Forum glitches

Go to CruxDreams.com
Well, there is a practical consequence. Someone's point total could go negative. We don't have any categories for that. So, maybe we need some new ones
"spawn of Pan", "Spartacus brigand", "accursed of Jove", "captive of Pluto" for negative point totals.
This issue reminds me that some new members throughout the years have expressed their regret, that they 'make promotion' while being active on CF, and rather would have stayed 'condemned', the entry status. Negative points could then include status like 'flogged' or 'crucified'.:idea:

I am now also somehow unable to reply to people on a thread I made... is any progress being made on fixing this all?
Have you tried refreshing the screen before writing a reply. I have to do that every time. And, yes, hopefully things will be restored to proper working order soon.

Again… as I see it. … the site seems to be operating both as an https (secure) site and as an http (not secure) site. The latter seems to be the default. If your browser or phone/computer is set to distrust an http connection, you can’t reply or post until you’ve refreshed and forced the site to switch to https.

That is indeed one of the mysterious corners of our mighty Forums! I can only suppose XenForo observes a distinction between 'New' (3 this month) and 'Latest' (going back several more weeks).

That is indeed one of the mysterious corners of our mighty Forums! I can only suppose XenForo observes a distinction between 'New' (3 this month) and 'Latest' (going back several more weeks).
I suppose so, but offering more and forking up less is usually somewhat veiled in our days; here the effect reminds one of the chocolate rations business in 1984. Users writing more new stories would set things aright, but... :devil:

I don't really understand these things, so I'll post it here for those who might (a) know what it's all about and (b) might be concerned - in a regular newsletter from Malwarebytes, I read that in 3 months time uses of Windows 7 or 8.1 won't be able to use Chrome on their equipment, some agreement between Microsoft and Google expires then. I think some have mentioned they are using Windows 7 + Chrome (and it's not giving any probs with CF)?

I don't really understand these things, so I'll post it here for those who might (a) know what it's all about and (b) might be concerned - in a regular newsletter from Malwarebytes, I read that in 3 months time uses of Windows 7 or 8.1 won't be able to use Chrome on their equipment, some agreement between Microsoft and Google expires then. I think some have mentioned they are using Windows 7 + Chrome (and it's not giving any probs with CF)?
Since I upgraded the system to Linux Mint 20.3 (Una), I have to log in to CF every time I start a browser, even though the "stay logged in" box is checked. Otherwise no problems.

Since I upgraded the system to Linux Mint 20.3 (Una), I have to log in to CF every time I start a browser, even though the "stay logged in" box is checked. Otherwise no problems.

Another reason to thank the God of Gigabytes that I have a Mac.

-macbook-8267.jpg
And like this guy, it took me a while to learn how to use it. But once I lay down on my side, it got easier.

Hello
I have a recent pb when trying to download a picture from Cruxforum (cfr screenshot)
Pb on all chromium-based browsers (Google Chrome, Edge, Brave

This problem does not exist with Firefox

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-11-01 144334.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2022-11-01 144334.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 22
I understand that ImageMaker has found that his experiment has not made any significant difference to our costs, so he is going to re-set the system to the way things were, and, hopefully, we'll have fewer glitches.

Back
Top Bottom