myself. But in that case, the duty of restoring the honour will pass to another family member and I will still be remembered as a coward.

I have a good plan to achieve both goals in one strike, but the plan has one flaw : it could be complicated, and maybe cannot be executed by one person. First, the Young Officer must get killed, yet it must happen either close to, or his body has to be deposited as close as possible to the neighbour’s house. If a Roman soldier is killed by rebels, the commanders crucify all adult inhabitants of the nearest house as a standard measure of reprisal. That makes the entire population of the region a kind of arbitrarily hostages! But I could exploit the measure to have those vicious neighbours nailed! It is clear that I, Loxuru, an about sixty year old winegrower, cannot do this job on my own! I would need assistance, but the more people I involve, the more lives are put at risk. I cannot force anyone to help me, they all must be volunteers and fully aware of the dangers!

I have so far discussed the matter with one person, the one I entrust the most : my sister. She understands I have to do this, although she resents the consequences of it, that I will die anyway too! She understands that, at my age, having handled no weapon in almost thirty years, trying to kill the young and bodily fit officer could be a suicide mission already.

Sure, it will be a suicide mission for me! For the sake of rightful revenge and restoring the honour of Mary and our family, the whole community must know that I did it. A sneaky assassination and then hiding away is no option!

Concerning the inevitable death that awaits me, I try to be accepting : I had a good life, but now, my time largely lays behind me anyway! Yet, my sister warned be that I better would throw my self on a sword, because when the Romans would capture me alive, they will crucify me too, as they always do with captured rebels. Do I want to die the cruel and humiliating death, the Romans reserve for their slaves, criminals and rebels?

I told her that I will do anything to prevent that, but that, even if I would be crucified, I would take that punishment not as a humiliation, but with pride and honour. The whole village should see that I did it to revenge Mary, so hanging to a cross will be a victory for me if I can take these treacherous neighbours down with me! I expect my sister to spread that message, in case it would come so far!

She did not look that convinced when I spoke these vigorous words. She probably wondered if I had tasted too much from my last wine harvest, or was she already imagining me squirming and moaning naked on a cross in the village square? Yet she promised to think about how the plan could be executed and about the possibility to find accomplices.

I know! The hardest part of the plan is not that I will not survive it, but the physical way I would get killed! That’s what I fear the most! But would I have the guts to kill myself? Therefore, I keep encouraging myself about that issue, especially about the worst case, getting crucified. By perceiving it as a honourable way to die for someone who has revenged his family!

I have so far discussed the matter with one person, the one I entrust the most : my sister. She understands I have to do this, although she resents the consequences of it, that I will die anyway too!
I Barbara, Loxoru’s younger sister, found myself to be both proud and frightened when he revealed his plan to me.

Sworn to secrecy, I feel helpless. If it were not for that, I might attempt to enlist some help.

I tried to convey to him the severity of the risk he was taking, namely that he might be crucified should he be taken alive. But beyond that, I see his confidence misplaced in that he believes that he himself will bear the consequences of his actions should he fail.

In all probability he puts his entire family, including me, in jeopardy. Therefore, I have resolved to back him up without his knowledge. He won’t know that I am there, but I intend to follow him closely, armed with a dagger and am prepared to fight for him should his plan go awry!

Back
Top Bottom