Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
I’m glad he never became President, but . . .

. . . JFK once said something along the lines of the United States is the world’s least exclusive club but sometimes has the highest dues. Bob Dole paid those dues.

I’m glad he never became President, but . . .

. . . JFK once said something along the lines of the United States is the world’s least exclusive club but sometimes has the highest dues. Bob Dole paid those dues.
Yes he did. And unlike the present crop of politicians in Washington, he did his job more for the country than himself.
May he RIP.

Two passings :

Lina Wertmüller (1928 - 2021), Italian film director, first woman ever to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Director (Pasqualino, Sette Bellezze in 1977).

Michael Nesmith (1942 - 2021), former guitarist and singer of The Monkees.

Lina Wertmüller (1928 - 2021), Italian film director, first woman ever to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Director (Pasqualino, Sette Bellezze in 1977).
Wertmüller's Pasqualino Settebelleze (English title : Seven Beauties) was critisized for the way it depicted a Nazi concentration camp. A bit comparable to one of the most famous movies of another leading lady of Italy's filmmaking at the time, Liliana Cavani's 'The Night Porter' (which was controversial for the same reason).

In 'Seven Beauties', the male protangonist survives in the concentration camp by submitting to the sexual desires of the obese female camp commander. A bit the reverse of gender roles (Rampling- vs. Bogarde's characters) as in the storyline of The Night Porter.

Nesmith was more than just a Monkee. He was a talented musician and songwriter before joining the group and after he continued to record and write and was a pioneer of the music video. His video "Elephant Parts" won the first ever Best Video Grammy in 1981. The cause of death is believed to be heart failure.
Mike Nesmith's mom invented 'White-out'. He liked a very comfortable life because of that!!!

Anne Rice 1941-2021.

In addition to her well-known vampire novels, she wrote several BDSM novels, the "Beauty" series under the pen-name A.N. Roquelaure. Not that I read stuff like that (too busy writing it, I guess)

Her books about "Beauty" had a big impact on a young and impressionable Jackie. They provided Jackie with several masturbatory fantasies that lasted for years.

RIP Ann.

Which brings a question to mind; why is it that the Grim Reaper is always considered to be a male ?
THERE IS THIS CONNECTION BETWEEN DEATH AND A LOSS OF INNOCENCE, PERHAPS, AND INNOCENCE IS OFTEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEMALE OR FEMININE ASPECT, AND TAKING THAT HAS BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE MASCULINE. HENCE THE DEATH AND THE MAIDEN THEME (THERE'S A WHOLE THREAD I STARTED ON THAT HERE SOMEWHERE). IN THE END OF COURSE, THERE ISN'T REALLY A MASCULINE OR FEMININE - THERE'S JUST ME.

AND DEATH DOESN'T SHOW UP JUST AS A MALE FIGURE, EVEN HERE ON CF.

Putting in a plug for Neil Gaiman's version.
RIGHT. HOW DO I LOOK?
Deathgirl02.jpg

I THINK THE UMBRELLA IS CUTE. DEADLIER THAN THE MALE, EH?

death-gif03.gif

Back
Top Bottom