Crucified Women In Greco-roman Antiquity

Go to CruxDreams.com
I think this is a little mistranslation of 'sedile', literally 'seat',
but simply a projecting piece of wood supporting the woman's body weight at the crotch, prolonging her agony.
(Any 'seed' would have pressing on her genitals the night before, when her Guards and Executioners
had the opportunity to do what they wanted with her!)

View attachment 857166 MontyCassino's render is, I think, based pretty accurately on the kind of flagellation described above,
except her feet aren't restrained.

Im not sure this is correct - admitted,y without seeing the original - the translation mentions a rhino horn like projection which in inserted in her vagina in such a way that she cannot lift herself off it.

Its really very arousing

Im not sure this is correct - admitted,y without seeing the original - the translation mentions a rhino horn like projection which in inserted in her vagina in such a way that she cannot lift herself off it.

Its really very arousing
Good point Gillian, I'd overlooked that, where 'sedile' has become 'seedial' !
But I think the same word is intended in both cases.

The crucifixion of women in the Roman empire

I found this text in French on the net and it seemed very realistic to me!
I do not know who wrote it and it is possible that some of you may know it, but I have taken the liberty of translating it and communicating it to you.
What do you think about it ?

The crucifixion of women.

First, there was flogging.

The flagellation pole was 60 cm high.
An iron ring, placed at the upper end, protruded on both sides.

The clothes were torn from the body of the prisoner so that she was naked.
The Roman lictors were professionals.
They limited their work to a subtle and brutal flogging and they could beat their victim until there was only a small spark of life left.

The wrists were tightly tied to the iron ring.
Then, the victim was put in a tense posture, the face directed towards the ground, the spread apart feet pulled away from the pole and fixed to rings on the ground.

The Roman whip was infamous.
It was a short whip made up of several thin iron chains with small weights at their ends.

The flogging was called the "little death". It preceded the "great death": the crucifixion.

Even the tension while waiting for the first shot was cruel.
The whole body was stiff.
The muscles contracted in cramps full of torment. The color disappeared from the cheeks. The lips were tightly pressed against the teeth.

When the whip fell, the chains unfolded all along the back, each part of the chain tore the skin and penetrated deep into the flesh.
The weights sank with a crushing force between the ribs and wrapped around the breasts causing real torture.

Under the flogging, the pain was inexpressible.
Sweat beaded eyebrows and stung the eyes.
With each lash, the woman's body twisted, she tried to straighten without result because the links to the feet and hands prevented her from moving.

The second lash swept the back and half of the chest d ´ a V-shaped mark made up of small cuts in the skin.

Each lash snatched a piece of life.
There was only the burning and blinding pain, when the cruel whip hissed in the air over and over again, sweeping the back and shoulders.
The Roman whip could skin a woman alive.
The screams were horrible !

The Hebrew law limited the number of lashes to 39.
Among the Romans, this limit did not exist.
For the lictor who whipped the woman before the crucifixion, there was only one rule: the woman should not die.
A spark of life should always be kept for the agony on the cross.

But the executioner knew how to deal with suffering and for beautiful women the flogging was less severe to offer a crucified body little marked by this ruthless whip.
In return, death was very long, several days to offer the public a female naked body writhing on the cross.

Women cut their tongues in half by biting themselves under such blows.

Only blessed fainting could relieve.

The woman's unleased body lay on the ground, her hands clinging to the pole above her head and her thighs wide apart.

The executioner first detached her hands from the pole, rolling the exhausted and bruised woman's body on the floor.
The prisoner was left on her stomach on the floor often covered with her own blood, panting, her feet always tied to the rings for a few hours.

The wounds were washed, but obviously not medically treated.

Then it was the procession to the place of execution dressed in a short light dress that was stained with the blood of the whip's wounds.

The politicians of Rome always liked the condemned to be an example.

The long journey, slowly traveled through the busy streets, was to be a warning to others, since Rome was always acting fast and mercilessly.

Usually, a centurion was used as an executor or carnifex servorum.

The prisoner's dress was removed to be presented to the public again.

Often already exhausted by the torture inflicted by flogging the soldiers supported her standing by bringing her arms behind her back to present her body.

The executioner knew how to spare beautiful women to show their firm breasts, flat bellies and hair-s haired sexes.
The public was going to have the leisure, some for days, to see them twist in great suffering.

Then four soldiers laid her on the ground on the wooden cross.

They held the prisoner by the hands and feet because the pain gave important strength to the crucified who refused their torment.
But the executioner quickly put the 12 cm long, thin-tipped iron nail in the middle of each wrist.

A clever and experienced shot fixed her to the wood.

Four or five more blows pushed the nail deep into the raw beam, and at another stroke the nail was bent upwards so that the hand could not be torn and the body remained in place during all the agony on the beam despite the tension of the weight of the crucified.

The woman was screaming atrociously.
Her body was coming up with pain.
She struggled, watching her tormentor horrified as the last hammer blows ended up pushing the nails into her wrists and staring inexorably at her ordeal on her instrument of torment.

Beneath the basin was a small ledge that resembled the horn of a dildo-shaped rhinoceros, and which was known as "seedial".
This ledge was to relieve the hands of the condemned woman's weight.
But sinking into her vagina it also caused involuntary sexual arousals despite the pain.
The executioner knew how to adjust it so that the condemned woman would come and go on this infernal dildo without escaping.

The audience liked to hear the sucking noises in the woman's private parts caused by her movements to escape the pain in her limbs.
Regularly the prisoner uttered the hoarse cries of an orgasm that she did not master before collapsing panting in convultions, her eyes revulsed, impaled on this diabolical dildo.

Then a nail was pressed into each foot to complete the crucifixion.

The woman was already screaming on her cross on the ground, but her suffering was only beginning to become unbearable in time without hope of escaping except in a quick death.

A very painful moment when the cross was straightened with the prisoner and fell dryly into the hole.
In general, hand injuries sent pains like fire in the arms when the body was finally resting entirely on the nails of the wrists.

The women screamed for long minutes when they found themselves in this position, some especially the very young ones did not resist and were already losing consciousness.
Fainting brought temporary relief to women on this long journey to death.

Darkness alternated with pain and pain with darkness.

The pain in the back, arms, hands, feet and pelvis was deaf, nagging, horrible and endless.
The pain increased, multiplied and accumulated.
There was no moment of rest.

The cross was positioned so that the sun would shine right in the prisoner's eyes and reveal her naked body, breasts and her often shaved sex to better see the vaginal lips that would moisten and drip throughout the ordeal with the effect of the dildo that caused repeated orgasms.

Below, the curious waited, fascinated by the torture of the woman who stood on her studded feet to fall impaled on her dildo howling with pain.
The macabre spectacle unfolded slowly following the strength of women who were often very resilient.
Some thus agonized several days for those whom the executioner had spared to the whip.

Then the thirst began.
The lips were dry.
The mouth was parched.
The blood was burning.
The skin was feverish.
At that time, nothing was more necessary than a drop of cold water.

Water was refused.

Soldiers and the public drank in front of the crucified, only to increase psychological pain.
The sun darted its rays directly on her face.
A raw glow even entered through the closed eyelids.
The tongue swelled, the saliva was like crumpled wool.
The hands and feet began to swell.
The "seed" pressed on the genitals. It was impossible to turn and change position.
The muscle tremor was beginning.

But the horror was only beginning.

Until then, it was just a breeze.

The muscles contracted one after the other, causing severe cramps.
There was no way to escape or push them away, no helping hand to massage and soothe.
The cramps came up to the shoulders and chest.
They descended to the deepening abdomen revealing the tetanus muscles of the tortured.
The breasts tasted banana beads due to the pain that irradadated the swollen and hardened chest.

After two hours on the cross, the muscles of the body were no more than hard knots and theagonia exceeded the threshold of the bearable.

The women were screaming to the stage of madness.
Their bodies were shaken by uncontrollable tremors for hours punctuated by the inhuman cries of the crucified.

The pain and symptoms were the same as for tetanus (the condition of the muscles under permanent contraction).
Death was crueler and more excruciating than that caused by tetanus - the slow and continuous contraction of each muscle.
Death on the cross prolonged the agony as long as possible.

Every hour became an eternity.

Occasionally, cramps stiffened the neck and the head leaned on the vertical pole.
Women with their mouths wide open demanded death, their bodies could no longer.

There were flies and insects, and the barking of dogs that smelled of blood.
Birds of prey crossed the sky, drawing their circles ever lower.

As hours passed, the fine veins that lead to the nerves contracted until flattening, and the dysfunction of the blood circulation was the cause of stiffening with paralyzing effects.

A new pain attacked the one who was on the cross: the sore mucous membranes.

On the cross, suffering had no end.
Only the way and intensity of suffering changed.
The ribs became protruding elongating the breasts, the bellies were widened by the elongation of the bodies.

Occasionally, urine sprays sprang from the sexes tortured by the sedile.

For those who resisted the night brought freshness but not the end of the sufferings that became hellish.
The rattles of the crucified resounded in the night.
They begged for death that didn't want them yet.

Soldiers tended to accelerate death for those who were resistant after a few days.
They were starting to break bones.
On a ladder, a legionnaire also struck her right hip with a stick, and broke her thigh.
A second blow even more violent, and the left thigh was broken.
This brought further inhuman suffering to the crucified who could no longer stand on their feet.

Breathing became gasping and the eyes heavy.
The head rolled on the side dry mouth wide open foreshadowing the next end.

The woman's body was no longer reacting, her thighs were spreading showing a bloodied sex.
The arms were stretched to the extreme, the breasts stretched on protruding ribs that hardly lifted with a belly very hollowed out by position and pain.

The head finally tilted on the front with her eyes exorbitantly felt by the pain she could no longer express.

The crucified would die in silence very slowly because she was resistant.

Horrifying, yet erotic. One of the best descriptions of a woman's crucifixion I have ever read. I was trembling, aroused, yet appalled that such a thing could be done to another human being.

There is unfortunately (I wish it were more authoritative) another inaccuracy in this paper: the case of Ida and Mundus in Josephus book 18.
In fact the story is that Mundus (who was a Roman patrician) fell "in love" with Paulina (who had a reputation for fidelity) and offered to pay to sleep with her, and was turned down. He was going to kill himself, but his freedwoman Ida suggested instead that he give her some money to carry out a scheme. She went to the priests of the Temple of ISIS, and taking the bribe they convinced Paulina that the god Anubis wanted to sleep with her. Mundus played Anubis in the darkened temple that night. Paulina told all her friends about the encounter (superstition in those times was apparently rife). Mundus couldn't help bragging to her about his "conquest" and said he'd saved some money that she could have had for her estate--she rent her garments, told her husband, and he went to Tiberius. Tiberius crucified the priests and Ida, but Mundus was only exiled because he was, if I recall, an equus and because "he did it for love" ("love" also seems to have had a strange meaning at that time). Again, unfortunately, there are no details about the crucifixions, but Josephus goes out of his way to confirm and justify Ida's sentence.

Here is more than maybe you want to know on this.

This is an illustration for a story based on this episode. The story (Didi) by Tarquinius Rex is in the archive.
Here is a flowery, formal translation of the Josephus text with one of my amateurish drawings.
This is a brief background comment as to why Josephus might have included this story and its relationship to Christ: the "Testamentum Falvium".

There is unfortunately (I wish it were more authoritative) another inaccuracy in this paper: the case of Ida and Mundus in Josephus book 18.
In fact the story is that Mundus (who was a Roman patrician) fell "in love" with Paulina (who had a reputation for fidelity) and offered to pay to sleep with her, and was turned down. He was going to kill himself, but his freedwoman Ida suggested instead that he give her some money to carry out a scheme. She went to the priests of the Temple of ISIS, and taking the bribe they convinced Paulina that the god Anubis wanted to sleep with her. Mundus played Anubis in the darkened temple that night. Paulina told all her friends about the encounter (superstition in those times was apparently rife). Mundus couldn't help bragging to her about his "conquest" and said he'd saved some money that she could have had for her estate--she rent her garments, told her husband, and he went to Tiberius. Tiberius crucified the priests and Ida, but Mundus was only exiled because he was, if I recall, an equus and because "he did it for love" ("love" also seems to have had a strange meaning at that time). Again, unfortunately, there are no details about the crucifixions, but Josephus goes out of his way to confirm and justify Ida's sentence.
Someone wrote a version of this story a few years ago. I believe that it's in the Crux Foundation archive under the title: "Didi on the Cross (for some reason, Ida was changed to Didi, which I thought was strange because it's a modern American girl's nickname). It was one of the earliest crux stories I read and, as recall, a pretty damn good one.

Someone wrote a version of this story a few years ago. I believe that it's in the Crux Foundation archive under the title: "Didi on the Cross (for some reason, Ida was changed to Didi, which I thought was strange because it's a modern American girl's nickname). It was one of the earliest crux stories I read and, as recall, a pretty damn good one.

Yes, it is. I’m going to try to attach the pdf.

Attachments

• Didi.pdf
    216.8 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom