Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Not to mention needing a different cassette for each route. If I carried that many in my car, how would I ever find my Barry Manilow Greatest Hits, Volume XII cassette?

I wonder how many of our younger members have any idea what a cassette is?
According to https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cassette#h1, the original meaning of cassette. . .
iu.jpeg
. . . was a fancy coffin. Seems ironic, since that's where most cassettes have ended up. (Well, at least figuratively.)

Some local pics, I was out today!

Attachments

• _DSC0018.JPG
    _DSC0018.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • _DSC0021.JPG
    _DSC0021.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • _DSC0003.JPG
    _DSC0003.JPG
    965 KB · Views: 33
  • _DSC0004.JPG
    _DSC0004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • _DSC0005.JPG
    _DSC0005.JPG
    804.1 KB · Views: 48
Here's something for you aviation buffs...
I found these obscure British aircraft on t' interwebby-net.
Bet you cannot identify them ?? Lol.
View attachment 938763View attachment 938764View attachment 938765View attachment 938766View attachment 938767View attachment 938768
The third one is an Edgley Optica. I've seen one flying around here once or twice some years ago. At one time the police wanted to use them instead of helicopters but quickly realised that without the ability to hover in one place, it wasn't as useful. Neat design though but like so many British aircraft, lack of investment and governmental deals with overseas manufacturers pretty much killed it off.

C 64 with datasette :) Just imagine: 64k ram! I loved to play "Elite".
View attachment 937445
Supposedly Bill Gates was pondering the byte size needed to address memory for the PC (8-bit, 16-bit, etc.). "1 Meg! No one is ever going to need that!"

The urban dictionary definition of Microsoft Windows (from the days of the antitrust investigations):
A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom