Crucifixions In Film And Television

Go to CruxDreams.com
My guess is that the soldiers whipped their victims cruelly enough to ensure that they couldn't offer much resistance to the nailing (imagine trying to crucify a work-toughened adult male who has nothing to lose: it could be quite a struggle), but not so much that they couldn't perform the final task of carrying the patibulum to the site.
In the end, it was just another chore for the soldiers, and they would do it in the way that took least effort and trouble.

Just a thought while on the subject of whipping and carrying the patibulum.

Why would a victim persevere with carrying the thing? What is the worse that can happen if they refuse or collapse? Whipped presumably, but is it worse to be whipped (to death?) on the road or to be crucified? Is the instinct to avoid the pain of whipping so great that the victim still moves ever closer to an even more painful event? Before we could read about it on CF did people not realise how awful the crucifixion was going to be?

Thoughts from people who have been whipped and/or crucified especially welcome.

You mention struggling victims Hangnail. Here is part of something I wrote. The account by the officer in charge of Christ's crucifixion; his responsibility was to get the job done, keep order with his legionaries, & direct the slaves doing the donkey-work of the actual cucifying. Here is when they come to the second thief;

Now for the second bugger, the thin scrawny fellow. I indicated it was to be him to the execution squad as they came forward for the next one.

Thin and scrawny he might have been but as soon as his arms were grasped he fought like a tiger. He wriggled, he kicked, he spat, he even bit one of the slaves on the shoulder. No way was he going to his crucifixion easily. The slaves managed to knock him to the ground where he wriggled in the dust kicking out at anyone or anything nearby.

To stop his kicking legs two slaves managed to get a noose of rope round his ankles pulling it tight. Held fast by his arms now he could only writhe, spit and shout expletives at everyone. He was dragged by the rope round his legs onto the cross. The crowd loved this unexpected entertainment. Once I was sure he was securely held down I again turned away as his wrists were nailed. I heard his yells of pain and the hammer blows. I looked across at the king who was standing bent forwards in exhaustion between the guarding soldiers, he should be made to watch, but the soldiers were too interested in the action to notice him staring at the ground. I couldn’t be bothered to say anything. What would be going through his head I wondered.

The thin bugger’s feet were now being nailed, the slaves had to leave the noose round his ankles because of his constant violent attempts to kick out, so they couldn’t position his feet in an interesting way. Once nailed the danger passed, but he still writhed like a wounded snake.

Up he was lifted into full view, his shouts and cries of anger became loud shrieks of agony as he started to hang from the nails the higher he got. As the cross jerked violently in the upright position the man let out an enormous bellow of pain, he also lost control at the agony urinating and also, I saw, shit running down inside his legs.

Just a thought while on the subject of whipping and carrying the patibulum.

Why would a victim persevere with carrying the thing? What is the worse that can happen if they refuse or collapse? Whipped presumably, but is it worse to be whipped (to death?) on the road or to be crucified? Is the instinct to avoid the pain of whipping so great that the victim still moves ever closer to an even more painful event? Before we could read about it on CF did people not realise how awful the crucifixion was going to be?

Thoughts from people who have been whipped and/or crucified especially welcome.
The basic lesson any victim of absolute power must quickly learn
is, there's always something worse they can do!​

I will talk about crucifixion with ,,cornu,, Condemned must be naked, without any clothes because his or her humiliation must be seen from the crowd. Somebody said that Christ was crucified with ,,cornu,, Cornu was thick stake who was plugged in condemned anus. When condemned push himself or herself up cornu go out from his or her anus, but when he or she lost the strenth cornu was plugged deeper in his or her anus. That was great perfomance for crowd.

Attachments

• crux1.jpg
    crux1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 276
  • crux2.jpg
    crux2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 265
Thatsgreat my cross. Would have bits of bone and glass on the upright no footrest so my brutally flogged back would be ripped even further but that's what the guards did they hated me

In THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST, both the rebel (at the start of the film) and Jesus himself (near the end) are both naked on their crosses.

Simpson.
To my knowledge, that's the only time Jesus was crucified nude in a movie. Martin Scorsese may have thought that the film was going to be controversial anyway, so he had nothing to lose.

One other naked crucifixion in film comes to mind. In the film "Jesus of Montreal", the main character is crucified nude in a modern passion play.
jesusofmontreal005.jpg

To my knowledge,prettyat's the only time Jesus was crucified nude in a movie. Martin Scorsese may have thought that the film was going to be controversial anyway, so he had nothing to lose.

One other naked crucifixion in film comes to mind. In the film "Jesus of Montreal", the main character is crucified nude in a modern passion play.
View attachment 282134
Scorsese is a freakin' genius. At that time male nudity was pretry much asking for an x rating, particularly if the actor had a hard on. If the Publiconmen win next year kiss all film nudity bye bye.

What's theE="Hangnail, post: 198008, member: 5222"]Well, let's imagine... "Pick that thing up or we'll nail you to it right now and carry it ourselves!"[/QUOTE]
Whats the worst? Lets see; breaking his fingers one by one, gouging out how eyes, disembowelment, castration. The bog mindles

To my knowledge, that's the only time Jesus was crucified nude in a movie. Martin Scorsese may have thought that the film was going to be controversial anyway, so he had nothing to lose.

View attachment 282134

Oh yeah! I forgot about JESUS OF MONTREAL. Haven't watched it in years.

Simpson.

You mention struggling victims Hangnail. Here is part of something I wrote. The account by the officer in charge of Christ's crucifixion; his responsibility was to get the job done, keep order with his legionaries, & direct the slaves doing the donkey-work of the actual cucifying. Here is when they come to the second thief;

Now for the second bugger, the thin scrawny fellow. I indicated it was to be him to the execution squad as they came forward for the next one.

Thin and scrawny he might have been but as soon as his arms were grasped he fought like a tiger. He wriggled, he kicked, he spat, he even bit one of the slaves on the shoulder. No way was he going to his crucifixion easily. The slaves managed to knock him to the ground where he wriggled in the dust kicking out at anyone or anything nearby.

To stop his kicking legs two slaves managed to get a noose of rope round his ankles pulling it tight. Held fast by his arms now he could only writhe, spit and shout expletives at everyone. He was dragged by the rope round his legs onto the cross. The crowd loved this unexpected entertainment. Once I was sure he was securely held down I again turned away as his wrists were nailed. I heard his yells of pain and the hammer blows. I looked across at the king who was standing bent forwards in exhaustion between the guarding soldiers, he should be made to watch, but the soldiers were too interested in the action to notice him staring at the ground. I couldn’t be bothered to say anything. What would be going through his head I wondered.

The thin bugger’s feet were now being nailed, the slaves had to leave the noose round his ankles because of his constant violent attempts to kick out, so they couldn’t position his feet in an interesting way. Once nailed the danger passed, but he still writhed like a wounded snake.

Up he was lifted into full view, his shouts and cries of anger became loud shrieks of agony as he started to hang from the nails the higher he got. As the cross jerked violently in the upright position the man let out an enormous bellow of pain, he also lost control at the agony urinating and also, I saw, shit running down inside his legs.

Quite a story! I loved it.

Simpson.

Back
Top Bottom