cowboy & indians 3.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 607
  • cowboys & indian.jpg
    cowboys & indian.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 597
  • cowboy & indians (2).jpg
    cowboy & indians (2).jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 606
An old method but with modern day characters. Plus, a special bonus featuring Brad Davis as a thank you to marvista for providing the captions on one of the images.
MMA fighters make the best candidates for crucifixion, don't you think? In a way, they are modern day gladiators. I think there should be a closing ceremony at the end of each fight event, where the losers are (mock) crucified for the crowd's pleasure.

Attachments

• modern crux3B.jpg
    modern crux3B.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 479
  • modern crux3A.jpg
    modern crux3A.jpg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 433
  • crucifixion scott 2.jpg
    crucifixion scott 2.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 449
  • w. bdavis (2).jpg
    w. bdavis (2).jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 485
  • modern crux3C.jpg
    modern crux3C.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 488
  • modern crux3D.jpg
    modern crux3D.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 670
beautiful.

There's more?

Its from the so-called
"word for word bible-comic"

I did even spend a few bucks to buy it complete and check it out but this scene is definitely the best. This pic was free on the net, by the way, so its not a copyright violation.
The full release includes a bit more of the flogging and carrying of the crossbeam, as to be expected.

Its from the so-called
"word for word bible-comic"

I did even spend a few bucks to buy it complete and check it out but this scene is definitely the best. This pic was free on the net, by the way, so its not a copyright violation.
The full release includes a bit more of the flogging and carrying of the crossbeam, as to be expected.
Have you got a picture of the flogging brilliant picture

Roper Brz, he posted a few new pics over on M_C_Research in June

View attachment 1039362

Thanks to Phlebas for posting this fine four-cross image. I've done some tweaking on my own copy so that it more closely suits my personal taste (and I'm still not 100% satisfied with my restoration of the pubic hair on the dark-haired lad at right rear), but even without those tweaks it's a fine piece of work.

I've never been at all keen on the idea of nailing the feet to footrests, especially near-horizontal ones. But looking at—oh, for ease of reference, let's call our subjects Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Dad—looking at young Mark and Luke, I'm starting to appreciate the possibilities much more.

My preference has always been for driving the nails sideways through the ankles and into the side of the upright, so that the subject's full weight is on the nails through the wrists. Even if he straightens his knees, which means pushing against the nails through the ankles, it's those wrist nails that keep him from pivoting forward. From the time the cross is raised, he's pulling against those nails, and nothing he does can ease the pain. He tries to relieve it by pushing his legs downward, but that's a desperate reflexive thing, and all it does is produce fresh bursts of agony at the ankles, while giving him little or no relief in his wrists and shoulders.

Constant unrelenting agony sounds like just what we want; but could there be a downside? If the pain's too intense, could it leave our boy oblivious to the psychological tortures we've devised for him? We want him to be fully aware of his humiliating nakedness, of the taunts of the spectators, and of the shame and suffering of his fellow subjects, especially if those last include friends or kin of his. But are we in danger of losing that if all he can think about is how much it hurts? If he's too focused on the physical torment, will he be incapable of properly appreciating the emotional suffering that we're trying to inflict?

Let's see if a footrest will help. First, while he's on his back on the recumbent cross, we'll nail the wrists to the crossbeam, making sure to pull the arms good and tight. Then we'll drive nails through the tops of the feet into a footrest inclined at about 30 degrees. After giving him a minute to lie on his back and try to deal with the pain of the nails, we'll hoist him aloft.

After the initial shock of coming upright and hanging on the nails, he'll try to find a position that relieves some of the pain. The angle of the footrest isn't so steep that the nails are all that keeps his feet from sliding down it, but any movement of a foot or leg puts pressure on the nail and produces a burst of additional pain in the foot. Moreover, with his feet nailed flat to that sloping footrest, his knees are pushed outward, so he can't hold himself upright by locking them; he has to hold his knees slightly bent and try to point his foot slightly downward, which means tightening the muscles in his thighs and calves. And the only way for him to keep his weight, or at least the weight of his arms, off the wrist nails is to hold himself upright and thrust his arms outward, so he's also working the muscles in his shoulders and arms. Almost any movement will pull or rub against a nail, so once he's found a position that seems to ease the pain, he's going to try to hold it without moving. While he can maintain that position, before the fatigue becomes too great, he's got attention to spare for other things—like the fact that he's naked in front of a jeering crowd, and that his brothers are stripped and suffering on crosses of their own.

Let's go through our young subjects and see where each one is in his struggle on the cross. Matthew, at left, doesn't really illustrate our case. His footrest is too steep, steep enough that the nails are all that keep his feet from sliding down. Right now, he's pressing against them, holding himself upright with the muscles in his thighs and calves, but also pulling against the wrist nails to keep from rotating forward. His case is more like that of someone nailed through the ankles, with constant fierce pain in the wrists and a shock of agony in the feet when he tries to push himself upward to take some weight off the arms. Excellent struggling, Matthew—keep up the good work!

Mark, in the middle, has run out of endurance. He's held himself up until his thighs and shoulders couldn't take any more, then collapsed so that he's hanging with his full weight on the wrist nails, with his shoulders straining from their sockets. He desperately wants to get upright again to ease the furious agony in his wrists and shoulders, but his thighs have turned into rubber from sheer fatigue. This isn't the first time he's collapsed so, and each time he's hung limp for a few minutes, then found the strength to heave himself upright and begin a new struggle with pain and exhaustion. He'll repeat that cycle many, many more times through his long day of suffering.

Luke is still upright, but he won't be for long. His weary thighs are shaking, his shoulders are burning with fatigue, and his arms are trembling. With each tremor, he pulls slightly at the nails in his wrists and feels a new shock of pain. Like Mark, he's collapsed and recovered several times already today, and he's dreading the agony that he'll feel when his endurance is exhausted and his legs buckle, dropping his weight onto those nails. He's desperately struggling to put off that moment, but he knows that he can't hold out much longer.

Attachments

• vanhelsing w. caps.jpg
    vanhelsing w. caps.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 631
  • dracula's bride 4 w. caps.jpg
    dracula's bride 4 w. caps.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 484
  • Dracula's Bride7.jpg
    Dracula's Bride7.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 425
  • Dracula's Bride65.jpg
    Dracula's Bride65.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 419
  • dracula's brides5A w caps.jpg
    dracula's brides5A w caps.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 405
  • dracula's brides6 w.caps.jpg
    dracula's brides6 w.caps.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 465
  • bram drac1c w. caps.jpg
    bram drac1c w. caps.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 512
Do we have?

DZfcq0gX4AEMBfO.jpg

As with the shooting squad, you ask the crucified if he needs an eye cover, probably a little lubricant on the cornu, a pillow on the senile and surely sterilized nails.

Still, no volunteers for my Dracula story? I promise the plot will be good. LOL.

Attachments

• massive1 w caps.jpg
    massive1 w caps.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 405
  • drac6 w. caps.jpg
    drac6 w. caps.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 348
  • drac6 w. caps2.jpg
    drac6 w. caps2.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 350
  • dungeon1 w caps.jpg
    dungeon1 w caps.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 375
Do we have?

View attachment 1047958

As with the shooting squad, you ask the crucified if he needs an eye cover, probably a little lubricant on the cornu, a pillow on the senile and surely sterilized nails.
Alright, I realized not all of you are into the vampire theme and this is about crucifixion after all. So, here are some mock ups. Enjoy.

Attachments

• modern crux5 w. caps1.jpg
    modern crux5 w. caps1.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 388
  • jared1wcaps.jpg
    jared1wcaps.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 386
  • modern crux4 w. caps.jpg
    modern crux4 w. caps.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 491
Alright, I realized not all of you are into the vampire theme and this is about crucifixion after all. So, here are some mock ups. Enjoy.
Here is my idea for dialogue though Scott is a better talent. Just something I added to a good sketch. The guards are becoming faded as the sky darkens and a singular rich sadist enjoys the show, beckoning others to help him out.

Attachments

• crucifixion Hardy 105.jpg
    crucifixion Hardy 105.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 512
  • crucifixion Hardy 105 paint.jpg
    crucifixion Hardy 105 paint.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 570
Back
Top Bottom