A Nudity Question

Go to CruxDreams.com

fat slave girl

Regina Servorum
The Japanese video of the couple crucified, with the girl's loincloth being cut off in the final scene, got me thinking...

Just what is it about being naked on the cross which makes it so much worse?

I mean, presumably you're going to die anyway, and you'd be in a lot of pain, but I imagine all of us, in that situation, would still give a gasp and a groan as the last shred of cloth covering our genitals was torn away.

Is it fear that they'll become the target for torture or abuse? Or something more primal? To lose control of one's reproductive organs, after all, is to lose an essential part of one's personality.

Or is it just that, to have that which society says we should keep secret and hidden from all except our most intimate companions suddenly exposed for all to see, really is the ultimate humiliating loss of power.

What do we think, boys and girls?

The Japanese video of the couple crucified, with the girl's loincloth being cut off in the final scene, got me thinking...

I mean, presumably you're going to die anyway, and you'd be in a lot of pain, but I imagine all of us, in that situation, would still give a gasp and a groan as the last shred of cloth covering our genitals was torn away.

Is it fear that they'll become the target for torture or abuse? Or something more primal? To lose control of one's reproductive organs, after all, is to lose an essential part of one's personality.

Or is it just that, to have that which society says we should keep secret and hidden from all except our most intimate companions suddenly exposed for all to see, really is the ultimate humiliating loss of power.

Tree thinks it is symbolic of the complete loss of control over the condemn's body (Note: Not a victim, she deserved it).

It's the total loss of control of your life. You are unable hide any part of your body with your hands as you are fixed to the cross by hands and feet. Then they take away the last piece of cloth covering you and you are no longer human just meat on a hook for the mob to mock. It's the final humiliation that is drawn out for maybe days and no one likes to be humiliated with no way to fight back.

I agree. In which case, would being allowed even the skimpiest of loin cloths for your final hours on earth be slightly better than hanging in total nudity?

After all, the end result's the same!
A loin cloth can have its virtues... especially if the condemn wench shit in it when she was nailed...

...Just saying....

I agree. In which case, would being allowed even the skimpiest of loin cloths for your final hours on earth be slightly better than hanging in total nudity?

If you are into eastern religion and believe in reincarnation then the end could be something unexpected, but like the man said

"that ain't me babe".

Trying to answer your question, FSG : just some thoughts.
Nudity on the cross symbolizes loss of control and power, fall of power.
I will try to confer my thoughts, from a male viewpoint (I cannot talk for a woman), hanging to a cross..
The purpose of crucifixion is that justice wants the condemned to die a slow death, a long agony, not only physically but also psychologically. Justice has stripped the condemned of his identity, his dignity, his freedom, and wants the condemned to feel humiliated.
The condemned knows he is going to die, but still clings desperately to life, therefore trying to keep up his individuality, personality and dignity a long as possible.
Some of the loss of power focuses indeed on the genitals : they are publically exposed, to show that they became useless, symbolizing the uselessness of the condemned himself. For a male, an incidental erection, a physical status otherwise deemed as a symbol of power and vitality, becomes an embarrassment. Imagine what could go through the head of the condemned : (in case of a crucifixion with other males) “They (the onlookers) will think I get aroused by the other men and think I am gay”.
Or :
“The onlookers will find me ridiculous and pathetic, as they know I will never get a woman anymore.”

So, the condemned hopes to get rid of that humiliating embarrassment as soon as possible, against the nature of his desires.

What we whish to keep the most secret is forcedly exposed to see for all. Exposed to show publically the ultimate impotence of the condemned. And the humiliated condemned knows, and despite the pain, fights it as long as he is able to.

A naked, crucified person can hide nothing. Their arousal, their bodily functions, their trembling in fear and agony, every last mole on their body is exposed to public scrutiny.

You hang high above the spectators, enduring all their catcalls and jeers, and you are utterly naked, utterly powerless.

The result is the same only if you're talking about the fact that the punishment ends in death no matter what. But if that's your only aim in executing a person, there are certainly quicker and cheaper methods for achieving it.

The main consideration in the use of crucifixion was to make an example of the victim that would serve as a deterrent to others who might consider breaking the law. No one could see into the minds of the victims on their crosses to really know to what degree their nakedness was humiliating to them. But everyone who saw the naked victims immediately registered the shame and degradation that the nakedness of the victim represented to them.

The reactions of onlookers and passers-by would likely be different; some would be horrified at the thought of being crucified naked for all to see. Some might accept that nakedness, in the context of crucifixion, was the norm, just like a thong bikini at the beach might not cause a stir, but the same thong bikini worn in a supermarket would definitely turn heads. It was just part of the punishment of crucifixion, and as far as most were concerned, it always had been.

So I'd say that the goal of crucifixion was to impress on anyone who saw it an indelible picture of the price that justice would inevitably exact from criminals.

It's the total loss of control of your life. ..........you are no longer human just meat on a hook for the mob to mock. It's the final humiliation that is drawn out for maybe days and no one likes to be humiliated with no way to fight back.

What we whish to keep the most secret is forcedly exposed to see for all. Exposed to show publically the ultimate impotence of the condemned. And the humiliated condemned knows, and despite the pain, fights it as long as he is able to.

A naked, crucified person can hide nothing.

All good points.
It symbolises the reduction in status, it enhances shame and the sense of vulnerability. It dehumanises and provides onlookers with a show. There is nowhere to hide, every inch of your body, every intimate action is exposed to the public.
Also depending on the location and climate, nude exposure in the open air could be horribly painful and unconfortable. Wind, cold and possibly even frostbite in some places, imagine shivering uncontrollably on a cross with nails in your limbs.
Or the hot sun beating down without mercy, burning, doing irreversible damage and sapping strength.
Clothes don't just offer protection from public gaze!

Jed I like your point about context. The thong worn at the beach, or in the suburban shopping centre. Nudity would have been normal, on the cross, expected. But still enjoyed by all, I'm sure (except the victim).

I think that to a large extent this is about cultural norms. In many cultures, nudity has traditionally been seen as something "wrong" or "bad" somehow (stupid, I know, but then these are often deep-seated beliefs that have been indocrinated into people from a very young age).

Personally I would like to see a world in which people could go around naked if they wanted to without any complaints from a bunch of interfering old fuddy-duddies (if only we had the climate for that here) but despite my best efforts, cultural progress seems increasingly elusive.

Having said that, I like to practice nudity as much as possible at home.

Sadly, in many cultures, public nudity is still taboo and as such, being naked on the cross would still be regarded (by those conducting the crucifixion) to be an humiliation.

I'm sure that there are many (including myself) that would feel empowered rather than humiliated by this, but then one cannot expect the closed, conservative minds of the guards to appreciate (or even believe) this.

Just let me shave my pussy first though - having hairy bits really is humiliating...

:p

If you are going to die, really there's nothing to lose, wear thong or no, no make any difference, but if you are crucified on a bsdm to take pleasure, I think totally naked is the most exciting because you are being watched by men and women, your naked body there is not hiding and that is very intense

If you are going to die, really there's nothing to lose, wear thong or no, no make any difference, but if you are crucified on a bsdm to take pleasure, I think totally naked is the most exciting because you are being watched by men and women, your naked body there is not hiding and that is very intense
In BDSM play a good part of the pleasure is how you naked body arouses the animal desires of your partner or partners. Whether you are the one whipping, or the one being whipped nakedness is still a very a important part for everybody pleasure. :devil:

Back
Top Bottom