Full moon night

Go to CruxDreams.com
***​

I just recently finished my studies and was now a proud postgraduate student with the hope of working at the University. I taught my first courses as a young beginning teacher, struggling hard with my innate shyness. I was renting a small studio apartment in the city and I was even pleased with myself, I could say - proud. Well, coming from a small town, I had reached the first stage of what some call a chance for success. Or even a success - yes, especially in a small town like the one I am from.

Me - a rather quiet and unremarkable boy from the provinces, was now living in a big city, planning my next life there, I had a chance to make a career. And my relatives were, I believe, proud of this situation. I remember well those smiles and the words of my parents' neighbours praising me when they found out about my diploma on our street, and even the full approval of the statements of the old parish priest who congratulated me on my success and wished me good luck ...

*​

The beginnings, of course, are always difficult. Perhaps I was too zealous and obedient to my new supervisor at work, I spent the afternoons at my desk full of bureaucratic tasks, only returning to my home, to this small and empty apartment in the evenings. The time was only for basic things - eat, prepare for work at next day… oh yes, every evening I managed to go for jogging, so that I kept me in good shape, but otherwise - there was not much time left. In addition, a large city, giving such an attractive feeling of anonymity, in my case supplemented it with uncomfortable loneliness and a sense of alienation. It is good that the time of the Internet made it easy to fill these gaps. Nevertheless, I knew that sooner or later it would have to be changed .. Yes, I have only recently been here in this situation, starting my first job and continuing my education! I was sure that with time everything would change in favour - after all, so many people around, so many great things in the modern world, so many great and beautiful girls, women ...

Women, girls! Doesn't everyone dream about them? Especially when it goes to such a place, a big city, where there are so many of them, so infinitely different, so attractive - it seems that the choice is endless. You're new here, they don't know your flaws, weaknesses, past stories yet. And to a young boy like me, almost everyone seems pretty, and you can fall in love with every other one. In addition, the next day you spot the next one when your heart is beating like crazy! It is even terrible - this possibility of choice, admiration, inability to decide. But it is even worse when you do not achieve success in this regard despite your great intentions ...

Yes, I really wanted to meet a girl - to meet and go out with her ... and oh, make love!

It didn't work - and I probably wasn't some "ugly". Probably everything was determined by shyness - I don't know. At times I was even desperate - in the evenings, in this small empty apartment, feeling lonely - satisfied with the images of "physical love" given on the Internet, and thus dreaming about it even more.

However, I met her - this girl. Or maybe I was met? I do not know? Was it a romantic love with a trembling heart, longing for a life and family together? I don't know either - probably not, it was something else that I didn't know, which I wasn't ready for.

Was I too naive, sincere?

... how she said, how well she dressed, often in dark colours ... and her figure, ... I dreamed and how I wanted her ...

She studied the history of painting and worked in a library. With her I felt like a student with a strict, beautiful teacher, although she was a bit younger than me ...

*​

I met her in the library, for the first time and then another, and I wanted to come over there to see her.

Then I saw her in the museum and it allowed me to sit with her, we drank coffee in the bistro at the entrance where tickets were sold, then two or three more times. And I was able to go to the library knowing I could offer her a coffee, spend those few fleeting moments with her. Then she talked about art, about paintings, her green eyes pulled me in, I dreamed of touching her slender hand, in the evenings I dreamed about her body, I wanted so much to invite her to the cinema, to the park, for my first dream date ... and my shyness of her was probably until funny ...

It was she who suggested a meeting of us, she wanted to show me the museum, part with paintings. She finished her studies, the history of painting, and was working on her diploma thesis. It was amazing to be there, with her, to listen to her stories, to be able to tell endlessly about each of the greats whose works were exhibited here. Yes, it was the first unforgettable first time meeting, something more than a short coffee at work. Then there was the second time… and the third time. Then I ran away. I chickened out.

*​

The second meeting (a date?) Was not as "official" as the first, quite the opposite. I gave her a flower, which she accepted with a smile penetrating my heart, we talked more loosely, I felt more at ease, I also asked what she was working on in her diploma thesis and she wanted to show it to me. Or maybe it was the other way around? Maybe she wanted to show me this work? … I do not know. I wanted to see what she was working on, and she showed me around the exhibition of Francisco Goya's paintings, showing me his graphics. It was a temporary exhibition, the works that came here were lent by another museum, such well-known works ... and there were also these horrors, terrible images of the war in Spain ... but it did not bother her, she spoke calmly about art, about graphics in painting about the history she knew so well ...

Right after that, we went to the park, to the river. How very sweet, cheerful and girlish she was, brightened in her shy smile, how different than before, beyond recognition ...

We were sitting on the grass when she asked if I would like to help her with her diploma thesis, that she needs a model, that I am fit. I wanted to, and her smile was enough encouragement and reward for me. But I was ashamed when she said what the matter was, yes, I was very embarrassed by that .. but I said: for you so beautiful .. I will do as you like ... Her smile, her lips sweet so close, I would like to kiss her, and not even her hands I was holding. She told me not to be ashamed, because she likes me, that being a model is nothing special, that it's normal in her field ... that I won't be the only one ... and that she likes me ... that I can always tell her that I don't want ... that it's nothing, nothing special ... that she understands my confusion well ... that I don't have to be ashamed of her ... that she likes me ... that I certainly fit this ... so kind she was, understanding .. and I wanted so much that she would be like that for me .. I wanted what she wishes, .. for her so beautiful ... I couldn't disagree ...

2.jpg
I couldn't disagree ...

*​

*​

I came to her, to the museum, at the next day, to the back room where she worked. Her work was entitled: "We - the people of today - in the world of yesterday." She compiled the works of the great Francisco Goya -"wizard and sorcerer", as she used to say, with volunteers blended into the background of his paintings - the life that ran so faithfully presented then, the past of the bygone world with today's people, who only seemingly different from those of yesterday ... so that they would understand that then .. as if today was. So they were in bullfighting, in the royal court, in the streets of local cities.. But the works of the witch doctor not only life, but also death, and war's horror showed.

And as in the studio, on the large screen, for my role she displayed the background chosen by her, this black and white image, gloomy graphics and the face of a hussar looking at me, in front of which I was to stand under a terrible tree gallows, such as those on which others were already hanging ... when his stern gaze on the screen, which flashed alive, seemed suddenly ... I couldn't, I couldn't, and whispering apologizing to her, I left...

3.jpg

the face of a hussar looking at me

*​

My shame grew with the distance, and with this shame chased I returned to m flat, … despairing that I had not done it for her, that I had failed her. And then at night, in my thoughts full of despair, ... I finally fell asleep - and then I received a message sent to me by e-mail from her, ... a picture intended for me, the background, the scene from which I had run away. But I slept dreaming a strange, black and white dream, seeing her in this dream ... in front of me, sitting with her back to me, against the background of a strange .. wasteland indistinct image ... with something in front of her .. blurred .. but when I wanted to tell her something to her, to explain why I ran away today, I let her down - I suddenly saw her staring at me ... with her gaze like daggers stabbing, waiting, serpent ...

4.jpg

5.jpg
suddenly staring at me ... with her eyes like daggers, waiting, serpent ...

And when the day got up, the light of normality filled the world, in the morning, not knowing what to do, I walked from wall to wall, I opened a message from her. And then I put up the projector, on the white wall of my room I projected the image from her, as if on a screen, large, on a natural scale. And the contour of the cut tree filled the space completely, so real, with the size appropriate for me ... .. and in the hussar’s face looking - the threatening, malevolent, full of satisfaction face, - frightened by him and by what I am doing, standing in front of a rope loop at the foot of a tree, I unzipped my trousers, lowering them down onto my feet .. whispering softly to him "do it with me" ... as she wanted ...

A camera mounted on a tripod took a photo that I sent her ... my Valentine's Day gift for her ...

6.jpg
"Do it with me ... .. will I fit here?"

*​

*​

And then we met ... at work ... she wanted to talk to me. She thanked me for the decision and for the sent photo. We were two, she was leaning against the wall, talking to me, talking about this project .. That she had already edited this photo, that her exhibition has a set date, that she would invite me to see ... That she wasn't sure of the effect before, whether it would be successful or fit for her job, but now she knows. She showed me ... this reworked image and she was pleased ... and I saw myself ... there ... I was there ... and I couldn't say anything - I just looked dumb ...

And in a serious voice she said, hiding her work, that she wanted to do one more attempt, with a different background, that she would call me, that I would meet her thesis supervisor, her mentor ...

She also said that she liked me, that she would reward for what I did for her ... and I still ashamed - by her presence next to me and the image just shown to me - seeing her smile, her green eyes wonderfully charming ... yes, yes … I whispered ...

7.jpg
"We - the people of today - in the world of yesterday"
"Nightmares of the past no.1”

8.jpg

Exhibition of works

9.jpg

End and Beginning

Epilog

… …​

I wanted to show my fascination with the works of Bobinder (Bobnearled), a great artist, thanks to which the figure of his favourite model, Alice, became for me the embodiment of a muse that inspired me, accompanying me whole time when I was creating parts of this larger story.
Thank you for your compliments, wikk. This is an intriguing beginning. I like the way you are presenting the character inspired by Alice - she seems to be suitably mysterious and enigmatic. I believe the paintings are the work of Francisco Goya. This is beautifully written, and it will be very interesting to see how it develops.

Edit - and I see that the story has already developed in a fascinating way - and so has Goya's artwork. Welcome to the ensemble of Alice authors and photo manipulators! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the positive reception of this short story. All these opinions and likes mean a lot to me, especially when such well-known personalities from this forum have awarded them. And your words, Master Bobinder, are an obligation to me, a challenge that may be difficult to achieve. I will try...

Unfortunately, I haven't included the epilogue of this story yet - although I know it would be much better to give it right away. But I just set a "deadline" to publish what can be presented this weekend or finally on Monday. I think I will add a short finish soon. But .. by assumption, this is an introduction to the next bigger parts - I wish I finish them in a reasonable future. And will find courage for presentation …

Lady Melissa - my avatar - many years ago I chose it from proposed on forum for us - thinking that it is most suitable for me. I would much more prefer background with stony desert - not arena, but was not such variant present then. And I got used to it, maybe the background should be changed someday. But the original version of this scene pointed to the direct intention of castration of that poor victim by the girls. Maybe that would be quite symbolic for me, but I believe it would have been spared me by their grace .. (another thing, it's definitely not my fantasy). And those years ago, I redoed this picture, taking a knife and a basket from their beautiful hands. However, now I think, holding a knife by one of girls is much better - maybe she just wants to shorten the torment of the executed person? In any case, he is in their gracious but also dangerous (armed with power) hands ...

And your words, Master Bobinder, are an obligation to me, a challenge that may be difficult to achieve. I will try...
Thank you, wikk. I am looking forward to seeing how your ideas develop. I appreciate that the creative process takes time, and so we must be patient. :)
Meanwhile, your story thus far has been reviewed here -

Almost a month has passed when I started the mini story “Promise”. To end it I needed only little epilogue what I intended to do in few days. But “life I brutal” and it turned out to be more time-consuming for me as I thought. I was not quite sure which direction to choose. Especially difficult was idea of using “installation” what was inconsistent with my feelings.
It is epilogue for the little story but I named it: “I knew that”. I’m not sure if it is interesting or well written (with my imperfect English), but I wrote how my heart dictated …

Epilog

„I knew that ..”

And it was also supposed to be a short performer. Only them and me ...

- Hi, it's good you're here, I knew you wouldn't be late ... it would be fun to do it right? ... are you ready? .. - Oh he is, for sure, restless, but ready .. as he always was,… and what is not done for art? ..…

- oh, now you will not run away? …

- .. I really appreciate you doing it for me .. .. you fit this project for me ..
.. now you can also give it up .. .. and you know that I will return you a favour .. .. I like you after all ...

- ... you're great for this ..., ... concentrate and be ready ... dream, oh yeah ... remember the script ...
... I'll guide you ...

- .. remember the scenario .. concentrate .. don't spoil it .. .... you have to try now ... I will guide you! …

- … ..you fit me in this project .. now you will not escape? .. I will guide you! …

The half-open door opened to the master's colorful paintings ... "The Flight of Witches", "Woodcutters" ... Originals or reproductions? I didn't think about it ...

………………….
…………

Scenario - I had to repeat how to act so that it would come out naturally and efficiently, without unnecessary explains at the place what to do. But the page was blank ... only in the upper left corner there was a handwritten note, as if the advice: "be yourself, the real you, after all you are doing it for me" ... But the real thing in me was lack of peace and a feeling of uncertainty, the feeling that I was totally submissive and I can only go there and do what I agreed to ...

I felt it was time. The last sip of water given to me by the older woman. A heavy door, ajar, to the room where they are already waiting. I'm going in. This is the last of all rooms, long and narrow, L-shaped. There behind the bend, at the end where the light is beating, there is a wall against which I am supposed to pose - this blank, white wall serving as a screen, a wall on which any background can be displayed …

There is twilight behind the door which I enter in silence. I am anxious and worried about what I do, what I participate in, the "Flight of witches" and "Woodcutters" on the wall strip the oak branches ... On a chair standing against the wall, a picture of Poussin, as if not fitting here, delicately illuminated by a ray of light falling through the ajar door - or waiting for an moving to another room?? ..

1.jpg
Venus, Faun and Putti (Nymph on the goat)

I close the door behind me and I walk through the semi-darkness of this hall, it is silent, but they must be there. I pass the works of F. Goya, hung on the walls, barely visible in the twilight ... Warning tape on the small posts, a red line of plastic and a sign with the words "installation of a temporary exhibition, do not enter" .. end of the wall, corner, 90 degrees …

... I pass around it, trembling and with a pounding heart, with a poignant feeling of the image, of the nightmare projected on the wall, this background on which I am supposed to appear, to perform … And .. what a relief, I can only see a white wall lit up with light, only black and white, indistinct figures of people, in costumes from the past and today, silhouettes of several soldiers, in Napoleonic costumes - all on the wall slightly to the side shown, as if looking on some point inside the hall … … but in front of them ... in front of them, in the middle of the Hall, ...

... but in front of them, in the middle ... lit from above, like a theater stage ... as if true, real ... worse than everything imagined ... terrifying ...
.. INSTALLATION ...

… … ...

- Whatever has made your model pale... lest he run away again… or pass out here! ... - this is what the elder says, her mentor, her career, and I look at her face thoughtlessly ... - .. do not be afraid, we will not castrate you ... oh, their works always shock ... everyone ...,

- Don't be afraid, don't be afraid! ... ... no any castration, no more mutilations, it doesn't suit me here and I will change it, I promise ... ... but this branch always seemed empty to me ... as if this place was waiting for someone ... oh, please don't faint here ... I told you that I would reward you ... you will be whole ... without any mutilations ... I promise …

- Oh, he probably would like you to wake him up, young lady ... perhaps with your kiss ... ...

2.jpg
Stage from „artists”

…………………………..

I didn't run away… it was just a few photos… the installation was valuable, was used only as the background against which I was placed…. and I tried not to think, look or see what I am standing among ...

- It turned out very well ... I heard her say ... - ... and ready ... you can go now, I'll call to you ...

So I took my things and walked away, leaving them behind ... I heard them still talking ...

.. interesting idea my dear ... we'll see how it turns out ... one more character ... and this boy suitable ... ... I think Master Goya missed something, or he was there too early ... oh, I'm kidding ... …

I got dressed around the corner of the room, it was chilly. The graphics on the walls, barely visible in the twilight, hid past events … my eyes, already accustomed to the dim light, recognized the madness and atrocities of the war in Spain ... I felt as if I belonged to this world now, as if what was shown would meet me there ..., I was walking faster and faster, wanting to leave the museum building, ... only this her smile full of distance and satisfaction ... this greenness of her eyes ... how did she know? How did she know? ... was it just a coincidence?

Why did I do this? ... why did I agree? ... stupid, stupid, stupid ...

…. …. … …

This picture ... my childhood memory ... as a boy I looked at books in the library and by chance it fell into my hands, I looked at it with childish curiosity ... and there were these pictures, there were these graphics, also this graphic ...

This graphic! ... which stuck in my brain, which I could not forget, with this image the most shocked ... Then, looking fervently at the shelf with old books, and seeing the spine of this book, ... when no one was there, I opened it again, on this page for a short while - closing my eyes in terror, quickly putting it back in place, so that no one of the adults noticed what I am watching … so many years ago… so long ago that I forgot… I forgot! … ... but this place was waiting for me - until I grew up, until my body became similar to those ... to those which shocked me so much with their adulthood ... and now me, my alike those too, matching there ...

"Just the right boy ... just grown up ...
... this place was waiting for him ... ... one branch is empty ... "

I was dizzy as I walked out the main door of the museum … - Hello, young man! … an old porter calling me from behind the glass of her duty room ... ... - Miss asked me to give it to you, ... she is so cute, right? ... This is the daughter of the Director, … sometimes she asks me to pass a souvenir from her for those who posed for her ...

…………………………

I got home and there I opened the envelope given to me. There was a picture inside - a small reproduction of Franz von Lenbach's "Voluptas".
And a handwritten note on the back - I will not forget you, we will meet again, I will not deceive you ...

3.jpg
Voluptas

At night I drank, got drunk with a bottle of wine that I wanted to open with her ... I wanted to not think about anything ... I was ashamed, there was still this strange fear in me and there was a feeling that it was not good. ... I was deeply saddened to think that she would not be my girlfriend, that my dreams about her were pure fantasy, that I had never been a partner for her, not even a friend - rather nobody ... another toy without meaning. I fell asleep without hope for relief, drunk, but I still dreamed about her, creating in myself hopes to meet her, wanting to still please her, to be still attractive to her, ... consoling myself with a note from her gift, I was whispering her name, … "for her, so beautiful" …
... she visited me in my dream .. .. the image of her looking at me remained in my memory ...

***​

***​

It was a Friday morning, early spring beginning, and for me it was a day off. I had everything ready and now I was walking through the city streets back to my flat. I was trying to prepare myself mentally, to direct my psyche. I had just finished my studies and I was on a scholarship ... I imagined it was 1811, that I was there in Spain during the Civil War, … that I should get there to the place of my apprenticeship as a young teacher - of my first job ...

I went up the staircase ... I entered my empty, small apartment ... the projector projected on the white wall the figures of soldiers in Napoleonic costumes, the speech synthesizer demanded to show travel documents, take out all the things I was carrying in my suitcase ..

... the projected image changed ... the recorded voice uttered a series of loud demands of the hussar looking at me ... my hands were wrapped in a tight thick rope and I was kneeling in front of him, terrified ...
... a hook was screwed into the wall and a ladder stood beneath it, and behind the hussar, a broken oak was visible against the wall, its dry, protruding branch overlapping the hook ... the terrible, dead bodies on the monstrous tree were not castrated ....

4.jpg
.. please remember me ..

5.jpg
... she visited me in a dream ... her image remained in my memory ...

... there ... in Her world ... in Her domain ... in the future of the past world ... will She remember me??? …

6.JPG
“Nightmares of the past - Disasters of War No.39”, Gallery of Art …

Almost a month has passed when I started the mini story “Promise”. To end it I needed only little epilogue what I intended to do in few days. But “life I brutal” and it turned out to be more time-consuming for me as I thought. I was not quite sure which direction to choose. Especially difficult was idea of using “installation” what was inconsistent with my feelings.
It is epilogue for the little story but I named it: “I knew that”. I’m not sure if it is interesting or well written (with my imperfect English), but I wrote how my heart dictated …
Thank you @wikk , for the continuation of your intriguing story. I have enjoyed reading this as much as the first part. As before, I have attempted a review in the other thread. I appreciate that you have been exploring some complicated themes, and if you consider that I have misinterpreted anything, please feel free to challenge my conclusions. :)

***​

It was a Friday morning, early spring beginning, and for me it was a day off. I had everything ready and now I was walking through the city streets back to my flat. I was trying to prepare myself mentally, to direct my psyche. I had just finished my studies and I was on a scholarship ... I imagined it was 1811, that I was there in Spain during the Civil War, … that I should get there to the place of my apprenticeship as a young teacher - of my first job ...

I went up the staircase ... I entered my empty, small apartment ... the projector projected on the white wall the figures of soldiers in Napoleonic costumes, the speech synthesizer demanded to show travel documents, take out all the things I was carrying in my suitcase ..

... the projected image changed ... the recorded voice uttered a series of loud demands of the hussar looking at me ... my hands were wrapped in a tight thick rope and I was kneeling in front of him, terrified ...
... a hook was screwed into the wall and a ladder stood beneath it, and behind the hussar, a broken oak was visible against the wall, its dry, protruding branch overlapping the hook ... the terrible, dead bodies on the monstrous tree were not castrated ....

View attachment 938519
.. please remember me ..

View attachment 938520

... there ... in Her world ... in Her domain ... in the future of the past world ... will She remember me??? …

View attachment 938521
Thank you for the short story Wikk. Your whole thread is wonderfully intriguing. The glimpse inside your mind adds so much value to the story. I am a huge Alice fan and the way you have taken her out of her 'normal CF context' to portray her almost in 'real life' is excellent. Very good work my friend.

***​

View attachment 938519
.. please remember me ..

View attachment 938520

View attachment 938521

The boundaries between art, fantasy, desire blur . . . the young man is invited to become an artwork himself, invited to enter the fantasy of his mysterious woman, and the experience takes hold of him powerfully.

Very interesting work, Wik

I can't claim to understand everything here. There is at least implied peril, but a sense of destiny as well, of desire. The story reads almost like a poem - words and images wedded together to form a dream. Well done, wikk! :)

Maybe some of you - visiting this this thread lying on the outskirts of the Forum - know the classic painting of Poul Thumann: The three Fates.

The_Three_Fates_by_Paul_Thumann.jpg

The Fates are here presented in an rather unusual way - as the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone what is today rather archetype of Wiccan’s Triple Goddess. Each of figures symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle and a phase of the Moon, and also rules of the realms of heavens, earth, and underworld.

There is also second picture – I don’t remember how I got it. This image strongly influences my fantasy, my dreams. Week ago, after a long time, I looked at it again – this awoke something strong in me and I have to write quickly something like a “poem”, which I would like share with you, wanting also an excuse to recall the picture here.

The reason was also the desire to return to this forgotten, even by me, thread

I tried to translate this short poem, unfortunately, translating of such text where wordplay and words arrangement matters, is a breakneck task - especially with my poor knowledge of English.
place.jpg

WHY

Why do I belong in this place ?,

Why does it appear to me at night ?,

Why are the three waiting – the blooming, the bloomed, the withering ...?

When going there, the old bones under my feet crunch I hear,

Barefoot on scorched earth, sharp spikes of stones stepping,

And the eyes of they are on me, in my dream...

Wide open, into apple of my eyes staring,

Into windows of my soul, open before them, they look into,

Shape from the inside …

To I would sense, to I would desire - this place,

To I belong to it … And why?!

for Them, for Her,

With three faces, of many Names Lady...

In the light of the full moon, in the dusk, in the dawn,

Their faces countenances staring at me,

When I am going to this place, this is where I belong...

Without knowing why I step barefoot on blades of stones,

Among the old bones, poles mockingly prickling at the sky,

Three their faces …

what can cause the mood of the moment and graphics ...

Attachments

• Why.jpg
    Why.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 104
I would like to show my new mini-story (I am not sure if this term “min-story” is correct for this).

This “story” is sad/tragic in general, also for me personally, maybe also drastic in his character. I was not sure if I should show it publicly, I considered it long time - maybe because of its personal character. It was here also big problem with translation, but not only. Original text assumed some kind of rhythm, what I intended to preserve in translation, which turned out to be impossible.

Crucial for my decision of the presentation was advice given me by Lady Eulalia with her kind and invaluable help - proofreading the translation and partial arrangement of the text. Now, before all here I would say again: Thank you very, very much Lady Eulalia!

I hope this short, illustrated text will not disappoint the readers …

Mother who sees her young son …

Adgan (Wikk) with help of Eulalia

.. .. .. on Friday when the Demon of Despair whispers to a mother …

A mother sees her young, only son being led to death, to crucifixion, to the most terrible and shameful end ... she sees him in the street of their city, sees him round a corner, in despair ... she sees him from afar, sees her son in front of the crowd, in front of the city, before them all, as they lead him on ... and they will remember him as a criminal, and her as the mother of a criminal, as the mother of the one they gave up to Golgotha...

mother 1.jpg

… …

… … …

… mother ... she took him, without asking anyone, for her own entertainment, she took your son – she, Queen of the Succubi, the Immortal, the Terrible ... just for her own pleasure, she saw him and took him, because she could ... so to Her was your son given, a young man, in the prime of his life, and she took him to herself, so he would worship the Lustful, the Great Babylonian Goddess, worship Her with his blood and his passion, with his young body, .. so that he would adore Her with all his being ... and before the judge he denied the Saviour ...

… and his seed of life will not be passed on, he will be a disgrace to all his ancestors, a shame for all people, for you, for this city … an ugly image, welcoming those who pass by on their way into its gates, while death will take him, little by little, for a long time, in this most terrible place, this fearful, filthy place of corpses, a place of horror, a place of screaming and moaning, crying and lamenting, suffering, sorrow, pain, overlooking the refuse of the city.. in this most terrible place, there he will die and no one will help him…

you will cry in your small room, not coming out, ashamed that people will see you .. you will be no help, you will not be able to do anything, you will know that he is there, that everyone can watch him dying, watch how the succubi and the she-devil Lilith are having their fun with him … how they are playing with him, your son, stretched out above the ground, on the tree reserved for the worst, on the tree of shame…

you will know that he is moaning and crying out there, that he’s calling for you, that he’s calling on your Nazarene for mercy - but you know that nothing will save him and that demonesses are playing with him, with your son, they are raping him there, in front of the people, under Heaven, in front of everyone ... and he will hang there, dying, crying, tormented, ending his life there like the worst, an unclean animal that can’t even die … until he breathes his last...

and he will stay there, they will not let you take him and bury him ... and he will not rise again, like the Nazarene did ... his corpse will be left there, above the pit of ever-burning filth, outside the city, hanging on a gallows, numbered with the worst ...

and they will peck him, tear him apart .. his body will be pecked by corpse-eaters, vultures, ravens ... the cadaver of your son, hanging by the road, in everyone’s sight ... the eyes will be pecked out first, the genitals, the belly will be torn and the viscera will be pulled out, flies will swarm and lay eggs, ... and the ravaged corpse will hang unburied, people walking along the road will pass by in horror and in silence ...

and you'll know that he is there .. sprinkling your head with ashes in shame, humiliated, in hiding from the people ... and maybe later, some day you will go there - to look for bones ... unburied remnants of him, your son ..., ... after some time, they will take off what’s left of body, throw it into the pit, and then the wild dogs will spread the bones among the scarps of meat across the dump, over this place of dirt, the place of shame, below the crosses ... only the pecked-out skull, cut off with a shovel, will be kicked and flung down in disgust under the crooked pole at the Place of Execution where other heads, bare skulls, lie in a heap, the heads of the worst garbage of the human race, of the damned, not buried but left here, in this place, skulls that the next to be led to be executed will pass by, their welcome to Golgotha...

and, mother, you will look through these skulls in madness, in grief, when no one will be there, when no one will see you ... looking for him, fearing you will not recognise him, scrabbling to find his head there ...

… …

… … …

And yesterday he was exposed in a cage in the square .. where criminals are exposed in shame before the people ... and they told you about it ... do you know? ... do you know?! ... your son! … your son! - condemned! ... in the square ... exposed! ... and not believing ... not believing you walked ... rushed ... to see a crowd of people watching from a distance, in the marketplace, the main square of the city ... the cages where they are put ... after the judge pronounces their sentences ... on Thursdays – and then there - in the courtyard, at the top of the steps, beneath the throne where he, the Roman ruler, sits … shown to Elders …

mother 3.jpg

And above the heads of the crowd, from a distance, you saw his name written on the board, fixed on the cage ... and you couldn't approach anymore ... you were almost fainting, for you saw the shadowed form through people ... that yes! it was him ... you recognized him right away ... your son, in a cage, standing ... before the crowd ... in a cage where convicts are put ... to be shown to the city … for a whole day ...

And then, your fear mounting, you asked ... why? what's happened ... it was a mistake ... you wanted to do something, ... anything! ... and praying in your mind ... to the Nazarene ... to Yahweh ... you took the last coins in your purse to go to the Elder above the Law ... but you were not allowed in ... so you knelt before one of the Elders of the Jewish people, kissing his hand, pressing your pennies into it, prostrating yourself for help ... you begged in tears for help for your son - it was a mistake, your son is good and could not do anything against the Law ... but he pushed you away ... all you Christians have to be killed! he roared ... and then you cried, you cried with bitter tears, hidden in your little room…

And in the evening you went there ... when the city square was empty, you looked at the empty cages ... in front of the walls and gate of the Praetorium of the Roman guard who was standing there, you begged what you could do, you asked ... what can be done!? ... you knelt down and grabbed his hand, you started kissing it, but he took it from your mouth ... and the pennies, all your money that you pressed into his hand he threw away ... Go away woman! he said ... tomorrow you will know the justice of Rome, which treats everyone alike ... the fruit of disobedience will be revealed, and the son whom you have begotten and raised ... Lord, Lord ... he is scarcely more than a boy, he's a good young man ... he has done nothing wrong ... I beg you ... as he deserves, answered, he will be raised up on the throne that they will give him ... one that's suitable for him ...…

Last edited:
... and it was night, dark and long, the night of a mother asking for mercy, for rescue for her son, praying .... and the day came ... Friday ... Friday, the day on which once your Master was led there ...

oh, your whole neighbourhood will know ... no-one will want to talk to you, no-one will even want to see you ...

you have a daughter ... you have a daughter, younger than him, yes? ... does she know? … will she find out? .. will she learn about her brother?

you come back home, swooning ... in your room curled up, trembling, lying, silently mouthing his name ... you're still praying ... you're still longing for a miracle ... you do not know if ... or ... yes ... did they do ...

you remember how it was then ... how His Mother suffered ... there ... She was there ... she was supported by His disciple ... She - weeping, sympathising, suffering with Him ...

is already time? … is he already there? ... there ... beyond the gates ... in that land of horrors... in the place of death ... or ... already?… God! ... God! ... is he there? ... is it already done?

so you lie, curled up ... poor mother .... what did her son do? a good, handsome young son ... why did he do ... something ... there, far away ... there, in the harvest time ... they say with some girl ...

terrible shame seizes you! … shame on your son! ... how is it possible, he is a good boy, with a good heart, always supportive and helpful, not devoted to evil ways ... why?! ...

an hour, two, three hours pass .. you listen to each sound ... behind the door of your little room ... do you want to remember how he was here last? ... when was it? … when?…

There is nothing more dreadful ... nothing more fearful ...

and, in your eyes, you have this image from yesterday - this image of the city square, people, cages ... you saw him from afar ... and today! … it's terrible, it's terrible!! … God, God!… yes … how for a moment you did see that awful procession ... and him .. him!

you recognized him right away, from afar ... your son ... for a so shortly moment looking ... for the briefest moment ... from around the corner, hidden behind the wall ... you watched ... as they walked, a crowd of people around ... and him ... God! … my son! ... bent to the ground, small, skinny, with a terrible huge beam on his shoulders! ... so very thin, without clothes, bent to the ground with that beam! ... trembling, led by a rope around his neck ... whipped ... God! God! .. scourged ... so cruelly wounded ... red with blood ... on his back, his behind, blood all over ... God ... God ... my son ... my son ... his face ... so scared ... so tormented …

mother 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom