Save me from what I'm not

Kept me close so I'd believe it

The joke's on!

I am !

Goodbye

You ...

Last edited:
Men ?

Men always overpower ... Women are only receptacles ... They are taken ... They are penetrated ...

Men dump semen and get away ...
Women are only receptacles ......... of suffering ...

stock-photo-uncombed-suffering-black-haired-girl-in-chains-on-a-white-background-9156922.jpg

MEN

Hold me in the morning

Don't go away

Hold me in the morning

Don't walk away

You told me that you loved me

But now you just showed me

That loving me just means

You'll walk away !

Bloody Bloody Sunday is a song

Why did you make me wait so long

You could have told me what you did

It's not a problem just you did

Save me from what I'm not

Kept me close so I'd believe it

The joke's on!

I am !

Goodbye

You ...
Stick to women Siss, I would if I was a woman.....A politican in my country said 'men are animals'.........
Take care!
christa.jpg

Men ?

Men always overpower ... Women are only receptacles ... They are taken ... They are penetrated ...

Men dump semen and get away ...
Women are only receptacles ......... of suffering ...

Messa, sometimes I want to be "overpowered"!
Sometimes men are wonderful. Many are pigs.
And women are receptacles of wonder, of beauty, of strength, and yes of suffering!

I debated answering this and while I hope the initial post was done without malice.

I present a façade with Tree as an uncaring cad. When my wife of seven years developed breast cancer I went with her to every appoint and treatment. Since it was after 9-11 there were no lockers to put her purse so I would carry it around the Central West End of St. Louis, a thriving gay area (and still is). I got 'hit on' more than a few times but when I explained what was going on they were most kind, often insisting on buying my lunch even when I assured them I could afford my own.

In my darkest hours as I did not what the outcome would be I made many good friends.

She has survived and more than a few of our male members have stood by their loved ones in their darkest hours. I do not paint people with a broad brush and do not like it being done to me.

I consider you all friends and would hope you look at me the same way. I have a lot on my mind and pause before I send this. ...sorry, just needed to say that.

Tree

I debated answering this and while I hope the initial post was done without malice.

I present a façade with Tree as an uncaring cad. When my wife of seven years developed breast cancer I went with her to every appoint and treatment. Since it was after 9-11 there were no lockers to put her purse so I would carry it around the Central West End of St. Louis, a thriving gay area (and still is). I got 'hit on' more than a few times but when I explained what was going on they were most kind, often insisting on buying my lunch even when I assured them I could afford my own.

In my darkest hours as I did not what the outcome would be I made many good friends.

She has survived and more than a few of our male members have stood by their loved ones in their darkest hours. I do not paint people with a broad brush and do not like it being done to me.

I consider you all friends and would hope you look at me the same way. I have a lot on my mind and pause before I send this. ...sorry, just needed to say that.

Tree
Tree effectively presents, though his such personal story, the way Pp feels about his wife, his mother and other women in his life. It can be hard for a man to say these things.
Bravo Tree!

I personally read the original poem (leaving other comments on the thread aside for the moment) as a personal piece, in which the poet(ess) portrays the sadness and anger at being led on by someone she thought loved her, and who then abandoned her, and her ultimate triumph over that experience (and I do not do the poem justice by that assessment - very dry, I'm sorry). I think many people, women and men, have had the experience of being left (myself included) and there is that moment when you finally say "you're promise of love was empty and you abandoned me, but I'm over you now". Maybe the experience of the narrator of the poem is that all the men she has known has used her and discarded her, but I didn't read myself into that role. In the end, I read the poem as less about the man or men, and more about the triumph of the poet, the woman who survived and was not destroyed by that experience or coming through that crucible.

(Just to say though, that if I tell you I love you, I don't walk away. My lover knows that.)

I personally read the original poem (leaving other comments on the thread aside for the moment) as a personal piece, in which the poet(ess) portrays the sadness and anger at being led on by someone she thought loved her, and who then abandoned her, and her ultimate triumph over that experience (and I do not do the poem justice by that assessment - very dry, I'm sorry). I think many people, women and men, have had the experience of being left (myself included) and there is that moment when you finally say "you're promise of love was empty and you abandoned me, but I'm over you now". Maybe the experience of the narrator of the poem is that all the men she has known has used her and discarded her, but I didn't read myself into that role. In the end, I read the poem as less about the man or men, and more about the triumph of the poet, the woman who survived and was not destroyed by that experience or coming through that crucible.

(Just to say though, that if I tell you I love you, I don't walk away. My lover knows that.)

This I think does real justice to the poet ...I agree ... thanks to Siss for offering us a piece that is both well crafted and thought provoking. I think each and everyone of us here at cf has drawn something personal, even something that goes to the heart, out of what she has written. Life and love are filled with triumph and joy as well as sadness and disappointment. We all come to grips with it as best we can. Her poem is an unusual and provocative piece of writing that has stirred us all, each in our own way.

I'm glad when people feel they can speak from deep inside,
even if it's bottled-up hurt that comes out too clumsily -
I think we've all experienced bad things in our lives,
we've coped with some well in ways we can feel proud of,
we've failed to cope, or screwed things up in others,
I guess that's one reason why we find the Forums a good place to be.
So I 'like' everything that's been said in this discussion -
it doesn't mean I agree, I'm just glad it's been said.

My favourite Dylan song - just seems to belong here

It's one of mine, too. Eul. If not my favorite. Loved the vintage footage and the Gaucho hat, too! :)

Great post Eulilia, a great Bob Dylan song.
I was thinking of another Bob Dylan song for this thread, "It Ain't Me Babe" from Dylan's fourth album, "Another Side Of Bob Dylan". This song is one of my favorite Dylan songs.

"Go lightly from the ledge, babe
Go lightly on the ground
I'm not the one you want, babe
I will only let your down
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who will promise never to part
Someone to close his eyes for you
Someone to close his heart
Someone who will die for you an' more
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe"