Hexenschlaf

Go to CruxDreams.com

damhouder

Assistant executioner
One of the main features of the European witch hunts which lasted for several hundred years and caused an estimated 30 to 50,000 executions was that the devil himself accompanied the witch in the torture chamber as she was being questioned. What might look like a single naked or near naked woman was in fact just the visible part of a vast conspiracy against the human race initiated by the forces of evil with the witch herself the only one capable of seeing her infernal master. Which necessitated the extreme measures being taken to protect the Godly and hopefully save the soul of the accused before she went to the stake. One of the devices of the devil being that with his assistance she went into a deep sleep. There are countless passages where it is noted by the scribe of this supposed sleep, which of course was the natural body reaction to extreme pain in the form of a fainting spell. In one trial I've read of there is mentioned how the accused slept for a good half hour while being stretched on the ladder until the torturer awakened her by burning sulfur under her nose. I think in the reworking of actual history with erotic aspect of BDSM this witch's sleep could be utilized to show the witch cavorting with her devilish master and being aroused sexually right in the full view of those questioning and torturing her with little to show for their efforts. There's many talented people who have artistic gifts on this site, and I wonder if any could be so good as to submit a work on this theme of the hexenschlaf.

Albert von Keller (well known here also for his painting of a crucified woman ) has a 'Hexenschlaf' illustration
View attachment 922252View attachment 922251
Yes, that painting must have been fairly well known in the 19th century judging by all the internet references. The more specific incidence of a witch sleep I'm referring to was the anxiety of those conducting trials and especially torture that the suspect had some trick up their sleeve to keep silent. Which also was such a handy excuse for stripping, shaving and deep searches especially of "shameful parts not to be named." I would suggest in this scenario to utilize the normal sequence of torture and then add on the BDSM element that what was supposed to be painful enough to bring out a confession instead felt for the witch as if she was having masturbation, cunnilingus and other pleasures performed upon her. Which is akin to what Rupert utilized in his imaginative story. The actual history can serve as the setting and the added and imaginative details can be utilized for the desired level of kink.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see the text in Malin's, or Damhouder's second post. I can still see Malin's text in Damhouder's reply, but I can't see his actual reply. In Malin's post, I see "Albert von Keller (well known here also for his painting of a crucified woman ) has a 'Hexenschlaf' illustration" and then just the two pictures.

Yes, that painting must have been fairly well known in the 19th century judging by all the internet references. The more specific incidence of a witch sleep I'm referring to was the anxiety of those conducting trials and especially torture that the suspect had some trick up their sleeve to keep silent. Which also was such a handy excuse for stripping, shaving and deep searches especially of "shameful parts not to be named." ...Which is akin to what Rupert utilized in his imaginative story.
I don't know the story you're mentioning - "Rupert's imaginative story" ... this pic was just the only one I know referring to the idea.
this witch's sleep could be utilized to show the witch cavorting with her devilish master and being aroused sexually right in the full view of those questioning and torturing her with little to show for their efforts.
... so you're envisioning maybe a scene where, while being tortured, the witch is being 'comforted' or pleasured by a demonic visitation... the demon would only be visible to the witch (and a knowing onlooker who's initiated into the dark arts) I guess?

I can't see the text in Malin's, or Damhouder's second post. I can still see Malin's text in Damhouder's reply, but I can't see his actual reply. In Malin's post, I see "Albert von Keller (well known here also for his painting of a crucified woman ) has a 'Hexenschlaf' illustration" and then just the two pictures.
Yes, there was an error in the coding, I've edited it now and you should be able to read Damhouder's reply.

I don't know the story you're mentioning - "Rupert's imaginative story" ... this pic was just the only one I know referring to the idea.

... so you're envisioning maybe a scene where, while being tortured, the witch is being 'comforted' or pleasured by a demonic visitation... the demon would only be visible to the witch (and a knowing onlooker who's initiated into the dark arts) I guess?
When you read historical accounts of witch trials there are a very large number of instances where a witch would be tortured, retract, tortured again and while making a new confession often in her defense mention that the devil had been with her, they'd had the usual sexual encounter, and she'd once again promised herself to him. It's impossible not to notice how much witch trials were immersed in sexuality. Women in that era of the European witch hunts (1500's to early 1700's) were acknowledged as fully sexual beings. In fact a common complaint of the witch hunters was that women were insatiable in their carnality, which lead them to fall into alliance with the devil. And there was an obsession among the male officials of fears of impotence. Or to put it slightly crudely, they couldn't get it up anymore so it was obviously the doings of the devil.

The witch trial of Bader-Ann you've posted is in many respects typical. An accused witch would be tortured, make a confession to some extent and then be brought back multiple times to clarify the harm she had inflicted on man and beast, and most prominently, the sordid details of her sexual contact with the devils or lesser demons. If she had described the devil's cock as being two feet long the first time, it was to her benefit to describe it as being three feet long in the next torture. By the legal reasoning of the time all witches were inveterate liars and the only way they would ever tell the truth was by means of torture either applied or at least threatened. Which explains why in some jurisdictions even accused witches who confessed immediately would still be tortured or threatened with torture just to insure that they weren't holding back the truth, especially as to the sordid details of liaisons with demons and who were their human accomplices.

That I think would be an excellent plot device. There could be two parallel tracks going in the torture chamber. In one we would see what the court officials see, which is a naked woman being stretched on the ladder or in strappado, etc. while the other track would be the perspective of the witch herself, who sees not a torturer but a devil of some sort performing oral sex or having intercourse with her, using a dildo or some other pleasurable device.

Back
Top Bottom