Das Fallbeil

Go to CruxDreams.com
On the issue of the efficiency of slave labor, Edward Baptist in his book "The Half Has Never Been Told" (which I used as a source for my story "Visiting the Jackson Plantation"-yes we do research here on CF) compiled some figures on the efficiency of cotton plantations in the Antebellum South. It turns out that production/acre was very high before the Civil War, fell after they switched to sharecropping and was not surpassed until the advent of mechanized equipment and chemical fertilizers in the mid 20th Century.

While can be said that the Maxim machine gun allowed European nations to subjugate indigenous peoples around the world, so has the AK-47 allowed them to fight back with a vengeance.

Am sure beautiful Barbaria is bored with this.
Actually, Barb knows a thing or two about firearms.
Here she is, plotting mayhem with a Sten in 'Wraggles to the Rescue.' -

Resistance Barb.jpg

And proving equally dangerous, hands on, with a Mosin-Nagant in 'Barbarossanova' -

Barbarossanova sample 3.jpg
:eek::D;)

On the issue of the efficiency of slave labor, Edward Baptist in his book "The Half Has Never Been Told" (which I used as a source for my story "Visiting the Jackson Plantation"-yes we do research here on CF) compiled some figures on the efficiency of cotton plantations in the Antebellum South. It turns out that production/acre was very high before the Civil War, fell after they switched to sharecropping and was not surpassed until the advent of mechanized equipment and chemical fertilizers in the mid 20th Century.
Undoubtedly the gang team labor of cotton plantations where the output was often easily and immediately measurable (say pounds of cotton picked) was almost the ideal venue for slave labor. It is also true, that despite the racism, the overseers valued slaves highly (over $1,000 a head - adjusted for gold about $50,000 in today's money) and took reasonable care of them.

The SS regarded their political and racial prisoners as sub-human and desired their deaths to purify the Reich. Therefore, they were treated worse, and yet asked to perform a high skilled , miniaturized task which was dangerous to inspect. Not good management thinking! (Yes, and evil just as black chattel slavery was evil).

Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in 'Schindler’s List'.
Here he is attempting in vain to fire the second pistol (not a Luger.) :eek:

View attachment 640141

As noted, the intended victim survives. :)
According to IMFDB.org:
That is a Czech CZ 27. After Germany took over Czechoslovakia, many of these weapons came into Wehrmacht use.
CzechCZ27Pistol.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Schindler's_List
View attachment 640274
But not before we have given Dieter an MP40 (aka Schmeisser) submachine gun instead, to see what alternative ending he will work out then!:uzi:
Not really a Schmeisser. That was the Allied nickname for them. In fact, Hugo Schmeisser and his company had nothing to do with the design. The gun was design by Heinrich Vollmer and most were made by the Erma company.

The smile in that manip is so out of place and so priceless!!!:clapping:
She has not yet noticed the guy wearing feldgrau, a stahlhelm and an MP40 just around the corner!:eek:

Not really a Schmeisser. That was the Allied nickname for them. In fact, Hugo Schmeisser and his company had nothing to do with the design. The gun was design by Heinrich Vollmer and most were made by the Erma company.
I know! Schmeisser manufactured only the magazines, but had its name on them. Hence the confusion.

With the Holiday season fully upon us and the specter of long customer service queues to be endured, I wondered what it would be like for Gunther if the new fallbeil malfunctioned during the initial warranty period:

death-execution-executioner-guillotine-customer_service-strange_product-jmp110117_low.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom