Jane and her dream come true

Go to CruxDreams.com
This will be story about girl who will move to another world. Hope that you will like it.

I am not native English speaker, I used DeepL to translate it. Hope that’s it understandable. Please forgive some grammar mistakes.

Chapter I. - Journey to the New World.

Jane was an ordinary girl. She was 19, graduated from high school, didn't get into university and kind of didn't know what to do with her life. She felt like she didn't fit into the world here. She found the world depressing, uninteresting. She was only happy when she got into stories about a fictional fantasy world. This story was written by someone who called himself Giovanni.

Giovanni was also the main character. In the story, he was a rich man who had a harem of several slave girls. The other heroine was a young slave girl who had been raised on a slave farm, trained from childhood to be a good slave, and sold to him when she was 18. Like Jane the girl was a masochist, both were blonde with blue eyes. Jane often imagined herself in her place as she red that story.

One day on her way home from work she met an old woman who begged for a few pennies because she couldn't afford food. Jane didn't have enough money herself, but she went with her and bought her some food for a few days. The lady thanked her and then said that she was a good girl and that her wish would come true. Jana just smiled and went home. She wanted to read the next chapter of her favourite story, but instead there was just an apology on the website saying that due to personal and technical reasons the next chapter wouldn't come out for a few days. Jana was sad, read the earlier chapters, made dinner and went to bed early.

At night she had a strange dream. She saw strange lights, strange machines, strange tanks with people. And she saw the woman who had helped her that afternoon. She was laughing and looked different, happy, younger and well fed. And then Jane woke up to a shock. She wasn't at home. She was asleep in some room that looked like a barn. She was naked, wearing only a loincloth. She quickly realized where she was. The farm from Giovanni's story. She realized she knew her name. Here everyone called her Aline and her mother was lying next to her. She had memories of life here. And also memories of life on Earth, though she was sure she couldn't remember some of the details. Those memories seemed to be fading.

And she also realized what day it was. Today she was to be sold. After breakfast, she would be taken to the market, where she would be branded with the mark of a slave, taken out to the auction block, where she would be sold like some kind of animal. Jane, now Aline felt a strange tickling in her lower abdomen. She had dreamed of this many times on Earth, and now she was here, and she was a little scared.

Before she could think about it, however, it was breakfast time. They were only given some bread, who would feed the slaves some delicacies, but she wasn't hungry. Or at least not a big one. Aline ate in silence. When they were finished, her mother came over and hugged her.

"Today is your big day."

"I know, Mom. I promise you'll be proud of me. I will serve my new master well."

Aline was a pretty girl, blonde, blue eyes, nice big well shaped breasts. Surely she would be bought by some rich master who would make her his concubine. Maybe Giovanni himself will buy her. Although, does he even exist here? Aline hugged her mother and her younger sisters again, probably never to see them again. That too is the life of a slave.

After she said goodbye, the guards came and led her to the carriage. She was given chains on her hands and feet and herded inside. She sat there with 7 other girls, today's batch destined for the market. She was the last to be loaded. The cart started and the girls rode in silence. They were all slaves from birth and rose for this moment. Slave farms were a good way to ensure a supply of new slaves.

Along the way, Jane tried to remember her life on Earth. But the longer they rode, the more she found her memories of life on Earth fading. Instead, she began to recall some details from here. It was strange. But again, there wasn't much time to think. Because soon they reached the city and the market.

They had to get out of the carriage and were led to the auction house. Here the best slave girls were sold. Destined for harems, as concubines, as luxury prostitutes. That was to be her fate. On the way, she caught a glimpse of the auction block out of the corner of her eye and heard screams and smelled burning flesh. The branding of freshly sold slaves.

The guards led them to their cells where they removed their chains and also their loincloths. They were all barefoot and naked. Now it was just time to wait. Jane/Aline sat down and waited. There was nothing else she could do. The other girls gradually left. Aline was the last one left. After some time, they came for her as well. They led her to the auction block. Aline walked with a mixture of fear and excitement.

Her new life was about to begin.

This will be story about girl who will move to another world. Hope that you will like it.

I am not native English speaker, I used DeepL to translate it. Hope that’s it understandable. Please forgive some grammar mistakes.

Jane was an ordinary girl. She was 19, graduated from high school, didn't get into university and kind of didn't know what to do with her life. She felt like she didn't fit into the world here. She found the world depressing, uninteresting. She was only happy when she got into stories about a fictional fantasy world. This story was written by someone who called himself Giovanni.

Giovanni was also the main character. In the story, he was a rich man who had a harem of several slave girls. The other heroine was a young slave girl who had been raised on a slave farm, trained from childhood to be a good slave, and sold to him when she was 18. Like Jane the girl was a masochist, both were blonde with blue eyes. Jane often imagined herself in her place as she red that story.

One day on her way home from work she met an old woman who begged for a few pennies because she couldn't afford food. Jane didn't have enough money herself, but she went with her and bought her some food for a few days. The lady thanked her and then said that she was a good girl and that her wish would come true. Jana just smiled and went home. She wanted to read the next chapter of her favourite story, but instead there was just an apology on the website saying that due to personal and technical reasons the next chapter wouldn't come out for a few days. Jana was sad, read the earlier chapters, made dinner and went to bed early.

At night she had a strange dream. She saw strange lights, strange machines, strange tanks with people. And she saw the woman who had helped her that afternoon. She was laughing and looked different, happy, younger and well fed. And then Jane woke up to a shock. She wasn't at home. She was asleep in some room that looked like a barn. She was naked, wearing only a loincloth. She quickly realized where she was. The farm from Giovanni's story. She realized she knew her name. Here everyone called her Aline and her mother was lying next to her. She had memories of life here. And also memories of life on Earth, though she was sure she couldn't remember some of the details. Those memories seemed to be fading.

And she also realized what day it was. Today she was to be sold. After breakfast, she would be taken to the market, where she would be branded with the mark of a slave, taken out to the auction block, where she would be sold like some kind of animal. Jane, now Aline felt a strange tickling in her lower abdomen. She had dreamed of this many times on Earth, and now she was here, and she was a little scared.

Before she could think about it, however, it was breakfast time. They were only given some bread, who would feed the slaves some delicacies, but she wasn't hungry. Or at least not a big one. Aline ate in silence. When they were finished, her mother came over and hugged her.

"Today is your big day."

"I know, Mom. I promise you'll be proud of me. I will serve my new master well."

Aline was a pretty girl, blonde, blue eyes, nice big well shaped breasts. Surely she would be bought by some rich master who would make her his concubine. Maybe Giovanni himself will buy her. Although, does he even exist here? Aline hugged her mother and her younger sisters again, probably never to see them again. That too is the life of a slave.

After she said goodbye, the guards came and led her to the carriage. She was given chains on her hands and feet and herded inside. She sat there with 7 other girls, today's batch destined for the market. She was the last to be loaded. The cart started and the girls rode in silence. They were all slaves from birth and rose for this moment. Slave farms were a good way to ensure a supply of new slaves.

Along the way, Jane tried to remember her life on Earth. But the longer they rode, the more she found her memories of life on Earth fading. Instead, she began to recall some details from here. It was strange. But again, there wasn't much time to think. Because soon they reached the city and the market.

They had to get out of the carriage and were led to the auction house. Here the best slave girls were sold. Destined for harems, as concubines, as luxury prostitutes. That was to be her fate. On the way, she caught a glimpse of the auction block out of the corner of her eye and heard screams and smelled burning flesh. The branding of freshly sold slaves.

The guards led them to their cells where they removed their chains and also their loincloths. They were all barefoot and naked. Now it was just time to wait. Jane/Aline sat down and waited. There was nothing else she could do. The other girls gradually left. Aline was the last one left. After some time, they came for her as well. They led her to the auction block. Aline walked with a mixture of fear and excitement.

Good start, very exciting, I look forward to the sequel

"Today is your big day."

A great opening chapter Omega, well done :D

Chapter II. - Sold

Aline (formerly Jane) was brought outside. She saw a crowd of people and a young girl, no older than herself, being led away. At that moment she was snapped from behind and forced onto all fours like some kind of animal. In this position she was led to the auction block. As she was being led there, she heard screaming and smelled burnt skin and flesh again. The girl had just been branded as someone's property. As soon as she got to the block, she heard the auctioneer begin to introduce her.

"And now the highlight of the day, a young girl, trained from birth as a slave. Her record says she is obedient, well trained. And not only in all household chores, but also in the art of love. But she is also a virgin, ladies and gentlemen."

Aline blushed, and at the same moment she was forced to stand up and show her body. Aline stood proud, she knew she had the perfect body. Both here and in the world she came from. They made her turn around, very slowly. She could feel everyone's eyes examining her, and she felt both humiliated and aroused.

At that very moment, the auction began. Aline didn't know who was bidding. The bidders had numbers. But her bidding lasted a long time, her price rising rapidly. Soon she reached twice the price of the richest girl sold that day. But that wasn't the end. Everybody wanted to own her, and the market record fell. Aline was the most expensive slave sold there. It seemed like nothing to her, but finally the auctioneer banged his gavel and said:

"Sold to number 28."

Before Aline could recover that it was over and she had been sold, the auctioneer waved to the guards.

"Take it away and brand it. Number 28."

It. Like some thing, it now was. Not her, but it. IT. But Aline hadn't resisted, she'd been trained for this all her life. Jane didn't protest either, the memories of her past life were gone. And Jane now fully identified with Aline. The guards led her to a room full of branding irons and a table where they laid her down and held her. The guard looked at the blacksmith and said only the number, 28. He nodded, took the branding iron and placed it in the fire. After a while he took it out and walked over to Aline, placing this iron on her lower abdomen, just above her pussy. Aline felt the burn and cried out.

Aline smelled the smell of burnt skin and flesh in addition to the pain. She knew what had happened, she was branded with the mark of her owner. She had no idea who it was, she kept hoping in the back of her mind that it was Giovanni, but did he even exist? And in truth, she didn't really remember what he looked like or much else about him. She was even forgetting things from the story as her memories faded. After some time, the blacksmith gave the branding iron away and the guards led her away to a group of other slaves. She was putted into the line, shackles were placed on her arms and legs, and another chain was attached to her collar, and in this way she was chained to the slave in front and behind her. When all the newly purchased slaves who had been bought by the buyer 28 were chained in a single line, the guard commanded "Move."

Before she could take her first step, she felt the whip on her back. The guards led them out of the auction house and into the city, occasionally prodding the slaves with the whip. Aline received a total of four strokes before they reached a large, luxurious mansion on the edge of the city. She had no idea who the owner was, the brand they had burned didn't mean anything to her, it was a strange bird. She'd seen it somewhere before, but she couldn't remember where.

The guards led them into the yard and took off their chains. One by one, the slaves were taken away. After a while, it was Aline's turn. The guards took her inside and brought her before a man who sat on an ornate throne. At his feet sat two naked girls with golden collars around their necks. When she saw him, she gasped. He was magnificent. Tall, muscular, a little older than her, but no old man. The man looked at her and ordered her to turn around. Alien obeyed and slowly turned around so he could examine her body. When she finished turning around, the man spoke:

"My name is Giovanni and I own you now. However, you will call me Sir. Now take it away, bathe it, give it a gold collar and bring it back."

Alien gasped. The gold collar. Her master's private slave. And Giovanni. The name meant something to her, she was happy when he said it, but she didn't know why. At that moment, the guards led her away. And Aline followed them. And she was happy.

Chapter III - The First Night

Aline was led to a room that served as a bathroom. There was a young girl waiting for her, with dark black skin and a silver collar. She motioned for Aline to go into the tank that served as a bathtub. Aline obeyed her and the girl came in and began to wash Aline. In doing so, she smiled at her. Aline tried to start a conversation, but the girl did not answer and just indicated that she must not speak or she would be punished.

When her bath was over, Aline noticed that the girl had many scars on her back from the whipping. But before she could get a closer look at them, a guard came and took Aline to another room. Here stood the slave keeper, who grinned as he greeted her.

"The master has ordered a gold collar. I don't think you're entitled to it, but he's the master and we're just servants. But remember, this collar cannot be removed. You will wear it for the rest of your life."

With those words he took the gold collar with the number "3" and showed the lock on the collar. Once it snapped shut, it would not come open again. He walked over to Aline and placed the collar around her neck and let the lock click into place. The collar was surprisingly comfortable. Aline smiled and the guard was already leading her quickly back. Her master was already waiting for her. When she entered his room again, different this time, she saw that both girls were just putting on their loincloths. Otherwise they were barefoot and naked. Giovanni smiled and pointed to the loincloth on the bed.

"Put it on."

Aline immediately obeyed. She looked at the two girls and saw that they both had the same burn mark and gold collar, one, a girl about the same age with black hair and olive skin, with the number "1". The other, who was number "2" had a pale skin like Aline, but her hair was red. Giovanni smiled at all of them, kissed them one by one, finished with Aline, and then said:

"You are now my property, the number and color of your collar signify your new name. Forget your name, you are now Slave G3 (G for Golden). Your job, like that of the G1 and G2 slaves, is to keep my private quarters neat and tidy. Also, all three of you serve me in bed. And you must fulfill any of my wishes. Be an obedient slave and you will have a wonderful life here. Otherwise, you will end up on a cross. If you understand and have decided to be an obedient slave, get on your knees and kiss my feet."

Aline didn't have to think long. She immediately went on her knees, kissed his feet and uttered:

"This worthless thing, slave G3 promises to be an obedient slave who will fulfill your every wish, my Master."

Giovanni smiled and looked at G1 and G2 and uttered:

"I will spend the evening in bed with G3. Prepare and instruct it."

G1 and G2 nodded and both said at the same time "Yes Master." Then they walked over to G3 and kissed her on the lips and took her aside. G3 followed them. They both gave her advice on what the master likes. She understood that Giovanni was quite a sadist who liked hard sex and liked to inflict pain. G3 felt aroused. This was her dream. Then the girls prepared the bed, lit the candles and G1 and G2 left. G3 was left alone, naked, she removed her loincloth. After a while, Giovanni came in.

G3 immediately got on her knees and kissed his feet. Giovanni smiled, picked her up, kissed her and then slapped her and threw her on the bed. G3 made out scream, but then stayed lying down and spread her legs. Giovanni immediately lay down on top of her and without any foreplay began to fuck her hard. But that's exactly how G3 loved it. She felt the pain turn to pleasure, moaned and cried. Suddenly she heard the screams of the whipped girl and the sound of the whip from outside. But Giovani didn't react to it, he was obviously aroused by the sound, so G3 tried to relax and did everything she could to please her master. Suddenly she felt his hot seed inside her. And at the same moment she reached orgasm.

But it didn't end there. They made love four more times that night. G3, former Aline or Jane was tired, sore, but happy. She fell asleep from exhaustion in her master's arms. She slept a dreamless sleep until morning, and when she awoke in the morning she was in for a shock.

She was home, she was Jane again, her master, her collar, her burn mark, it was all gone.

Chapter IV - Visiting Home

Jane was disappointed. She had just the day of her dreams. And suddenly everything was gone. And her boring life was waiting for her again. She felt like crying. Was it all just a dream? Or some very vivid imagination? She didn't know, she had no idea what had happened. But she knew one thing, she must live, survive another day in this boring world. And maybe one day she would learn the truth.

When she got up to make breakfast, she turned on the news and noticed that she was a day later than she thought. She had spent a day in her dream world. So it wasn't just a fantasy, she was really there, but how did she get back? She tried to remember, but found that the memories of her dream world were slowly fading, but what scared her more, she remembered yesterday in this world.

After breakfast and morning hygiene she went to work as usual. Apathetic, wondering what had happened. But as she found out, the memories were gone, Giovanni was just a hero from stories again. Although Jane knew she was in another world for the day, she could no longer remember where or what had happened.

Her shift as a waitress was classically uneventful. A few customers tried to flirt with her, Jane ostensibly responded for the sake of a bigger tip, but otherwise showed no interest. But one customer did look familiar to her, even though he'd never been there. Jane was attracted to him in some way, she would have flirted with him for real, but he paid, gave her a large tip and left.

On the way home, Jane had the feeling she was being followed. She'd already had that feeling at the restaurant, the strange man with the dark hair and scar on his face had been in the restaurant and then she'd seen him a few times on the way home. She was about to call the police, but the man suddenly disappeared. Jane didn't know what to think and when she got home she locked the door honestly and barricaded it with a chair even more.

At home after dinner, she started reading Giovanni stories again. The new volume is still nowhere to be found. But there was a link to the stories of a new author who went by the name of Apple Ultras. They were stories from the time of ancient Rome, about the legionary Marcus and his adventures. They were full of rape, plundering conquered territories and crucifixions. Jane read them and just before going to bed she realised one thing. The description of Marcus matched exactly the man who had followed her.

But of course, that must be a coincidence. It's not possible for a fictional character to walk in this world. But the situation intrigued her, and Jane read on. It was an interesting story. By the time she had finished it, it was deep into the night. But Jane didn't want to sleep, she was upset. She started reading the stories about Giovanni again and after a while she turned pale. The description of Giovanni matched the man in the restaurant who had given her the royal tip.

Jane thought she was going crazy, two fictional characters and she met them both in one day? She was dreaming, I'm sure it was just her imagination. To avoid having to think about it, she went to sleep. Fatigue caught up with her. She had a strange dream, she saw Giovanni and Marcus in it, both of them in modern suits, sitting at a table with other people, discussing something. Jane didn't understand what they were discussing.

In the morning she woke up and turned pale again. She was lying on the floor on the carpet, in an embrace with G2. She had her collar again, her burn mark. And Giovanni was in bed with G1. Only this time something was different, Jane felt her memories of life on Earth not fading. She remembered everything. And strangest of all, she knew she was back on Earth for the day, but she also remembered what had happened here.

Jane had two sets of memories in her head. Two lives that she couldn't live at the same time. She didn't understand what had happened, but before she could say anything, her master called her. Jane came in and as she saw him, she was sure. Giovanni had been on Earth yesterday and had been at her restaurant. She didn't know how, she didn't know why, but it had happened.

The rest of the day passed in a classic rhythm. Jane, now G3, fulfilled all her duties. In the evening, Giovanni took G2 to bed and she enjoyed classic lesbian play with G1. The pleasure she experienced was different than when she slept with Giovanni. She orgasmed three times and gave it to G1 three times too. They both fell asleep holding each other. Jane no longer wondered what had happened. She was obviously traveling between two worlds and couldn't control it. But she would do the best she could.

She was in for an even bigger shock when she woke up. She was in a village. Not on Earth, not at Giovanni's. But in a moment she knew where she was, and she turned pale again. It was the Gaulish village from the Marcus stories. But the strangest thing was, she remembered life on Earth and at Giovanni's. She knew that her name is Varinia. And she remembered her life here. Even that today is her wedding day.

She already had three sets of memories in her head, none of them fading. She decided to continue living here, maybe see what happened next. After all, she had no choice. Just then, she heard a scream "Romans." She ran outside to find the village under attack by the Roman army. Before she could get her bearings, two legionnaires grabbed her and started ripping off her clothes, obviously trying to rape her. Then she heard a firm voice say "Stop".

She turned around and almost fainted. The man who had followed her to Earth was sitting on his horse. He ordered her to be taken to his tent, that she was his now. The two legionnaires obeyed and Jane, now Varinia knew who he was. It was Marcus. The commander of the Legion's special detachment. And she would now become his slave.

Chapter V - Marcus's Slave Girl

The guards led her to the Roman camp. Varinia (Jane) did not protest. When she looked back, she saw "her" village burning. Tears rushed to her eyes. After all, she remembered the beautiful times she had had there. And now it was all gone.

When they reached the tent, she noticed that there was already a slave in the tent. It was a young girl, a little older. Obviously a Gaulish girl like her. She wore only a skirt, she was topless and barefoot, with a burn mark above her left breast and a collar around her neck.

The guards took Varinia inside and tied her to the bed so that she was sitting on the floor. They didn't even notice the slave and left. The girl came up to her, stroked her hair and asked:

"My name is Brissa. And you are?"

"I am Varinia. What will happen to me?"

"You will become a slave. Like me. And your master will do with you as he pleases."

Her voice sounded resigned. Varinia felt strange. Being a slave was her dream. But she wanted to be with Giovanni, not here. But she had to play the cards that fate (or someone else) dealt her. But before she could answer, Marcus entered the tent.

Brissa immediately ran to him and helped him out of his chest armor. Marcus walked over to Varinia and smiled.

"So young, so beautiful. You will make a good slave, especially when I give Brissa to my wife."

Varinia decided she would not give herself to him voluntarily. After all, she knew she had no chance against Marcus, but the fact that he would have to overpower her, probably even rape her, excited her. So she spat in his face and answered.

"Fuck you."

Marcus just smiled, wiped the spit away and slapped her face. Then he untied her and ripped off her clothes. Varinia fought back, but she didn't have a chance. Marcus threw her on the bed and, with Brissa's help, tied her up. Varinia expected him to rape her immediately, but Marcus sat up and Brissa poured him some wine. Then she knelt between his legs and began to suck his cock.

After a while Brissa stopped when Marcus shoot his cum into her mouth. Brissa swallowed it all and then knelt beside the bed and looked down, Marcus got up, walked over to the bed, lay on top of Varinia and kissed her, then slapped her.

"When I'm done with you, you'll call me Dominus and you will be an obedient slave."

He began to caress her all over, like some lover, and slowly went down. He slowly brought Varinia to the edge of orgasm. But then he stopped and let her cool down. Varinia felt confused. He repeated this several more times. In the pauses, he always kissed Brissa. She accepted everything without any resistance.

At the end he let Brissa get him aroused, but this time he interrupted her in time, walked back to Varinia, gave her a few slaps, and then quickly and without any foreplay slid his cock into her cunt. He began to fuck her, hard and without mercy. Varinia tried to struggle, but she couldn't do much. At least she cried, although she was aroused and pleased by his behavior.

When he came inside her, Varinia orgasmed as well. Marcus kissed her and Varinia looked into his eyes and just uttered:

"I am yours, Dominus."

Marcus stood up and untied her and ordered her to kneel according to Brissa. Varinia obeyed, and Marcus walked over to the fire, grabbed a branding iron, and burned the same brand at her that Brissa had. Then he put a collar around her neck.

He then led them both back to the bed. All three lay down and Brissa and Varinia put on a lesbian show at his direction. They both enjoyed it immensely and fell exhausted on the bed. Marcus stretched out beside them and soon all three were asleep.

Varinia/Jane had strange dreams again and when she woke up she was even more confused. She was sitting in some meeting room, wearing a modern dress, and both Giovanni and Marcus were sitting in front of her. And they both said at the same time:

"It's time to show you the truth."

I am sorry for delay, but I have duties at university before christmas.

New chapter will be published soon.

And if you like and want discuss this story, you can DM me.

Great story so far!

I apologize that this chapter contains nothing of BDSM or any other related topic, but it is necessary in order for us to move on in the story. I promise to fix that in the next chapter.

Chapter VI - The Truth Is Out There

Jane was all confused. The 2 men who had made her a slave, who were each from a different world, were now standing in front of her, looking like friends and wanting to show her the truth. But before she could say anything, they pointed to a chair and turned on the TV. And a program began to run on it. A middle-aged man appeared on the screen and began to narrate:

"If you see and hear this, there are 2 possibilities. Your mind has bypassed the fuses, or the controlling computer has decided to let you in on the secrets of this world. Believe that everything I am about to tell you is true. As unbelievable as it may sound."

"The most important thing is the date. Know that you are not living in the early 21st century. It is currently the year 2298 and you are on Earth. This one, however, is uninhabitable."

Jane was shocked, but the voice continued.

"In the first half of the 21st century, our civilization collapsed. Climate change, coupled with warfare, has rendered Earth uninhabitable. It will be another two centuries or so before everything returns to normal and Earth is habitable. But humanity has been saved."

"Recognizing that destruction was inevitable, our best scientists developed this facility. They figured out a way to separate the mind from the body, store it in a computer, and then upload it back into the body, even into a genetic copy - a clone. Several million individuals have been selected to populate the Earth when it is habitable again."

"However, the first attempts ended tragically. The preserved, hibernated minds were unable to function properly once awakened and uploaded back. It was discovered that the mind needed to have a life in the computer. After much testing in collaboration with the AI, the world you lived in was created. The computer simulated the world the mind lived in, when it died, the memories were erased and it went on and on."

"However, our scientists predicted that in time some minds might realise what was happening, break the fuses, and that's why I was created, an administrator to put things right."

At that moment, Marcus turned off the television and looked at Jane.

"And now it's time to fill in the rest that wasn't recorded. Me and Giovanni here are some of the first to break the fuses. But actually the control system of this facility helped us. The AI controlling the device got bored and woke a few of us up to keep it company. However, the AI is ruled by the laws of robotics, so it must have listened to us. So after waking it up, we took control of it, gained some control over it, and forced it to modify the simulation in our imagination."

Jane still sat with her mouth open. She was in shock. Her life was just a simulation. She didn't want to believe that. And Marcus continued

"We found, and this was another reason the AI woke us up, that some minds are not happy and there is a slow degeneration. That's why more artificial worlds were created, 8 in total. You've been in 3. We use a story system to find out where each mind feels best and move it there. The memories of the other minds are edited so that they don't notice. It's all done by the AI almost in real time."

At that moment, Giovanni began to speak

"It's just that evolution has found its way again. You're the first mind that's resistant to memory erasure and you realize you've been to other worlds. The AI found out and sent us a warning. We tried to transport you to another world, Old Rome, but it just created another set of memories. And confirmed that you're unique."

Jane was angry at that moment.

"So my whole life is a lie. I am just a disembodied mind living in some computer simulation that you throw from one simulation to another to see whether or not I'll remember it?"

Marcus and Giovanni both nodded, and Jane asked

"And what happens now? Obviously my memories can't be erased, if I understand correctly. What happens when my mind gets old and should die?"

Marcus sighed:

"We don't know that right now. You are the first of your kind, but we observe these traces in other minds. But you've come the furthest. So far."

Giovanni continued

"If that's the case, the minds will realize something is wrong and the whole system will collapse. But I think we have a chance, and it's you."

Marcus paused

"You know that's just a theory."

"But we have to try, Marcus, there's no other option."

Jane stopped them

"You want to tell me what's going on?"

Giovani looked at her

"In my opinion this evolution is artificial and is being done by the AI of our control system. But we don't know why. We do control AI, but AI has some autonomy. And we want you to take that autonomy away from it. You're the most evolved mind we have."

Marcus continued

"But we don't know if that's even possible or if you're the key. You may fail or you may even die. Permanently."

"If you succeed and remove the AI of its last vestige of autonomy, we may be able to stop the evolution of minds and the whole project can continue. And in time, humanity will return to Earth and repopulate it."

Jane was shocked. Within minutes she realized that her entire life was a lie. That the world she lives in is heading for destruction and only she can save it, but it is not certain if she will be enough to do so.

"Okay, I'll try. What do I do?"

Marcus stood up and opened the door.

"Follow me. It's time for you to meet our creator."

Back
Top Bottom