Odds And Ends And Anything You Fancy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Finally! A how-to video that I can use.

Back to Oxford, the Dean of New College (a baby of an institution, founded in only 1379), Reverend William Archibald Spooner lent his name (unwillingly) to the speaking mistake of switching initial letters:
"The Lord is a shoving leopard"
"Three cheers for our queer old dean!" (was this really a mistake?)
"Is it kisstomary to cuss the bride?"
"He delivered a blushing crow."
"A well-boiled icicle"
"You were fighting a liar in the quadrangle."
"Is the bean dizzy?"
"Someone is occupewing my pie. Please sew me to another sheet." ("Someone is occupying my pew. Please show me to another seat.")
And the personal experience of a certain CF member - "You have hissed all my mystery lectures. You have tasted a whole worm. Please leave Oxford on the next town drain."

And I know I'll always be blessed with love
And as the feeling grows
She breathes flesh to my bones
And when love is dead
I'm loving angels instead

Following my crucified angel on the Great Pics thread

101466-affa.jpglook.com.ua-263659.jpgistockphoto-1170024492-612x612.jpgbdsmlr-54-4ONguiAeI81.jpgreeks-fall-n-angel-1-154af26f-gdjv.jpgd896811afc3496a609828ab821eebba2.jpgbad-angel-mario-pichler.jpgcartoon_angel_sex-2153.jpggettyimages-484835630-612x612.jpg1-white-angel-gene-oryx-canvas-print.jpg

Fritz-Hebbel.jpg

Besides Heinrich Heine, I admire another poet: Christian Friedrich Hebbel.
Some call him an "anarchist". But I like that.
This is one of his poems that I particularly like.

Ich und Du

Wir träumten voneinander
Und sind davon erwacht,
Wir leben, um uns zu lieben,
Und sinken zurück in die Nacht.

Du tratst aus meinem Traume,
Aus deinem trat ich hervor.
Wir sterben, wenn sich eines
Im andern ganz verlor.

Auf einer Lilie zittern
Zwei Tropfen, rein und rund,
Zerfließen in eins und rollen
Hinab in des Kelches Grund.

In addition to the verse meter, I have attached importance to a particular exactness of the content. Unfortunately, I have not yet managed the rhyme. What do you think:

Me und You

We dreamed of each other
and that awakened us;
we live to love each other
and back we slide into the night.

You stepped out of my dream
and I stepped out of yours.
We die when the One of us
is lost completely in the other.

On a lily trembling
two drops, pure and round;
melting to one and rolling
down into the chalice's ground.

If anyone is thinking of following Dante this easter, here is a map for you!
What did Dante have against Centaurs anyway? :D
Looked in this morning, seemed to be pretty well empty, Satan said that guy with holes in his hands had come down yesterday and let all the damned souls out (except a few who opted to stay, couldn't cope with all those harps and everlasting light). Still, Satan wasn't bothered, Hell will soon start filling up again. there's no shortage of sinners, he's planning on building an extension ...
YEAH, THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. SPRING CLEANING. :D

Here is a treatise on the science of hell. It makes a lot of sense to me.
That thesis only works in the assumption that souls consist of material substance and have a mass. That is theologically disputable.:angel2:

Secondly, the thesis assumes that everbody goes to all hells belonging to all other religions. This implies that, according to the Kopenhagen interpretation of quantum physics, that a soul is not a singular particle (with mass), but an unlocated wave function, which proves souls have no mass. Hence, there is no need to physically expand hell, regardless of the numbers of sinners that fill it up. There will only be some interference and diffraction. Souls will only become singular particles on the Day of Judgement.:abduction:

It is furthermore postulated that the soular waves absorbed by hell, cause accumulation of energy, but that, this accumulation is in perfect equilibrium with the expansion of the universe, so that, relative to time, hell remains in thermal equilibrium with its environment, despite its build up of energy. If this postulate should not be true, then it would mean that the second law of thermodynamics would be an absolute truth. This would however be a denial of the very purpose of Creation, since any God is perfect and hence never would create chaos. Entropy is merely a subjective perception by mankind, induced by his mortal and sinful state, preventing man from keeping pace with the expansion of the universe, and actually staying mentally behind of it.:roto2cafe:

Conclusion : since hell is always in thermal equilibrium with its environment, the question whether it is exo- or endothermic, is irrelevant!:roto2nuse:

(from : Prof. Dr. Loxuru :ambulance:: 'A Hundred Weird Theological Theories you will definitely get Crucified for!').:icon_writing::roto2palm: :firedevil:

Getting into theological discussions is difficult because there are no clear rules. For instance, God cannot have free will, since he's omniscient. He has always known what he is going to do, so he can't change his mind, and he can't decide anything, because he already knows what the decision is and there is no time pre-decision when he was unsure. Furthermore, he's eternal. If x happens NOW, it's like a clock. There's a time before x, and a time after x. But there was never a time before god, so the time before x has to be forever, and therefore x never happened. So, it's really hard to make sense of all this because nothing can happen. There can't be any time.
Souls, like neutrinos, can change state--they can turn into damned souls, or saved souls, or iffy souls. So, like neutrinos, they must have mass. They also must be localized, because the people who possess them are.
It is really a problem if all the different religions have different gods and they all need different hells. I would think the solution is for there to be one devil and one hell and the devil acts like a contractor, renting out customized hell services. That makes sense, because if the devil is opposed to an all-powerful God, the devil should not exist--God can just get rid of him (or her). But the devil clearly exists and thumbs her nose at every deity. The devil must be a god who specializes in services to other gods. (Zeus, similarly, is EL SUPREMO but has to tolerate Poseidon and Hades and those other gods and can't get rid of either them or the godlets he's sired or stop Hera from doing in the women he's sired them with. Genesis says that god was disturbed when other immortal beings found the "daughters of men" "comely" and passed on their immortality. Everybody's god seems to have problems maintaining the top roost and controlling the army of immortals which seems to exist.)
The bottom line is that I certainly don't think souls are unlocalized (otherwise they couldn't be in hell or heaven unless hell and heaven are in the same space), and I do think they have mass, and I would have given the guy an A too. (I also would probably have given Therese an A for recognizing how weird he was and staying away from him. There is however one problem with her conditions. Years ago, there was a cartoon of Satan skating around and little demons ice-fishing. Hell had frozen over. "Who could have foreseen it? The United States Post Office made a profit!")

Last edited:
"..it's one thing saying you've got the best god, but sayin' it's the only real one is a bit of cheek, in my opinion."
So said Terry Pratchett.
He said also - "That's what the gods are! An answer that will do! Because there's food to be caught and babies to be born and life to be lived and so there is no time for big, complicated and worrying answers! Please give us a simple answer, so we don't have to think, because if we think we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

I am baptized and confirmed but who wants to decide which one is the only, the best, the most important of all gods? Is there a higher dance that is completely independent and neutral? Because who else should rate something like that? Because every god claims that he is the only true one. (So and now you can shout: blasphemy)

Here is a treatise on the science of hell. It makes a lot of sense to me.
The article contains a flaw right from the start:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

However, this is based on an assumption about the Christian version of Hell in which it is a place of eternal punishment., which is not even agreed upon by all Christians. Many believe that Hell is a holding area until the Final Judgement, in which those who accept Jesus will be saved and those that do not will be wiped from existence.

The Hindu and Buddhist version of Hell, called Naraka (ooh, I like that name) is a place of temporary punishment where a soul is punished until it is ready for reincarnation.

The author further makes the assumption that Hell exist within our universe and must comply with our laws of thermodynamics. However, if Hell exist in it's own universe, different physical laws may apply.

The article contains a flaw right from the start:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

However, this is based on an assumption about the Christian version of Hell in which it is a place of eternal punishment., which is not even agreed upon by all Christians. Many believe that Hell is a holding area until the Final Judgement, in which those who accept Jesus will be saved and those that do not will be wiped from existence.

The Hindu and Buddhist version of Hell, called Naraka (ooh, I like that name) is a place of temporary punishment where a soul is punished until it is ready for reincarnation.

The author further makes the assumption that Hell exist within our universe and must comply with our laws of thermodynamics. However, if Hell exist in it's own universe, different physical laws may apply.
The hell you say. :buenrollo:

Back
Top Bottom