Nazi Executions

Go to CruxDreams.com
Gefreiter Baum got already two months time to volunteer for Normandy. After a day of driving and shooting around with a Tiger tank, there are plenty of American cigarrettes to collect.:doh:

But Gefreiter Baum prefers to stay in Berlin and then complains about the low rate of B-17 shot down, starving him from American cigarettes. Let me tell you this, Gefreiter Baum, our Luftwaffe just shoots them down en masse long before they can ever make it to Berlin. But it is obvious that the cigarettes from captured US crewmen are distributed first among the brave Messerschmidt pilots, who risked their lives to get these cigarettes down, and not to a schnapps soaked firing squad in a lousy Berlin prison. :devil:
...until the P-51 showed up...

T

Very well written, made me very excited. Thanks B!

Commander of the execution squad,
SS Standartenfuhrer O.Schmidt

View attachment 274220 View attachment 274223
The fellow in the photo is a Sturmbannfuhrer, equivalent to an army major, indicated by the 4 pips on the collar.
A standartenfuhrer, equivalent to a colonel, would have a collar patch with a single oak leaf.
Perhaps the photo was taken before Herr Schmidt was promoted.
HH-SS-Standartenfuhrer-Collar.png

Very well written, made me very excited. Thanks B!

Commander of the execution squad,
SS Standartenfuhrer O.Schmidt

What a scary look .... and that dueling scar.... yikes !!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Thanks for posting xso :)

A great face for an SS officer, to be sure. Unfortunately, the stickler for historical detail in me forces me to point out that our SS Offizier is not a Standartenführer, but a Sturmbannführer (apparently the difference between a Colonel and a Major).:cool:

An excellent dueling scar though. Could definitely inspire an SS related story. :devil:

A great face for an SS officer, to be sure. Unfortunately, the stickler for historical detail in me forces me to point out that our SS Offizier is not a Standartenführer, but a Sturmbannführer (apparently the difference between a Colonel and a Major).:cool:

An excellent dueling scar though. Could definitely inspire an SS related story. :devil:
I have never inspected turds this closely...

Tree

How very observant of you.

Fair enough. I may have been a bit pedantic. :doh: Anyway, it is a good face.
"In here, nobody will hear you scream, Fräulein."
View attachment 274834

ss-torture1a-jpg.274834.jpeg And there I was in my cell, waiting for what would happen on the fourth day....I had not broken yet, but he was determined to make me talk. That face terrified me. He never smiled, and his eyes were so so cold.

And there I was in my cell, waiting for what would happen on the fourth day....I had not broken yet, but he was determined to make me talk. That face terrified me. He never smiled, and his eyes were so so cold.
And you haven't met Gestapo Major Von Hapen yet (Derren Nesbitt in Where Eagles Dare, in the scene with Ingrid Pitt and Mary Ure). He will just grab your wrist, look into your eyes, and you will tell anything he wants to know!
"Oh, you have studied in Düsseldirf, Fraulein. So I did. Tell me about it!"
(a few minutes later)
"Strange, Fraulein, I thought the cathedral in Düsseldorf was on the other side of the square!"
"Oh? I was sure it was... Oh, perhaps my memory is not so good. I guess you will be right!"
"Fraulein, there is no cathedral in Düsseldorf!":doh:

Attachments

• vonhapen.jpg
    vonhapen.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 156
And you haven't met Gestapo Major Von Hapen yet (Derren Nesbitt in Where Eagles Dare, in the scene with Ingrid Pitt and Mary Ure). He will just grab your wrist, look into your eyes, and you will tell anything he wants to know!
"Oh, you have studied in Düsseldirf, Fraulein. So I did. Tell me about it!"
(a few minutes later)
"Strange, Fraulein, I thought the cathedral in Düsseldorf was on the other side of the square!"
"Oh? I was sure it was... Oh, perhaps my memory is not so good. I guess you will be right!"
"Fraulein, there is no cathedral in Düsseldorf!":doh:

OH, geeze ... I am doomed. Just shoot me now and get it over with :(

There may be six rifles but traditional one rifle had a 'blank' in it so only 5 bullets would hit.

This is so the six shooters could console themselves that 'his' gun was not the killing weapon.

I'm not sure the Nazis worried about that.

Tree

Of course Tree's sister Joan has no issues with executing Barb...
View attachment 274429 View attachment 274428

Well All I Can Plead Is "Well I Am A Girl"
Make It Two In The Kidneys Then, I Was
Only Trying To Imagine My Feelings That`s All.
Oh I Do Get Myself Into Trouble , Where Are
Bull And Gunner When I Need Them

I light up a cigarette taken from a shot-down crewmen of a B-17. These American cigarettes are very good but they are becoming hard to come by.
He ... smokes it? Stupid idiot. No wonder these stupid idiots are losing this stupid idiot war they started. We, the civilians, if we get our hands on these cigarettes, we hide them. For the time after, because we are thinking about that. They are good as gold already, and what do you think we'll use as money when this stupid idiot war is over? Right now, what we do, we duck and cover. After the Landverschickung we don't worry that much anymore about the big bombers: they are just trails in the sky. If a crew gets shot down, there is a simple agreement: Amis give us cigarettes, we hide Amis. Those low-flying marauders are another thing. They terrify us. They shoot everything.

The fellow in the photo is a Sturmbannfuhrer, equivalent to an army major, indicated by the 4 pips on the collar.
A standartenfuhrer, equivalent to a colonel, would have a collar patch with a single oak leaf.
Perhaps the photo was taken before Herr Schmidt was promoted.
View attachment 274816

Well, I'm grateful to you both! I wouldn't know a Sturmbann from a Standarten!

Barb's story "8 Prinz-Albrects Strasse" set me up with a healthy aversion to standartenfuhrers, but without your erudtion I might have taken revenge on the wrong guy! :doh:

After a day of driving and shooting around with a Tiger tank, there are plenty of American cigarrettes to collect.
Oh we hear these stories. The funny thing is, they are true, because we get them from the soldiers, in Fronturlaub, not from having to look at the Wochenschauen. So yes, our tanks are better, and you can explode ten American tanks in a row. Oh yes even a few boys with a Pak can tell that.
Stupid idiot.
Don't you know yet, that the Americans have more tanks than you have grenades for your cannon?
Don't you know yet that they will built ten tanks for everyone you shoot?
Anyone is building Tigers anymore?
Oh, they did send us to the factory, sat us at the lathes, we must make the munitions, everyone must participate for the war.
You understand what happened to the factory? We were lucky. A lot of the poor Zwangsarbeiter, not.
So what then, when all your munition is fired and the American, he just rolls in with more and more and more tanks? Sieg Heil and pummel them with your fist?
There are no new Tigers. There is no new munition. There is no more gasoline. Even the SS people around here are down to stealing it from the farmers. They call it "Requirieren".
Just stop it. Stop being stupid.

..."Fraulein, there is no cathedral in Düsseldorf!":doh:
Interestingly, there is a cathedral in Düsseldorf with an fun story attached to it. The St. Lambertus Basilika (Roman Catholic) is a brick building, with a twisted spire, rebuilt in its original form after severe damage during the war. The story goes that the spire twisted when a bride insisted she was a virgin when she was not. It is said that the spire will straighten when a real virgin bride is married there. :p:D

Interestingly, there is a cathedral in Düsseldorf

The question is often raised about a scene in the movie 'Where Eagles Dare'. A suspicious Gestapo Major Von Hapen (hence, also a Sturmbannführer), invites the newly arrived maid Maria (Mary Ure) to a friendly chat in the cantina of Schloss Adler, and tries to find out who she really is (in fact she is a British secret agent). At a given moment, he brings her into trouble and confusion, by stating that the cathedral of Düsseldorf', a city where both pretend to have resided, stands at the other side of the square than Mary thought it was.
The scene often has been critisized as a goof, as there seems to be no cathedral in Düsseldorf at all. The critics are right. Although St. Lambertus basilica is often named a cathedral, the term cathedral does not depend on the size of the building, but of its status, specifically related to a bishop's seat, which Düsseldorf does not have. Düsseldorf belongs to the diocese of Cologne.
But on the other hand, the confusion about 'the cathedral of Düsseldorf' it is not necessarily a goof, but it could be part of the subtle tactics of a Gestapo officer to corner his opponent.

Hi everyone. Savarius made and PMed me a couple manips of Nazi executions with the idea that I might write short background stories for them. This is the first. I will add at least one more in the coming days. Enjoy.

Barbaria, I enjoyed your story very much. But unfortunately there is one historical inaccuracy. Conspirators against the Führer were not executed by the firing squad, but generally under the guillotine. They were not considered worth a bullet by the regime. But since you left the ending open, there is still a possibility for an unexpected twist,...

So, allow me please, to take this liberty.
Now as I wait, I hear the metallic sounds of bolt mechanisms being worked to insert cartridges into the breeches of the firing squads' Mauser rifles. Someone offers me a puff on a lit cigarette. I refuse. This is it, I try to stand still and be brave. A stream of warm urine runs down my leg and pools under my bare feet. I feel exposed. I feel shame. I start to cry.

The firing squad is told to ready, and then to aim. There is a pause. One of the soldiers coughs. Silence. And then...

Nothing happens!
What are they waiting for?
Footsteps approach.
"I forgot something! Strip!"
"What! Why?"
"Orders! Put out that smock! We are not going to shoot holes in a good piece of clothing, just for a traitor! Others could use it. There is a war going on, remember! We cannot afford to waste things simply like that. People get killed for manufacturing these goods!"

As ordered. I slowly unbutton the front of my striped prison smock. What is the point of doing otherwise? The dirty and threadbare fabric slides off my shoulders and down my arms, coming to rest at my elbows, collecting around my wrists, and baring my breasts to the cold morning air. My nipples are stiff and erect. I shiver and purse my lips expectantly.
"Ready! Aim!"
Again, I hear the noise of rifles being readied.
Nothing happens.
Footsteps approach.
"Just one more thing! I have to tie your hands to your back! Regulations!"
While he ties my hands on my back (standing so close that I can smell thr schnapps in his breath), I ask him:
"Are you sure that is all?"
"Just a minute, I will check my list! Firing squad? OK? Rifles? OK! Rifles loaded? OK! Prisoner? OK! Prisoner stripped? OK! Blindfold? OK! Hands tied to the prisoner's back? OK! Offered last cigarette? OK! Right! That's all by the book now!"

He went back.
"Ready! Aim!"
All I could do now was anticipate the 'feuer! command. Strange anticipation. I was all acceptance. In the dark enclosed world of my blindfold, I had absolutely nothing more to expect from life. Within seconds it would be over. But my whole mind felt quiet and relaxed. As if my mind had already switched off itself to the lowest level of stand-by.

But what are they waiting for now? I hear shuffling of feet? What is going on out there?
Footsteps approach.
A flash of light! They took off my blindfold!
"Überasschung! Surprise!"

I could not believe my eyes! There was no more firing squad! There were a lot of people! Smiling! Laughing! They had presents! Flowers! Cigarettes! Chocolates! A bottle of whisky! Ham and cheese! Silk stockings and sexy ladies underwear! All retreived, it appears, from shot down enemy bombers and their crews! These B-17 must be flying grocery shops (do they still have room for bombs anayway?).

As my eyes adapted to daylight, I recognized them! The Gestapo officers. My colleagues. And, oh no, Jodl and Keitel, the chiefs of staff! And there were Göring, Himmler and Bormann. And, oh my God, the Führer himself, with a giggling Eva Braun at his side!

Oh no, here I stood, all naked, hands tied on my back, with my feet in my own body fluids, with fear in my eyes. In front of the whole leadership of Nazi Germany. I wanted to run away, but I did not. Because it came up to me that apparently I would not die. They would not shoot me. I would live on! So, while life came back into my mind, I bothered less and less about my humiliating situation.

It became all clear to me. All that they did to me during the last days. The torture, the fake execution... It was all...

Just the Nazi way to celebrate secretaries' day.:devil::doh:

Conspirators against the Führer were not executed by the firing squad, but generally under the guillotine.
I'm pretty sure the 'Valkyrie' conspirators were hung with piano wire.

That is absolutely right. They used both hanging and the guillotine. The piano wire hanging was a particular execution for the high political and military conspirators of the Valkyrie plot, on the order of Hitler. But for the female conspirators, (and female spies, e.g. those from the Rote Kapelle spy ring), they gerenally used the guillotine.

That is absolutely right. They used both hanging and the guillotine. The piano wire hanging was a particular execution for the high political and military conspirators of the Valkyrie plot, on the order of Hitler. But for the female conspirators, (and female spies, e.g. those from the Rote Kapelle spy ring), they gerenally used the guillotine.
Did it kill them???

Tree

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:- Ulrika

Barbaria, I enjoyed your story very much. But unfortunately there is one historical inaccuracy. Conspirators against the Führer were not executed by the firing squad, but generally under the guillotine. They were not considered worth a bullet by the regime. But since you left the ending open, there is still a possibility for an unexpected twist,...

So, allow me please, to take this liberty.

Nothing happens!
What are they waiting for?
Footsteps approach.
"I forgot something! Strip!"
"What! Why?"
"Orders! Put out that smock! We are not going to shoot holes in a good piece of clothing, just for a traitor! Others could use it. There is a war going on, remember! We cannot afford to waste things simply like that. People get killed for manufacturing these goods!"

As ordered. I slowly unbutton the front of my striped prison smock. What is the point of doing otherwise? The dirty and threadbare fabric slides off my shoulders and down my arms, coming to rest at my elbows, collecting around my wrists, and baring my breasts to the cold morning air. My nipples are stiff and erect. I shiver and purse my lips expectantly.
"Ready! Aim!"
Again, I hear the noise of rifles being readied.
Nothing happens.
Footsteps approach.
"Just one more thing! I have to tie your hands to your back! Regulations!"
While he ties my hands on my back (standing so close that I can smell thr schnapps in his breath), I ask him:
"Are you sure that is all?"
"Just a minute, I will check my list! Firing squad? OK? Rifles? OK! Rifles loaded? OK! Prisoner? OK! Prisoner stripped? OK! Blindfold? OK! Hands tied to the prisoner's back? OK! Offered last cigarette? OK! Right! That's all by the book now!"

He went back.
"Ready! Aim!"
All I could do now was anticipate the 'feuer! command. Strange anticipation. I was all acceptance. In the dark enclosed world of my blindfold, I had absolutely nothing more to expect from life. Within seconds it would be over. But my whole mind felt quiet and relaxed. As if my mind had already switched off itself to the lowest level of stand-by.

But what are they waiting for now? I hear shuffling of feet? What is going on out there?
Footsteps approach.
A flash of light! They took off my blindfold!
"Überasschung! Surprise!"

I could not believe my eyes! There was no more firing squad! There were a lot of people! Smiling! Laughing! They had presents! Flowers! Cigarettes! Chocolates! A bottle of whisky! Ham and cheese! Silk stockings and sexy ladies underwear! All retreived, it appears, from shot down enemy bombers and their crews! These B-17 must be flying grocery shops (do they still have room for bombs anayway?).

As my eyes adapted to daylight, I recognized them! The Gestapo officers. My colleagues. And, oh no, Jodl and Keitel, the chiefs of staff! And there were Göring, Himmler and Bormann. And, oh my God, the Führer himself, with a giggling Eva Braun at his side!

Oh no, here I stood, all naked, hands tied on my back, with my feet in my own body fluids, with fear in my eyes. In front of the whole leadership of Nazi Germany. I wanted to run away, but I did not. Because it came up to me that apparently I would not die. They would not shoot me. I would live on! So, while life came back into my mind, I bothered less and less about my humiliating situation.

It became all clear to me. All that they did to me during the last days. The torture, the fake execution... It was all...

Just the Nazi way to celebrate secretaries' day.:devil::doh:

I was aware that the standard form of execution at that time was the guillotine. Thanks Loxuru for adding this great alternative ending.

Anyone who has a Nazi execution fantasy or commentary should feel free to add to this thread.:)

Back
Top Bottom