Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Oh dear. I just realised that Barb is going to read this thread and I have spoiled the surprise. Sorry, Goldman!

Good job I didn't mention that tickets on the Staten Island Ferry are free...........

I read the small print. Figures. The guy is so cheap!

It was the previous war that had the need to social distance, Spanish Flu.
True! When the American troops returned home in 1919, such crowded ships lead to a massive spreading of Spanish Flu infections underway.
The soldiers coming back in 1919 were just bringing the flu back to it's point of origin.
Modern research indicates the disease first appeared in Haskell County, Kansas in January 1918 where Dr Loring Miner reported a new, deadly strain of flu: "This was violent, rapid in its progress through the body, and sometimes lethal. This influenza killed. Soon dozens of patients—the strongest, the healthiest, the most robust people in the county—were being struck down as suddenly as if they had been shot." His report of the new disease was ignored.
The first officially reported case was Albert Gitchell, a cook (!) at Camp Funston near Manhattan, Kansas on March 4, 1918. The virus spread through US Army camps and by April, the arriving troops had spread it in France and Britain. From there it was spread through the rest of the world..
180509-Z-A3538-1001.jpg

The soldiers coming back in 1919 were just bringing the flu back to it's point of origin.
Modern research indicates the disease first appeared in Haskell County, Kansas in January 1918 where Dr Loring Miner reported a new, deadly strain of flu: "This was violent, rapid in its progress through the body, and sometimes lethal. This influenza killed. Soon dozens of patients—the strongest, the healthiest, the most robust people in the county—were being struck down as suddenly as if they had been shot." His report of the new disease was ignored.
The first officially reported case was Albert Gitchell, a cook (!) at Camp Funston near Manhattan, Kansas on March 4, 1918. The virus spread through US Army camps and by April, the arriving troops had spread it in France and Britain. From there it was spread through the rest of the world..
View attachment 892514

Mmmm ... I was beyond amused with Trump's 'Kung Flu' and Chinese Flu attempts to shift the blame for his own inaction and incompetence, but if we did accept his logic that would make the US and a Kansas farm in particular responsible for better than 50 million deaths world wide back in 1918-1919.

Oh what a web we weave ....

Until the squirrel gets the hang of flying........

3b347f90d1b34ab4f5ecb6aca1f9646d_320x320.jpg

It was the previous war that had the need to social distance, Spanish Flu.

ok, I've got a few pics like these, not enough for a thread I suspect, so I'll put them in here. Upside down suspension, the first one's a gif

View attachment 891988View attachment 891989View attachment 891990View attachment 891991View attachment 891992View attachment 891994View attachment 891995View attachment 891996View attachment 891997View attachment 891998
Needs more whipping. Lots more whipping!

I’ll have coq au vin off the French menu, please, with a fine Bordeaux, a selection of Viennese pastries for dessert, followed by a good liqueur. :)

I'm verrrry sorrry Ms Moore but you know,
the ongoing political situation in Europe, such a mess...

let me ask what we still have off the French menu, ... one moment ...
well, we can still offer the coquilles Saint-Jacques à la brestoise, followed by canard nantais aux petits pois and topped off with the mousse aux grenouilles, will that do?

I'm verrrry sorrry Ms Moore but you know,
the ongoing political situation in Europe, such a mess...

let me ask what we still have off the French menu, ... one moment ...
well, we can still offer the coquilles Saint-Jacques à la brestoise, followed by canard nantais aux petits pois and topped off with the mousse aux grenouilles, will that do?
Don't know what all that is, but in french, it sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom