• Religious

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Non-religious

Votes: 67 74.4%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com

JustJJ

Governor
I’ve been having this conversation in direct messages and the thread on how the idea of crucifixion started for us. I thought I’d start a thread to directly ask the question: are you religious? In the responses I’d like to also ask the follow up questions: what religion do you follow? Is the symbol of crucifixion religiously significant to you? And the most interesting part to me…do you separate your religious beliefs from your sexual fetish for crucifixion/torture? Or is it integrated with your beliefs?

I was raised Christian but I was so terrified of sexual impurity that I never allowed myself to see the sexual aspects of my interest in torture and crucifixion until I no longer believed in any deity. I’m an atheist now.

Went to Lutheran Church as a little kid which is definitely where I became exposed to all the crucifixion imagery. We dropped out of going to church by the time I was 10 or so though and I've been agnostic/functionally atheist for basically my whole adolescent and adult life. Whereas my torture fantasies have only grown stronger...

So...no? Not really.

From my perspective, I believe that these two concepts are distinct and should not be viewed as mutually exclusive. The existence or presence of one does not necessarily invalidate or contradict the other.

what if you have an asphyxiation fantasy and you like hanging? cant you be religious?
what if you like beheading? cant you be religious?
What if you like light-bdsm? cant you be religious?
what if you are gay? cant you be religious?

I think a better question would be to ask more generally not just for crucifixion "Is it possible to receive pleasure by fantasizing someone suffering and still be religious?"

Well, probably if a priest read all the above he would answer simply "NO", though I'm going to answer "YES".

In my opinion as far as it concerns only the fantasy and you don't enjoy inflicting real pain or watching someone suffering in RL, you can be religious.
I believe you can be religious regardless of your sexual preferences and fantasies as far you dont undermine and violate the privellages of your partner.

Not religious. I am an atheist. But grown up in a dominantly Catholic society, I formerly used to associate crucifixion with Christianity, so I did not venture that fantasy. Later, I discovered more aspects of it, that really drew me on to it. I also got more interested in the gospel's cruciifixion, in which, as many on CF probably know already, the Bad Thief is my favourite character.

My interest in crux is not religious, but religious settings can add powerfully to the fantasy, and there is something profoundly sacramental to some crux scenarios, like the concept of voluntary sacrifice.
I also think it is possible to be religious and have a separate interest in crux, though it may well cause some internal conflict!

Perhaps I should add that (outside of the erotic realm), what 'attracted' me to crucifixes and other Christian symbols, artwork and iconography, was a kind of lurid aspect of it. I always have perceived from a dark side, I associated it with the inevitable end, death is, while it was supposed to give the people hope for the afterlife. So that message did not work for me at all!

I refer to myself as a 'born again atheist', after coming to the conclusion that the concept of a God, and the worship thereof, is a product of the human brain and nothing else. I don't have a particular interest in crucifixion, so I can't comment on the question asked. But I think whatever sexual fantasies we have, in real life or otherwise, are acceptable (as long as no one is forced or harmed) whether you are religious or not. I don't have guilt about my torture fantasies because there is no harm to anyone, and it doesn't change the real person I am, or make me evil. They give me pleasure in the same way that going to church on Sunday does for the devout. The difference is I don't try to force my fantasies onto other people. The same can't be for organized religion, unfortunately.

I try to stay away from religious imagery in my role plays with subs.
I usually say to them before the scene that they are to be "put to death" because they're character was a political dissident who has to "die" naked "crucified" and "impaled" as an example to the public.

I've been asked this by quite a few people in messages before.
I was born and raised Lutheran and grew up knowing about the crucifixion story. Not sure what it was about crucifixion itself but I started doing it to fulfill erotic fantasies.
Today I'm an atheist, as well as an anti theist and have been since I was 23, but it was exposure to Christianity that started me on this dark path. ;)

I’ve been having this conversation in direct messages and the thread on how the idea of crucifixion started for us. I thought I’d start a thread to directly ask the question: are you religious? In the responses I’d like to also ask the follow up questions: what religion do you follow? Is the symbol of crucifixion religiously significant to you? And the most interesting part to me…do you separate your religious beliefs from your sexual fetish for crucifixion/torture? Or is it integrated with your beliefs?

I was raised Christian but I was so terrified of sexual impurity that I never allowed myself to see the sexual aspects of my interest in torture and crucifixion until I no longer believed in any deity. I’m an atheist now.
I am an atheist who was raised Catholic. Did the full 12 years of Catholic schooling, altar boy, etc.
The are certainly themes of it that dovetail right into BDSM and crucifixion. Martyrdom, sacrifice, guilt, punishment, atonement..all of it is part of both. The taboo factor of a naked female on a cross is an attraction of it IMHO.

Each execution has its eroticism and the Crucifixion surpasses all, it includes: Humiliation, exposure, nudity, suffering, long agony, bleeding....
it all started when at the age of two or maybe three years old I entered the church and was fascinated by the Crucifix. Now as an adult I'm still a practicing believer but it's hard to separate the two, In fact my first desire was to imitate Jesus ; this happened in the Philippines at Easter 2005. However, I firmly believe that a naked female body on the cross is even more beautiful!

One should have the possibility to vote for both. There can be an interest in both. I however believe, that the oppression of the sexual and the humiliating aspects of the crucification is also not religious, see ("And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, ... (John 1:14)), so if one accept as religious person, that "the word" is put on thee cross one has to deal with the aspects of that and so it has sexual aspects, sexual aspects which had to be overcome in some sense, I try to indicate it grafically with these three "Jesus cross pics..."

jesusart.jpg

Back
Top Bottom