A kind word about goblins.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Somehow it so happened that goblins in literary and artistic works appear exclusively as evil monsters who are not fed bread. Let me make fun of human, elven, etc., etc. women. Including on some branches of our worthy forum, I did not find any other attitude towards the greenskins, Therefore I consider it my duty to stand up for the rights of the goblin people and try to prove that, in any case, their beautiful half deserves all sympathy and often sympathy.
Evaluate for yourself if I'm right. I count on the support of the respected community. (Isn't it interesting?)
The Bellapax artist nifa_and_zopy_sleeping_beauties_by_bellapax_dgigeib.jpg nifa_gets_punished_by_bellapax_dghd0ry.jpg zopy_folded_and_tied__free__by_bellapax_dgjb9oo.jpg zopy_meets_drasillia_by_bellapax_dgjaaok.jpg zopy_working_1_by_bellapax_dgi4u9c.jpg

Somehow it so happened that goblins in literary and artistic works appear exclusively as evil monsters who are not fed bread. Let me make fun of human, elven, etc., etc. women. Including on some branches of our worthy forum, I did not find any other attitude towards the greenskins, Therefore I consider it my duty to stand up for the rights of the goblin people and try to prove that, in any case, their beautiful half deserves all sympathy and often sympathy.
Evaluate for yourself if I'm right. I count on the support of the respected community. (Isn't it interesting?)
The Bellapax artist View attachment 1402490 View attachment 1402491 View attachment 1402492 View attachment 1402493 View attachment 1402494
As a very long time Warhammer player (still have the 3rd edition hardback rulebook), committed to the total corruption of everything that Games Workshop have ever released, I applaud this delightful Slaaneshification of the goblinoid race :D

As a very long time Warhammer player (still have the 3rd edition hardback rulebook), committed to the total corruption of everything that Games Workshop have ever released, I applaud this delightful Slaaneshification of the goblinoid race :D

I was into Oldhammer/Warhammer from 4th edition to at some point in 6th I think. I rather like the alternative take on gobbos in this thread though. Btw One Page Rules are worth checking out for an alternative way of playing your Warhammer/WH40k models be they goblins or Lust Disciples.

I was into Oldhammer/Warhammer from 4th edition to at some point in 6th I think. I rather like the alternative take on gobbos in this thread though. Btw One Page Rules are worth checking out for an alternative way of playing your Warhammer/WH40k models be they goblins or Lust Disciples.
Yeah our group kind of drifted apart a bit after Age of Sigmar (or Age of Shitmar as we like to call it) came in. (That and the covid lockdowns that prevented us playing regularly for a while)

Those of us still left (the gaming group is down to four members now, including myself, from the original nine :(

Even then I've only got to play about three or four games in the last year :(

We still play WFB 6th edition which IMO is still the definitive version, though of course we continually add new house rules for new models/units and adapt the new stuff to fit within 6e rules. This way we all get to bring in stuff that GW would never have made available as well as incorporatingg new stuff from other sources (well, Hellraiser Cenobites are a perfect fit for a Slaanesh army, and Harry Potter style Dementors work very well in a Vampire Counts force..,) :D)

So yeah we're still getting a lot of fun from WFB 6e, but these days we seem to spend more time writing lists and rules than actually playing, but it's still a ton of fun and that's the main thing. Of course since we are playing a game that is no longer supported by GW we cannot play in store or in tournaments anymore (not that we ever did much anyway)m which means I can now field models that would get me thrown out of a GW-sanctioned event. After all, since I play Dark Elves and Slaanesh Daemons (often as an allied force), and I'm a Daz Studio user who also owns an Elegoo Mars 3D resin printer, this pretty much speaks for itself :p

My mum's pather though is the longest-serving player, having got into WFB right from the very earliest days, and he plays Skaven and Nurge Daemons. Like me he makes a lot of his own minis now as well and also regularly (ie. most of the time) plays them as an allied army - after all, rats and plague go together like strawberries and cream :)

Getting back onto the subject of Gobbos though, we had a former member of the group that had built up a huge Night Goblin themed greenskin army that adhered very closely to the fluff (and consequently very rarely won any games, but was always hilarious to play against, with large numbers of fanatics and squigs causing absolute mayhem all over the table). When he left the group in around 2019 and sold all his minis, I acquired his Goblin army and one of our other players bought all his Tomb Kings as it would have been a shame to see these impressive collections broken up and sold piecemeal on ebay (although he would have made WAY more money had he done that)

I've never actually fielded the Night Goblins in a game, but I keep promising that I will one day, just for the fun of it. After all, GW always pitched the greenskins as a comedic army (particularly goblins - there are no orcs in this collection - just gobboes (99% night goblins, from several Battle For Skull Pass boxes and other sources, including some now rare OOP metal minis), quite a few snotlings, a couple of trolls (only because they were also in the BFSP box set (he sold all the dwarfs on ebay) as they're probably the only things in the army that can do a whole lot of damage on their own and also two boxes of Gnoblars, from the Ogre Kingdoms range (which frankly, GW should have always allowed players to take in a greenskin army - they are Hill Goblins after all, and sufficiently stupid in the lore to fit right in. Also with their massive noses and hang-glider ears, they look hilarious :)

Anyway enough rambling about my tabletop gaming history - let's get back to ogling some naked goblinettes :p

Did anyone see the Goblin King in this year's Doctor Who Xmas special ?? ;)View attachment 1409890View attachment 1409891
It was complete and utter rubbish - pretty much what we expect from the BBC these days and now that Dr Who is being at least partially funded by Disney in order to push "the message", it isn't likely to get any better.

yet another dead franchise :(

The last Doctor was Peter Capaldi and he was great despite the tumblr fanfic level scripts he had to endure...

Back
Top Bottom