Bare-Naked (Famous) Ladies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Don't tell me Barb, let me guess, You have the full set of DVD's for "West Wing" in your closet.
(I assume it was a TV series, as I never saw it in the UK)

As a matter of fact, I do. And it was a tremendously popular tv series in the U.S (although not among political conservatives). Good guess. :p

This woman may not be exactly "famous" in the normal sense. In fact, she's quite private these days, and was only in the public limelight for a very short period (Playboy, November 1972, to be exact). However, it turns out that a bunch of computer imaging guys were looking for a suitable picture on which to test their latest latest compression algorithm, and Playboy from November 1972 had exactly such a picture - the centerfold.

They used this crop of centrefold of Miss November 1972, because it had the required variety and depth of colours and, when rendered in grayscale, had the widest range of grays, with no blacks or whites.
lenna512x512.png
In this version, it became a standard test picture for digitizing images, and was instrumental in the development of the JPEG format.

May I present, former Swedish model, Ms. Lena Söderberg. We couldn't do all this without her, after all. ;)
lenna1972-03.jpgThe crop that helped invent our picture format.

lenna1972-01.jpg lenna1972-02.jpg lenna1972-04.jpg lenna1972-05.jpg
And the actual centerfold, as well as other images from that shoot.

She did a recent interview, and posed to recreate the famous cropped shot:
https://www.wired.com/story/finding...MLJgO64dZcj0TIng-5rFu1L4nu8IeTuTEAalkLvG2MC5Q
Backchannel-Lena-Final.jpg
Still quite a striking woman, now in her 60s.
Anyway, as people who post, view, manipulate, create, and otherwise work with photo and picture formats, Lena, we salute you. :)

Anyway, as people who post, view, manipulate, create, and otherwise work with photo and picture formats, Lena, we salute you. :)
Hear, hear - remarkable stuff, and thanks for the info, Jolly. :)

This woman may not be exactly "famous" in the normal sense. In fact, she's quite private these days, and was only in the public limelight for a very short period (Playboy, November 1972, to be exact). However, it turns out that a bunch of computer imaging guys were looking for a suitable picture on which to test their latest latest compression algorithm, and Playboy from November 1972 had exactly such a picture - the centerfold.

They used this crop of centrefold of Miss November 1972, because it had the required variety and depth of colours and, when rendered in grayscale, had the widest range of grays, with no blacks or whites.
View attachment 669678
In this version, it became a standard test picture for digitizing images, and was instrumental in the development of the JPEG format.

May I present, former Swedish model, Ms. Lena Söderberg. We couldn't do all this without her, after all. ;)
View attachment 669681The crop that helped invent our picture format.

View attachment 669679 View attachment 669680 View attachment 669682 View attachment 669683
And the actual centerfold, as well as other images from that shoot.

She did a recent interview, and posed to recreate the famous cropped shot:
https://www.wired.com/story/finding...MLJgO64dZcj0TIng-5rFu1L4nu8IeTuTEAalkLvG2MC5Q
View attachment 669684
...um...

Back
Top Bottom