Crucifixion And You: How Did The Idea Start?

Go to CruxDreams.com

Simpson

Assistant executioner
I know, I know. The title is long. It's the only way I could think of putting one there.

So...

How did you become interested in crucifixion and why did you want to experience one? Where did the idea come from?

Speaking for myself, I became interested in wanting to play Jesus in JCS and passion plays (one of which, I wrote as a teen and still thinking about whether or not posting) and other Biblical films. Also, it's also because I'm a Christian. So, I'm coming to it from an acting perspective.

Discuss...

Simpson.

First thing, if you were waiting to play the role, you already knew ..................... so maybe some truth ... here?

And I totally do not get these passion plays!

Anyway ........................... loins ... naked ... exposed to the world ... and ................................

Any Questions?

:doh: :confused:

First thing, if you were waiting to play the role, you already knew ..................... so maybe some truth ... here?

And I totally do not get these passion plays!

Anyway ........................... loins ... naked ... exposed to the world ... and ................................

Any Questions?

:doh: :confused:
Yeah... what are you getting at???

The question just popped in my head. I was just curious as to how other people became... fascinated by crucifixion and doing one. That's all I was getting at. It wasn't until I found these forums that I even knew other people were into this.

Anyway, the question sounded better in my head.

Simpson.

There are no stupid questions so long as they're sincerely asked
That can't be right. :confused: I'm sure there are de facto a priori stupid questions that are just always stupid.

I was just curious as to how other people became... fascinated by crucifixion and doing one.
I personally was fascinated by the "passion" story as a child/teen. How do you become fascinated is a bit more of a tricky subject. I am fascinated by "edge" experiences, especially ones that can be drawn out and really experienced. Crucifixion is a slow going over the edge into death. That's rather fascinating in itself. That it is a naked person on the cross adds an erotic element. Sex and death are always linked somehow, and the whole crucifixion scenario becomes very arousing.:cool:

I personally suspect that when Christ's crucifixion was called a "passion", there was at least a tacit nod toward the erotic quality of that scene. It was supposed to evoke strong feelings, after all. I suspect a few nuns got wet thinking about it, but that was okay because they were "brides of Christ" (and if you can't get wet for your husband...). But I digress.:p

You talkin' to me?????????? :p
Sounds like Taxi Driver 1976
Travis Bickle ( Robert De Niro) "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?":devil:

That can't be right. :confused: I'm sure there are de facto a priori stupid questions that are just always stupid.

I personally was fascinated by the "passion" story as a child/teen. How do you become fascinated is a bit more of a tricky subject. I am fascinated by "edge" experiences, especially ones that can be drawn out and really experienced. Crucifixion is a slow going over the edge into death. That's rather fascinating in itself. That it is a naked person on the cross adds an erotic element. Sex and death are always linked somehow, and the whole crucifixion scenario becomes very arousing.:cool:

I personally suspect that when Christ's crucifixion was called a "passion", there was at least a tacit nod toward the erotic quality of that scene. It was supposed to evoke strong feelings, after all. I suspect a few nuns got wet thinking about it, but that was okay because they were "brides of Christ" (and if you can't get wet for your husband...). But I digress.:p
I gather youre not a professional educator :) The First Commandment is THOU SHALT NOT STIFLE INQUISITIVENESS

[QUOTI o="Hondoboot2, post: 201007, member: 584looks Iunds like Taxi on
Driver 1976
Travis Bickle ( Robert De Niro) "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?":devil:[/QUOTE]
Gawd i once pulled that on a troop of corner mooks in the Quarter

Well, not everyone who has an interest in crucifixion wants to experience one; I've had comments on my stories from people who have said that they really didn't care to read what the experience was like from the victim's perspective. I wonder some about that, but it impresses me not at all and doesn't affect what I choose to write.

Anyway, my interest in crucifixion began when I read "The Day Christ Died." That was around 54 years ago. It took me some time to get over the horror of the cross, and then I found myself making pencil sketches of naked women nailed to crosses. That was pure fantasy, as I had no idea that women were actually crucified until the late 1990s.

And then I discovered Poser and began doing 3D art. In 1998, I happened onto the Yahoo Crux group and was surprised to find that there were others who shared my interests, and I've been writing stories and creating art in this genre ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not everyone who has an interest in crucifixion wants to experience one; I've had comments on my stories from people who have said that they really didn't care to read what the experience was like from the victim's perspective. I wonder some about that, but it impresses me not at all and doesn't affect what I choose to write.

Anyway, my interest in crucifixion began when I was twelve years old and read "The Day Christ Died." That was around 54 years ago. It took me some time to get over the horror of the cross, and then I found myself making pencil sketches of naked women nailed to crosses. That was pure fantasy, as I had no idea that women were actually crucified until the late 1990s.

And then I discovered Poser and began doing 3D art. In 1998, I happened onto the Yahoo Crux group and was surprised to find that there were others who shared my interests, and I've been writing stories and creating art in this genre ever since.
Rock on brother

Not sure if I would like to participate in one myself, but with all the time I have on my hands, I spend a lot of time on the net just searching random stuff. Two years ago I stumbled into this site and made an account here. I was looking up information on the Salem Witch Trials and things of similar nature. For more information about me, I guess you could click my profile.

Not sure if I would like to participate in one myself, but with all the time I have on my hands, I spend a lot of time on the net just searching random stuff. Two years ago I stumbled into this site and made an account here. I was looking up information on the Salem Witch Trials and things of similar nature. For more information about me, I guess you could click my profile.
I did. Im not familiar with conversio, disorder

I did. Im not familiar with conversio, disorder

Conversion disorder can present with motor or sensory symptoms including any of the following:

Motor symptoms or deficits:

• Impaired coordination or balance
  • Weakness/paralysis of a limb or the entire body (hysterical paralysis or motor conversion disorders)
  • Impairment or loss of speech (hysterical aphonia)
  • Difficulty swallowing or a sensation of a lump in the throat
  • Urinary retention
  • Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures or convulsions
  • Persistent dystonia
  • Tremor, myoclonus or other movement disorders
  • Gait problems (astasia-abasia)
  • Loss of consciousness (fainting)
Sensory symptoms or deficits:

• Impaired vision (hysterical blindness), double vision
  • Impaired hearing (deafness)
  • Loss or disturbance of touch or pain sensation

Back