Notturno Veneziano

Go to CruxDreams.com
I'bogo the latest pictures had really entranced my interest. I have been searching for the words to describe my thoughts but have been unable to come up. Then I recently read a story by Eulalia which involved slaves who danced passionately with the use of the whip. It seems to me these photos could be the ladies dancing to the force of a whip. What do you think?

Many many thanks to l'bogo and Eulalia, without them this would not be possible! :)

Tuesday morning (Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday)

After having a shower I abandon myself to Vio's desires, participating like a rubber doll. I moan and pretend to cry on command, like an automaton. Fortunately, he soon gets tired and I can finally sleep, but my sleep is troubled by a thousand thoughts besieging my mind: 'Crucified, crucified naked?', and then this business of the photographs, why are they they in the hands of Frau Helga? Why have these other ones been tucked under my door? Who has got these photos in their possession? How many prints are in circulation?

Eventually the alarm rings, morning shower, breakfast with tea and biscuits.

'Will you take me to Venice by car?'

'Of course, I have some errands there too.'

During the journey I remain silent, looking at the Lagoon with its still waters, a few grey flamingos are looking for molluscs or algae with their beaks submerged in the water, the fog is a little thinner but Venice appears to my sight almost suddenly.

'What's going on with you? Last night you made love as if it were a chore.'

'If you don’t like it you know what to do, look for another one.'

'No, it's not this ... With you it's always beautiful ... But ...'

‘But what...? I'm worried... worried about work.

‘You’re having problems?’

'No problems... or rather, you’d think things couldn’t get any better – I’ve received a proposal for a new ballet, where I will be the prima ballerina... and I’ve accepted.'

'So what's bothering you? You’re about to achieve your dream, and you’re worrying? '

'It's a very demanding part, I'll be Juliet in Prokofiev’s ballet ... shitty stuff. '

'But are you totally stupid? Why are you so complicated? What's wrong with a ballet like Romeo and Juliet, even if it is Prokoffee ... Prokoffish ..., oh stuff him, or anyone else?'

'It's a new, modern choreography, everything has to be worked out... you can’t understand, you only dance when you go to the disco.'

'I can’t understand you!'

'Just ...'

We’ve arrived at the multi-storey car park in Piazzale Roma, Vio has a season ticket for residents.
We take the path along Rio Novo and in a short time we arrive at the Ponte dell'Accademia, we say goodbye, and we'll meet at 7 o'clock this evening.

'And don’t you make me wait two hours then just disappear.'

'Now that I am prima ballerina, I have some privileges.'

A fleeting kiss, I head towards La Fenice, he towards the Rialto.

I was puzzled by the grey flamingo (fenicottero grigio), but a bit of research taught me
that flamingoes are grey when they're young, and tend to stay that way
if, as in the Venice Lagoon, they don't get to eat the right sorts of shrimps etc.
with lots of carotinoids in them.
All the same, those in the top pic look to me like herons.

Well, I don't claim to be much of an ornithologist, and we don't get flamingos of any colour in the Northern Forest,
but this is a grey flamingo grey-flamingo2.jpg

and this is a heron heron-grey-420x510.jpg

the grey birds in #289 and #292 look to me like herons, in #291 geese of some kind (greylag?)
I'm not sure what they are in #290, maybe a different species of heron or some kind of crane -
juveniles of the white ones?

Back
Top Bottom