Notre-Dame ...

Go to CruxDreams.com
It took more than 10 years to replace the twin towers in New York (the original towers were built far more quickly)...

I'm not sure they can restore the cathedral by the 2024 Olympics but I suspect a realistic roof and spire will be there.
A temporary Lego structure should be possible.
s-l1600.jpg

You mean like this?

Yes, except that's Oliver Latry playing, Johann Vexo's colleague -
I think they have 3 organists, and 3 organs. The small Choir Organ
has a very different sound, more my style - I hope that one has survived too

Yes, except that's Oliver Latry playing, Johann Vexo's colleague -
I think they have 3 organists, and 3 organs. The small Choir Organ
has a very different sound, more my style - I hope that one has survived too

Sorry I booked the wrong organist - I was working on short notice!

Attachments

• DF41E686-A557-4AD9-97E8-F73237A7B630.jpeg
    DF41E686-A557-4AD9-97E8-F73237A7B630.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 32
They were very brave, and very skillful, managing in very dangerous and difficult conditions
to work out how to contain the fire and bring it under control in what seems
from what we know now to be a miraculously limited space and time.

Canterbury-cathedral-wyrdlight.jpgThomas Becket.png'Becket'    1964.jpgThomas S. Eliot's poetic drama on the final days of Archbishop Becket (1170), recently quoted on this Forum,brings to memory that the events (1170) were brought to screen in 1964 movie "BECKET", whose screenplay- though inspired by Eliot's drama-was based on the theatrical pièce 'Becket ou l'honneur de Dieu' (1959) by Jean Anouilh. The movie is a sumptuous reconstruction of times and places, acted in masterly manner. It is worth seeing for anyone who, thus far, has not.

The theory is coming up of an electrical short circuit, in one of the lifts of the construction company.

Meanwhile there is another uncertainty : how (un)stable did the huge scaffold come out of the fire? Some job to climb on in and verify the damage!

Back
Top Bottom