In praise of the pillory

Go to CruxDreams.com
(Slightly) off-topic....but bear with "moi".
As some of you
 may recall I purchased a second-hand "Predicament Bench" AKA the "Spanish Donkey"....
Well I've had an evil idea,of maybe modifying it into a Pillory,albeit,with some judicial extra parts. ;)
Two devices for the price of one !! :)
The equipment is manufactured to be Height-adjustable,dismantled and reassembled. So...Why not ?!
Your thoughts please. (??)
Here's a few pics....

20240504_104340.jpg20240504_104517.jpgIMG_20231223_122710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(Slightly) off-topic....but bear with "moi".
As some of you
 may recall I purchased a second-hand "Predicament Bench" AKA the "Spanish Donkey"....
Well I've had an evil idea,of maybe modifying it into a Pillory,albeit,with some judicial extra parts. ;)
Two devices for the price of one !! :)
The equipment is manufactured to be Height-adjustable,dismantled and reassembled. So...Why not ?!
Your thoughts please. (??)
Here's a few pics....

View attachment 1468545View attachment 1468546View attachment 1468547
Work in progress...so far.
(Spot the difference.)
Screenshot_20240509_224543_Gallery.jpg

It's going to be a horse/pillory combination, I think.

(Please don't make the wrist and neck holes too big).
@wulf Yes you've got the general gist of it.:)
The two items can be used together or separately,I'm also  hoping the Horse is high enough to fit under the lower part of my 'X'-Cross...which gives plenty of scope for manoeuvre...

I'm sure the Neck hole
 should be safely large enough,and there's always wrist-cuffs to lock the victim's hands in place....there's a long way to go yet...there's the "small matter: of the base to contend with,as well as cutting out the all-important holes !!

@wulf Yes you've got the general gist of it.:)
The two items can be used together or separately,I'm also  hoping the Horse is high enough to fit under the lower part of my 'X'-Cross...which gives plenty of scope for manoeuvre...

I'm sure the Neck hole
 should be safely large enough,and there's always wrist-cuffs to lock the victim's hands in place....there's a long way to go yet...there's the "small matter: of the base to contend with,as well as cutting out the all-important holes !!
Oh yes, safety first for the neck hole for sure.

A drill powered hole saw would be handy for the wrist holes, maybe 2.75" to 3" would be close enough to not require cuffs.
e23386c9-dd83-4f9a-b545-815d316d6e6d.065ead8edec463a5db2de1f1c1718d21.jpg

Oh yes, safety first for the neck hole for sure.

A drill powered hole saw would be handy for the wrist holes, maybe 2.75" to 3" would be close enough to not require cuffs.
View attachment 1472210
@wulf
Aw thanks  ever so much for that very helpful info regarding the saw-bit. :aaaaa:
I've just ordered a 75mm cutter.
Work is herewith temporarily suspended, regards the holes.
But there's the tricky subject of the base to deal with in the meantime....

Back
Top Bottom